V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 13, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #6,211 of 23,366
Quote:
P.S. Follow @AudiophiliacMan; tweeting about the M-100's, among others

yes, Steve actually used the production M-100s before I listened to them. I randomly gave him a unit and he liked it.  fun story.  I am so thrilled, I can finally trust my "V-MODA VISION" all-star team.
Quote:
I can't believe your checking them yourself Val! That's dedication and commitment to quality. I'm even more stoked to be getting a pair now, especially the white/silver! They look unreal!

grazie
Quote:
I'd like to publicly announce my regret for not buying in white.

GODDAYMN SON!! Fine looking headphones.

That said, they look objectively great, not so sure they'd look good on me.

I'll just have to buy a pair for my girlfriend.

That I'll use.

Every day.

personally, I love the white and matte black.   they are equally bad-ass, but there is something very very very trick about the matte black M-100.  the orange cable and ALL the metal stealth features also have a tactile feedback. It is like a custom car meets a bank vault.  However, I always wear the white as it is a understated statement.  

I'd own several if I were a normal consumer, it is a better investment than shoes!

Quote:
It must hurt to throw out those boxes.  I am literally counting the days until they arrive and am very happy that I am in on the first production run and ordered white with grey pads. 

I was sure you were a vampire until you logged on during the day today.  Maybe you could do an amazing Halloween photo shoot complete with orange shielded M-100s?

still vampy.... and tired
Quote:
When will us europeans get our hands on the M-100s?

order from US and will take ~5 days longer.  Truthfully, I am still deciding how to sell our new products in Europe.  Asia and America is our focus right now and we try to support Europe when we can as Italy is our "hometown".
Quote:

So your plan is still to personally review each o

oui.... whew!  I'll  personally test the first 200-600 units myself and then 2-5 on each production run forever.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #6,212 of 23,366
Quote:

still vampy.... and tired
order from US and will take ~5 days longer.  Truthfully, I am still deciding how to sell our new products in Europe.  Asia and America is our focus right now and we try to support Europe when we can as Italy is our "hometown".
oui.... whew!  I'll  personally test the first 200-600 units myself and then 2-5 on each production run forever.

Hey Val, 

Quick question if you are still around. I pre-ordered the m-100s,however, I'll be out of town. Will you be shipping those to Asia and if so am I able to change the shipping address to one in Asia. I really don't want to wait until I get back in mid-October to test them out! Thanks.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #6,213 of 23,366
Sitting here listening to Mr. Gnome on my M-80's, I'm kind of kicking myself for holding off on committing to buy one of the first run for so long that I missed out.

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #6,214 of 23,366
Quote:
Sitting here listening to Mr. Gnome on my M-80's, I'm kind of kicking myself for holding off on committing to buy one of the first run for so long that I missed out.

M-80 still is amazing, M-100 is different yet it was cut from the same cashmere.

-v

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #6,216 of 23,366
Quote:
Still unsure if I should get matte black shields or blue shields for my White VTF-100's, but I'll be happy either way, I'm sure!

I went with the blue.  Kudos to whoever picks out shield colors.  To my eyes, it is the most perfect shade of blue I have ever seen.  The white looks amazing as is, so I will have a difficult time deciding when to switch out the stock shields with blue.  Has anyone tried mixing shield colors L/R?

Sep 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #6,218 of 23,366
Quote:

M-80 still is amazing, M-100 is different yet it was cut from the same cashmere.

-v

I agree on the M-80, I've made a lot of purchases on Head-Fi over the years, I think the M-80's are one of the best. Mine live at work during the week but I take them home on the weekends where they usually get more attention than the W3000's. I'm thinking I need the M-100's for home.
wink_face.gif

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #6,219 of 23,366
Quote:
Are you trying to say the white are feminine?   Well, maybe with pink shields :)

Nope, it doesn't go with my skin-tone.

Pink shields, however, bring out the colour in my eyes.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #6,221 of 23,366
I went with the blue.  Kudos to whoever picks out shield colors.  To my eyes, it is the most perfect shade of blue I have ever seen.  The white looks amazing as is, so I will have a difficult time deciding when to switch out the stock shields with blue.  Has anyone tried mixing shield colors L/R?

I doubt you can have multiple colors - as they'd be left with one color of each, and they'd have to wait for another person to do the same with the same colors to pair the leftovers with.

Anyway, Seems the blue is a glossy finish - so I'm not sure I'd like the fingerprints that guarantees. I might switch to blue.. I do like it, and it matches what I got the sig for. I guess I should change it.. Hmmm.. Any thoughts Head-fi? Any news on Isolation/Leakage Val? Any different from the LP2 and M-80?

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #6,222 of 23,366
If it still uses the V-port design it is unlikely it will be any different from the M-80s.

I'm going to be out of the country, am likely to get charged for customs imports in the UK on these? I'll probably get a relative to ship them over. Or... Val, they'll be in LA, if you could pick them up and drop them off whenever you're in Londontown, that'd be much appreciated :wink:.

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #6,224 of 23,366
Truthfully, I am still deciding how to sell our new products in Europe.  Asia and America is our focus right now and we try to support Europe when we can as Italy is our "hometown".

You made your "homie" cry. :triportsad:

Amazon is the one&only verified reseller here in the Bel Paese and I'd love to place an order as soon as our beloved e-tailer starts selling these really good sounding (and quite sexy - I must admit) cans... I have high expectations, too.
Please, PLEASE, don't leave us behind! :wink:

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #6,225 of 23,366
Quote:
Just in terms of leakage, is there any reason to think they would be different than LP2 based on a similar cup/vent design?

By "Any Thoughts Head-Fi?", I was talking about the color thing..

But about the cup/vent design - maybe they added features inside? Like dampening or filters or such? I'm no audio-technician or headphone-designer, but I'd assume it's possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back