V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 14, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #6,287 of 23,366
Quote:
To be honest, I don't even know what that is, a hub for headphones>amp>computer and mic>computer? 
What does it cost? Does it affect sound at all?

Astro MixAmp 5.8 (According to AstroGaming's website, MixAmp Pro looks to be the latest model but isn't wireless)
Converts your wired headphones with mic to "wireless"

Just plug the headphones into the receiver, and plug the other transmitter/receiver into your PS3, PC, Xbox, etc.

Cost - $130

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/14/astro-mixamp-5-8-review/

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #6,288 of 23,366
Quote:
To be honest, I don't even know what that is, a hub for headphones>amp>computer and mic>computer? 
What does it cost? Does it affect sound at all?

sorry, it's an Astro Mixamp -- A wireless dolby digital decoder/mic mixer   You basically hook it up to the output of your console/computer on one side, and then have a wireless connection to hook your headset into.  (they also make a wired version if you're adverse to wireless).

It's basically the premiere headset amp for gaming as it combines virtual surround sound with the ability to pipe in your teammates at the desired level.

It's also considered a very good headphone amp in its own right.

$130 for the wired, wireless is an e-bay item now, running around $175

Sep 14, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #6,289 of 23,366
Official headset for the new Xbox. You heard it here first :p.

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #6,290 of 23,366
Quote:

Agreed, we just don't have the resources in these next few months for Europe as we are growing so big in Asia and America.  We have the right partners in Asia/US, but Europe is challenging because it is so fragmented.  But, we'll get there and open up an office and store soon in Paris or Milano.  I can't wait to live there for a while...

-v

Please, choose Paris! 
biggrin.gif

I didn't pre-order the M100 mostly due to shipping costs and import taxes. Can't wait to find them here. And I'd also love to buy some custom shields for my LP2!

Sep 14, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #6,293 of 23,366
Been following this thread for a while. I'm in the market for £200-ish closed cans and I'm hoping these deliver SQ-wise...we all know they will build and style-wise! I've got a very minimal design idea for the plates, if they do deliver. Hyped. 

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #6,294 of 23,366
Quote:
Seems the blue is a glossy finish - so I'm not sure I'd like the fingerprints that guarantees. I might switch to blue.. I do like it, and it matches what I got the sig for. I guess I should change it.. Hmmm..

I am fairly certain the blue is darker and matte finish based on a picture Val posted about 2 months ago (needle in a haystack trying to find here).  I also think this is a new blue shield specifically for the M-100 as this particular blue was offered with the VTF-100, but not an option with the LP2 or M80.

Sep 14, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #6,295 of 23,366
Quote:
I am fairly certain the blue is darker and matte finish based on a picture Val posted about 2 months ago (needle in a haystack trying to find here).  I also think this is a new blue shield specifically for the M-100 as this particular blue was offered with the VTF-100, but not an option with the LP2 or M80.

If you could show me the picture you're talking about, I'd be really grateful. 

Sep 15, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #6,296 of 23,366
Quote:
If you could show me the picture you're talking about, I'd be really grateful. 

It's not conclusive, but the blue in the lower left may be matte or glossy (same with some of the other colors), but you can see this is darker than the standard blue.  I guess we will find out in a week or so.

P.S. This is an old photo from a month or so ago.  The packaging has been updated since.

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #6,299 of 23,366
I'm very excited about these headphones, but am also a little nervous - whenever there's a lot of pre-release hype and expectation there's increased scope for disappointment.  Reading the story above, I get nervous hearing stuff like "...might sound too bass heavy at home..."  and "midrange and treble presence were quite good".  Only "quite" good?  I absolutely love the signature of the M80s, and hope the M100s don't veer too far from that (in the direction of the LP2s).  I'm not a DJ and don't listen to dance music - I want something that also sounds fantastic playing acoustic folk and rock (like the M80s do).  I guess we'll know soon enough!

Sep 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #6,300 of 23,366
I'm very excited about these headphones, but am also a little nervous - whenever there's a lot of pre-release hype and expectation there's increased scope for disappointment.  Reading the story above, I get nervous hearing stuff like "...might sound too bass heavy at home..."  and "midrange and treble presence were quite good".  Only "quite" good?  I absolutely love the signature of the M80s, and hope the M100s don't veer too far from that (in the direction of the LP2s).  I'm not a DJ and don't listen to dance music - I want something that also sounds fantastic playing acoustic folk and rock (like the M80s do).  I guess we'll know soon enough!

When someone like steve guttenberg calls a set of - 300 dollar - headphones quite good, I wouldn't worry too much :wink: Let's wait and read his review when he finishes it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back