V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 6, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #5,926 of 23,366
Don't worry, it's beyond your control and we understand that. However I personally appriciate getting status updates like this instead of being left out in the dark without any info so thanks for keeping us updated!

X2 Val don't worry about that, you already do enough to keep us informed and we appreciate every update. The last thing you need on your mind is people getting upset over any delay. I've been waiting since last year and I'll still remain patient so long as the M-100 is made and tuned to the best of its ability. Thanks again.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #5,927 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry for the extended silence, I have been making huge back-end strategic deals for V-MODA, moving houses and I hadn't seen my girlfriend in nearly a month because I was so busy travelling.

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE
The first units are now done and pass all the reliability and audio standards.  Now we are just waiting for the "little" things like final packaging and accessories.  We also perform "drop tests" in the packaging and do all the regulatory testing like "ROHS".  I'll have the first few in my hand by mid next week to do a press tour and the pre-order units HOPEFULLY will be shipping 9/21 once we verify the packaging is perfect.

Please do not get sad/mad when dates slip a bit, many items our out of our control and it is just a part of product development and keeping quality #1.  Many things happen that I cannot disclose publicly because of NDAs with our partners, etc.

Pictures are almost completed, I'll post some soon!

-v  

Is there a slight slight chance that estimate will be beat? I'm leaving for a trip right before that :frowning2:

Sep 6, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #5,930 of 23,366
As much as I wish you the best of luck - the 9/21 date is HOPEFULL, not for sure at this point in time. Even if things go perfectly, all it would take is a small shipping exception to mess up your plans.

I speak from experience when I say "hope for the best, expect the worst" - plan out what you may need to happen in the case you're not there. That way, even if the date does slip, you've planned for it, and have nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps!

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #5,931 of 23,366
Hey guys...been away for a while and dont want to read through over 750 posts so excuse me if this has already been asked over and over but search function didnt bring up anything! 

Have the PPU´s been shipped/ has anyone recieved them yet? 

Sep 6, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #5,932 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry for the extended silence, I have been making huge back-end strategic deals for V-MODA, moving houses and I hadn't seen my girlfriend in nearly a month because I was so busy travelling.

MP OF UNITS/QC DONE
The first units are now done and pass all the reliability and audio standards.  Now we are just waiting for the "little" things like final packaging and accessories.  We also perform "drop tests" in the packaging and do all the regulatory testing like "ROHS".  I'll have the first few in my hand by mid next week to do a press tour and the pre-order units HOPEFULLY will be shipping 9/21 once we verify the packaging is perfect.

Please do not get sad/mad when dates slip a bit, many items our out of our control and it is just a part of product development and keeping quality #1.  Many things happen that I cannot disclose publicly because of NDAs with our partners, etc.

Pictures are almost completed, I'll post some soon!

-v  

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #5,933 of 23,366
Is there a slight slight chance that estimate will be beat? I'm leaving for a trip right before that :frowning2:

Val has explicitly said that they have some things that are out of their control. The word "hopefully" usually implies that everything goes well and that is in the best-case scenario.
I can understand your frustrations, but if things are out of your control...well you can't control the shipping date. Things will get done when they get done.

If a company decides to release a product on date X, and your birthday is date X - 1, you can't really beg the company to release the product on date X - 1 because they probably have a reason for setting it to date X in the first place.

Sep 6, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #5,934 of 23,366
Quote:
Val has explicitly said that they have some things that are out of their control. The word "hopefully" usually implies that everything goes well and that is in the best-case scenario.
I can understand your frustrations, but if things are out of your control...well you can't control the shipping date. Things will get done when they get done.
If a company decides to release a product on date X, and your birthday is date X - 1, you can't really beg the company to release the product on date X - 1 because they probably have a reason for setting it to date X in the first place.

If anything, the release date will be later if Murphy's Law has anything to say about it.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #5,936 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys...been away for a while and dont want to read through over 750 posts so excuse me if this has already been asked over and over but search function didnt bring up anything! 

Have the PPU´s been shipped/ has anyone recieved them yet? 

Yep, everyone who ordered them received them, but they've all been sent back because, no matter what music you played, the headphones only pumped out dubstep!!

Psych. Just kidding. No, they're not out yet, but check back a page or two to see Val's most recent update :)

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #5,937 of 23,366
I can - with full confidence (as a head-fi member) - say that one of the NDA's, and that earliest shipping date expectation, are because of the apple event being held on the 12th, and the rumored date of the iPhone 5 on the 21st.

It may be something like a new version of the vamp being introduced, or a special new feature that has to do with the new iPhone and iPods that are being introduced.

Your guesses are as good as mine, but here's hoping. Either way, I'm buying a new iPod ASAP, my touch is dying.

Sep 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #5,938 of 23,366
Quote:
I can - with full confidence (as a head-fi member) - say that one of the NDA's, and that earliest shipping date expectation, are because of the apple event being held on the 12th, and the rumored date of the iPhone 5 on the 21st.
It may be something like a new version of the vamp being introduced, or a special new feature that has to do with the new iPhone and iPods that are being introduced.
Your guesses are as good as mine, but here's hoping. Either way, I'm buying a new iPod ASAP, my touch is dying.

Why don't you buy one of these
The price has come right down..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back