V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 11, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #6,121 of 23,366
Quote:
Is there a gain setting you can use? Otherwise I'd be inclined to say you may want to find a pair of headphones that matches the player's output rather than an issue of the headphones being too sensitive.
I had a hiss on my ALO Rx Mk3 even on low gain & had the manufacturer lower the gain to reduce the hiss.

I don't think there's a gain setting on it. I am however inexperienced with this player, so maybe there's something else i can do with it. I heard Hisoundaudio also sells some impedence cord thing that can reduce the hiss. Maybe that might work. Either way, I guess this is what I get for purchasing my source after my headphones :D. I guess it'll get better with experience (in gear) as I learn more about audio. 

Sep 11, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #6,123 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm tempted to just get the original LP.. I love their style so much, and I'd want white/red. I know that they're not good performance-wise though, so I'm really hoping the VTF 100's come out soon.

Sound signatures will be very different.  I don't think one can sub for the other just because they are both from V-Moda.  If you preordered, we should have in our hands within 3 weeks based on the latest estimate.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #6,127 of 23,366
Quote:
The M80s have a rather strong hiss during silences on my RoCoo P I just got today. Hopefully the M100 won't be as sensitive.

Looks like I'm going to be buying an impedance adapter for my Studio V. The 15 or 30 ohm version should be enough to kill off Hisszilla

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #6,128 of 23,366
How would it affect the SQ with those impedance adapters?

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #6,129 of 23,366
Quote:
How would it affect the SQ with those impedance adapters?

You're getting the hiss because your gear is to sensitive and the Rocoo is outputting to much juice into the gear. By adding impedance you make the gear less sensitive thereby killing off Hisszilla. If you add to much impedance it will screw with the sound signature and impact it in a negative way. The idea is to add just enough impedance to get rid of the hiss but not impact the sound. I ordered a Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition on Sunday due to an online friend highly recommending the player. He has gear that also will hiss on his Rocoo V and he uses a 30 ohm impedance adapter to solve the problem. I just ordered my own set of impedance adapters one being 15 ohm and the other being 30 ohm because I have gear similar to his that's also sensitive and upon hearing your findings concerning the M-80 I thought it prudent to grab my own adapters. I chose to order two different impedance values in order to test and see which ohm value would work better for me. If you would like more information about the impedance adapters I suggest you message my buddy lee730 and ask him for advice. I can't give you any rock solid answers until I've done my own experimentation.

By the way, hiss aside is the Rocoo really as detailed and dynamic sounding as I've read?

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #6,130 of 23,366
Well it is definitely better than my itouch (well ofc), but that's all I can say. I'm just a beginner head-fier so I don't really know how to describe all the detail/"good stuff" about it. Sorry about that. 

Oh and thanks for the advice. I'll probably get one of those impedance adapters in the future. Can you tell me which value works for you when you get it? :D.

Sep 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #6,131 of 23,366
Quote:
Well it is definitely better than my itouch (well ofc), but that's all I can say. I'm just a beginner head-fier so I don't really know how to describe all the detail/"good stuff" about it. Sorry about that. 

Oh and thanks for the advice. I'll probably get one of those impedance adapters in the future. Can you tell me which value works for you when you get it? :D.

Sure, message me in a few weeks. I should have an idea what works the best by then

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #6,133 of 23,366
I'll be going through every Gorillaz album on the M-100. Every single one is a complete masterpiece.

Sep 12, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #6,134 of 23,366
Quote:
I'll be going through every Gorillaz album on the M-100. Every single one is a complete masterpiece.

Haha, I'll eventually be doing that, too. (not consecutively, though.) Thanks for the reminder. I like their videos. It reminds me that Gorillaz is unique. Heheh, they even got Bruce Willis on one of their videos.

On another note: https://twitter.com/valkolton/status/245396386747674624/photo/1/large
I wonder if the shields on those Matte Black HP are the default.

Sep 12, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #6,135 of 23,366
Quote:

Haha, I'll eventually be doing that, too. (not consecutively, though.) Thanks for the reminder. I like their videos. It reminds me that Gorillaz is unique. Heheh, they even got Bruce Willis on one of their videos.

On another note: https://twitter.com/valkolton/status/245396386747674624/photo/1/large
I wonder if the shields on those Matte Black HP are the default.

It sure looks like it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back