V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 30, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #5,734 of 23,366
Quote:
Gotta ship to 'merica first, then packaging a bit and shields (with Val taking a pic of all the shields), then they ship to everyone.

hope they ship by air 
bigsmile_face.gif

It is also morning in China right now, they must be being built right now! It'd be pretty interesting to see the manufacturing process being headphones.

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #5,735 of 23,366
Quote:
Gotta ship to 'merica first, then packaging a bit and shields (with Val taking a pic of all the shields), then they ship to everyone.

Yeah, I am still thinking about switching to faster shipment though :)   Would love to have them before I leave town at the end of next week (even though I know it's practically impossible)

Aug 30, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #5,736 of 23,366
Quote:
OK BIG UPDATE.  

The first 300-550 units are going to be built tomorrow.  We are going slow on these and watching every step of the way. Wish us luck everybody!  

I'll keep you posted as I learn more.

Champagne?

val

Regarding cables: I'll let you know more soon, but I cannot say all the details for certain reasons 

Well I don't have any champagne but I will raise a glass of Ommegang Abbey Ale in honor of the occasion (that's better than champagne anyway 
biggrin.gif
)

Aug 30, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #5,737 of 23,366
Edit: Nevermind. I didn't get the email with the contest pics until about an hour ago. So the M-100 Shadow looks pretty much like a M-80 Shadow but with Crossfade LP-sized cups. I assume this would mean we can expect the look of the Matte Black and White Silver to be similar with the LP2 and White Silver M-80, respectively.

So... Hurricane Isaac, huh?

Aug 31, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #5,739 of 23,366
Oh, that video is pretty interesting and informative. Thanks Tus!

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #5,740 of 23,366
Quote:
You're lucky your Apple Store carries the Amperior. The ones here (Washington, USA) don't, and the RadioShack and Guitar Center stores don't carry any V-MODA products either. I would have liked to see/feel/listen to the M-80 in-person, but I haven't had the opportunity to do so yet. :frowning2:

If you lived nearby, MB, I'd let you listen to my M-80s.

One of the perks of living in NYC is the sheer inclusiveness of certain flagship retail stores.  The Apple Store in SoHo is two stories high and the one on 14th Street has three, one floor of which contains multiple listening stations outfitted with various headphones (around thirty or so, though I didn't actually count them).  Right now, it's a sea of Beats, but you can still find B&W, Sennheiser, Klipsch and HK, with Shures and Grados on display beneath the stations.  I haven't seen V-Moda there since the days of the LPs; a salesperson told me they were off-display because of the number of returns, though I'm not sure why that should pertain to the M-80s.  If any of our Apple Stores carry the M-100 after the official launch, I'll let you know which.

But despite the perks, I'd love to have returned to the Northwest well before 9/11.*

------------------------

*  (Shrieking of which, visit this page on September 11 to read my eyewitness account of events that day which were never reported in the media (shopkeepers closing their doors to desperate people, certain of whom were visibly choking, etc.).  It's only going to be up for that one day.)

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #5,742 of 23,366
I wish Norway would have some resellers for the M100 :/

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #5,743 of 23,366
Val!, after seeing the Morgan Page special delivery video, up on your facebook page, I have to have those shiny forks! Screw Matte forks! I want black glossy cups; with shiny forks; chrome shields, and the headband  of the Matte Black! (not of the Shadow)

******* IT!!!!!!

Edit: On second thought, I think the wing plates color is what makes the shiny forks look awesome, so, wing plates can not be the same color of the forks...and maybe nor of the shields...idk...but definitely forks not the same color of the wing plates. The forks have to be like the ones from Morgan Page. Shiny.

So let's see:

Shiny forks
Glossy black cups
Matte Black headband (was Morgan Page's headband Matte Black? - that headband looks good!)
Wing Plates = ? (definitely not similar to the forks)
Shields = ?

Too much chrome on the Phantom Chrome (wing plates; maybe shields, etc) makes the headphones look tasteless/colorless... compared to Morgan Page's headphone.

So, the wing plates, and shields selection is what is going to make those shiny forks stand out, and make the headphones look awesome!

So the next important step is to select an official wing plate color for the M-100, since it will be not replaceable, that can match with any shield selection, while making the headphone look good.

Val, I'm going to need your feedback on this, because I ordered VTF and I have a feeling it won't be like this!  Thanks!

Edit: I think the only color for the wing plates would have to be black (since it's non-replaceable) assuming the headband and cups are black, of course. (Right?)

So that would leave the selection of the shields...

I think we got a new M-100 contendant!!

Should I cancel my VTF-100 order?!? :p (seriously, though!)

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #5,744 of 23,366

Val!, after seeing the Morgan Page special delivery video, up on your facebook page, I have to have those shiny forks! Screw Matte forks! I want black glossy cups; with shiny forks; chrome shields, and the headband  of the Matte Black! (not of the Shadow)

Trust me, matte is always far superior in the long run for something that needs to be touched on a regular basis.

Glossy things aren't so sexy after they're covered in fingerprints and skin oil (has anyone here ever used an iPad?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back