V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 29, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #5,686 of 23,366
For those that were discussing a few pages back the absence of the white ear pads as an option, those appear to be back, so if you're so inclined you might be able to update your order.

Quote:
OVERALL UPDATE - HUMAN vs MACHINE?
I want to give a comprehensive update on the order status and I'll be accurate this weekend.  I am moving, so I hope you can understand the time and stress I have along with managing an organically growing company.  

I am only human, but I aspire to be a machine.

M-100 DELIVERY ON TIME
Things are looking VERY good overall.  

-V

Hopefully none of my comments were taken to mean I expected more from you Val - I think that as a whole the group understands your primary goal right now is getting the headphones out and we appreciate any little nuggets we get.  As to your comment, I wasn't near as instrumental in the last product launch I went through and I was working 70-80+ hours a week.  I can't fathom taking on a move at the same time!  So, I am leaning towards machine.

Aug 29, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #5,687 of 23,366
Anyone know when is the mass production release date? 
confused_face_2.gif

Aug 29, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #5,688 of 23,366
Anyone know when is the mass production release date? :confused_face_2:

READ THE POST JUST BEFORE YOURS!
That's the most up-to-date info anyone has. Not enough info? Click the link to go back to the quoted post.

:exasperated face:

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #5,689 of 23,366
Quote:
NOVEL VS USEFUL?  V-MODA ONLY THINKS LONG TERM, "NO FUGAZI""
The fact that I haven't released active ANC or Bluetooth models is in alignment why nobody talks about those models in this forum. Let's sort "novel technology" vs. real world use satisfaction and what will get "six star" ratings over 2-3 years.

Agreed.

@Roma I apologize for making it personal, bad day, but I still disagree. NC is crap, and will be for some time, and ONLY Bose has been able to pull it off sort of, Denon, sennheiser etc haven't got it to any decent level. 

The bottom line its a fad, and is detrimental to sound, period. Even expecting V-moda to look into is a large no-no, Only really semi-conductor companies have the resources and expertise to even try.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,691 of 23,366
I just want to see that big set of customized shields - since they can make those any time.

PS: Just got back from a 5 day vacation. I miss anything?

Your life has been enriched by not being here. Most news-worthy things are the possibly increased delays, and Val is moving (out from the concrete fortress??). There was some head-fi titter about active noise canceling headphones, probably stemming from NC microphone attachment and possibly my fault because i posted a video about an Ety headset with mic NC that i liked, but the majority response was tepid. Also, I'm starting to wig out from life things, and I find I have to moderate myself and edit my own abrasive posts.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:25 AM Post #5,693 of 23,366

Link greatly appreciated, I'll have to check it out. However, could you maybe edit your quote of my post? I was a little more... vehement than I'd like to represent myself, and I don't really want to make other people get defensive :/
Thanks again.

PS I hope he still has the fortress, that was pretty cool & reminded me of the community college I started out in.
RE: edits: LOL no your post was fine, I mean what "I" typed in response to the guy asking for a release date (right after someone else posted a quote of Val basically stating "No firm date yet, it's done when it's done) came off as if I was making fun of him, and then you quoted my post before I edited out most of the meanness. It doesn't really matter and I might be being overly sensitive, which is part of the problem in the first place.

PPS The fortress would indeed have the big home pains of much space to keep clean, but if you think about it, dusting and repairs would actually be pretty easy. At first, I thought you had somehow heard what has been frying my nerves: my grandpa hired me to do some graphic design and art for him so I'd have more to show potential employers, but at least half the time is spent on house cleaning & chores. Vacuuming the carpet while wearing business dress & tie elicited some manic laughter from me XD

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #5,694 of 23,366
I have no idea why the atmosphere in this thread is so tense. I suppose it's because the room is filled with very polarized opinions and strong desires, but in perspective it's kind of weird considering what the thread is centered around.

Is it possible that perhaps a moderator could add a post to the start of the thread with confirmed info to avoid generic questions being asked over and over? I'd compile it together into a nice package if it's possible.

Aug 29, 2012 at 11:51 AM Post #5,695 of 23,366
I have no idea why the atmosphere in this thread is so tense.

Is it possible that perhaps a moderator could add a post to the start of the thread with confirmed info to avoid generic questions being asked over and over? I'd compile it together into a nice package if it's possible.

It's not a bad idea, in fact we did pretty much just that already with the second post [Edit: post #3] in the thread. The fact that people still miss that (and/or the post just prior to theirs on the same page) and still ask, may be part of what makes it worse. It does for me. There are also some of us cracking under RL pressures right now, too.

-----
AIDS!
-----

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #5,696 of 23,366

It's not a bad idea, in fact we did pretty much just that already with the second post [Edit: post #3] in the thread. The fact that people still miss that (and/or the post just prior to theirs on the same page) makes it worse.

Well, to be honest, there are a lot of problems with that post.
  1. It's third post on the page, after a very long OP post.
  2. It doesn't look like a recap from a quick scroll down.
  3. It's formatted in an almost unreadable fashion.

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #5,697 of 23,366
I wouldn't say that ANC, in this day and age, is novel by any means, but I am sure it's something that takes a very long time/dedication/money/expertise to conquer and perfect in regards to capability + SQ. In other words, it's a whole different ball game. That said, I'm glad V-MODA is a company that's upfront and focused on SQ and I completely trust that they would never put something out they wouldn't use. In regards to ANC being useful, that's very subjective - it's obviously very useful for people who use trains/planes/buses every day and prefer headphones over IEMs.

@wir3d, no worries. All I was saying is I don't think it's completely impossible that in the future we will be able to have an ANC can with great SQ. At least it's a hope of mine. It would be useful for people like me, who have a train commute every day to work. My Etys do come in handy but I'm primarily a HP person and that's why you'll also see me with M-80s on the train another day.

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #5,698 of 23,366
Quote:
@wir3d, no worries. All I was saying is I don't think it's completely impossible that in the future we will be able to have an ANC can with great SQ. At least it's a hope of mine. It would be useful for people like me, who have a train commute every day to work. 

I'm sure that within the next 2 - 3 years, we'll start seeing headphones with good SQ and good ANC abilities. It;s just that the tech needs to be refined more than it currently is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back