V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 13, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #6,227 of 23,366
I've always been a white sorta guy, so I was dead-set on the white from the get-go.

Kinda funny that most people were geared toward the Shadow and Matte Black at time of the pre-orders, but now that there's plenty of images of the White/Silver model, everyone's drooling over that, aheh.

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #6,228 of 23,366
You made your "homie" cry. :triportsad:
Amazon is the one&only verified reseller here in the Bel Paese and I'd love to place an order as soon as our beloved e-tailer starts selling these really good sounding (and quite sexy - I must admit) cans... I have high expectations, too.
Please, PLEASE, don't leave us behind! :wink:

Out of curiosity: What's stopping you from ordering from V-Moda's website?

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #6,229 of 23,366
Out of curiosity: What's stopping you from ordering from V-Moda's website?

Our customs. Italian custom houses are haunted by by these little mean devils. They are greedy for your blood and your money. And they like to clear your customs the slowest way possible.
7PK0T.jpg

It's always a pain in the arse to get something shipped from overseas. :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #6,231 of 23,366
By "Any Thoughts Head-Fi?", I was talking about the color thing..

But about the cup/vent design - maybe they added features inside? Like dampening or filters or such? I'm no audio-technician or headphone-designer, but I'd assume it's possible.

You guys probably already know what I'll say. Personally I like white + blue because it stands out and isn't as bland as black/white, though the custom logo looks better on black. I'm guessing a cleaning cloth will come with the M-100 like the LP/LP2 so you can wipe fingerprints off.

Sep 13, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #6,233 of 23,366
I'll be the first - and possibly only - person to say that I prefer the looks of the AKG K267 Tiesto - no offense to V-Moda, V-Moda's style looks great, and the M-100's look like they can survive a hurricane. I'm not 100% on board with the sharper edges and such, but they don't look bad by any stretch of the imagination.

I love the white, with matte black as a close second favorite.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #6,234 of 23,366
Quote:
Our customs. Italian custom houses are haunted by by these little mean devils. They are greedy for your blood and your money. And they like to clear your customs the slowest way possible.
7PK0T.jpg

It's always a pain in the arse to get something shipped from overseas.
frown.gif

+1 on this, I'm from Belgium and customs are getting harder and harder in Europe so if a brand wants to sell internationaly they will need a local support. Vmoda is very appreciated in Europe but these headphones are too hard to find. There are very few brands concerned as much by sound quality and design. People are waiting for both now so there is definitely a market for the brand here too.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #6,235 of 23,366
Yeah I ordered a headphone amp from the US recently and it's been stuck in Dutch customs for four days now. Ugh.

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #6,237 of 23,366
Yea hope it will be better with the availability in europe than LP2 launch, took ages for it to appear with reasonable stock in europe.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #6,238 of 23,366
Quote:
oui.... whew!  I'll  personally test the first 200-600 units myself and then 2-5 on each production run forever.

Val, regarding the VTFs, remember not to let yourself burn out before you're done verifying, just because people want them to be shipped by the 21st/22nd, like you said.

600 units seem like a lot.

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #6,239 of 23,366
It's really crazy how fast this thread has grown, especially because of the fact that they don't exist on the market yet.

Where else do you see this kind of hype?

Sep 13, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #6,240 of 23,366
It's really crazy how fast this thread has grown, especially because of the fact that they don't exist on the market yet.

Where else do you see this kind of hype?

Seems like the combination of an Apple-esque, avant garde design ethic with the anticipated great SQ make for a rare event. The M-80 did some ground breaking, while mastermind and CEO Val Kolton has some fantastic marketing chops: relaying his own enthousiasm by tirelessly joining hands (here and about) with his own target audience. I pre-ordered the M-100 because of this, and because I get the impression these 'phones are - their good looks notwithstanding - more substance then marketing.

As a plus, the success this brings might enlarge the Head-fi community with a new demographic, maybe even propelling the development of mass produced "wearable" full size cans like these. Ok, some wishful thinking there....Now of to bed, it's already midnight over here in Holland :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back