V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 6, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #5,956 of 23,366
Quote:
Since we're on the off-topic of DAPs, does anyone here have the new iPod Nano? I just ordered one because I love the super-portability of the device (i mean come on guize you can use it as a watch isnt that super special awsum or wut) and cheap storage (20 bucks more for double storage) but I'm not sure of its value vs., say, an iPod Touch.

Should've waited. It's gonna be replaced.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #5,958 of 23,366
Since we're on the off-topic of DAPs, does anyone here have the new iPod Nano? I just ordered one because I love the super-portability of the device (i mean come on guize you can use it as a watch isnt that super special awsum or wut) and cheap storage (20 bucks more for double storage) but I'm not sure of its value vs., say, an iPod Touch.

Not going to lie, I think the Nano is a complete waste of money unless you use a LOD.

$40 4GB Sansa Clip Zip + $20 32 GB Class 4 microSD. Total price? $60 USD; half the price of the Nano for 4.5 times the storage, you can install Rockbox, upgrade to a 64 GB microSD, has a customizable interface and themes with Rockbox, and offers a 5-band graphic [and parametric in Rockbox] EQ. Size-wise the Clip Zip is a bit larger.

NwAvGuy did a review of the Clip+ vs iPod Touch 3G and though the Touch did better scientifically, the Clip+ theoretically sounds better.

Sep 6, 2012 at 7:30 PM Post #5,959 of 23,366
Not going to lie, I think the Nano is a complete waste of money unless you use a LOD.
$40 4GB Sansa Clip Zip + $20 32 GB Class 4 microSD. Total price? $60 USD; half the price of the Nano for 4.5 times the storage, you can install Rockbox, upgrade to a 64 GB microSD, customizable interface with Rockbox, and offers a 5-band graphic [and parametric in Rockbox] EQ. Size-wise the Clip Zip is a bit larger.
NwAvGuy did a review of the Clip+ vs iPod Touch 3G and though the Touch did better scientifically, the Clip+ theoretically sounds better.

I wish I had read that before I bought it. Return.jpg

Sep 6, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #5,962 of 23,366
Pffft, no need to apologize. It's like Shigeru Miyamoto said about video games (substitute words where needed about headphones): "A delayed game is eventually good. A bad game is forever bad." Besides, maybe they'll come in at the same time as my suitjamas xD

You know, besides Vaporware, which will forever be nonexistant.

Duke
Nukem
Forever.

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:50 AM Post #5,966 of 23,366
Holy grail for me: Top SQ-media player (be it a phone or dmp) with Spotify. (I already have an iPhone, so I don't feel an iPod Touch will make that much of a difference). Looking out to the iPhone 5 and perhaps the new Nano line in this respect; the M-100's deserve it!

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #5,967 of 23,366
Interesting launch of products this week from Nokia, Motorola, Amazon and the updated news on Microsoft Surface.  I personally am amped for the Nokia 920 wireless charging and Win 8 in general, Microsoft Surface Pro (that can CREATE and CONSUME CONTENT) and to see Amazon's vast ecosystem in Fire HD. Next up is Apple's 12th announcement and V-MODA's news on __th for the new M-100 and ____  ___!  Exciting few weeks for the mobile community.

Saw this from Singapore CNET pop-up on Google Alerts:

http://asia.cnet.com/hands-on-v-moda-crossfade-m-100-and-vamp-62218619.htm

Sep 7, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #5,968 of 23,366
Quote:
Duke
Nukem
Forever.

After so many years waiting forever and spending hundreds of hours reading about it, I finally downloaded and bought it.  Yet, I never had time to play it.  So odd...

Still need to try/win it soon just because of the wait.  I need a break after Revolver!

Sep 7, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #5,970 of 23,366
Hey Val! New member here, can't wait for the M-100 to come out, real excited. Owned a Vibe a year or two ago but the cable broke and I wasn't aware of my warranty back then. So the detachable cables are a real benefit for me.

Planning to buy the M-100, maybe two, or maybe the M-80, one for my girl and one for me. Any discounts on combined shipping to Australia?

Gonna check out reviews first though, either way, it's the M-100, M-80 or the LP2. Can't wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back