V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #4,821 of 23,366
Yea, I would have liked to see what I ordered. Hopefully it turns out ok. Also, how come adding your own design didnt cost anything extra? I was a little surprised by that.

I feel bad for the people who took advantage of the M100MANIA code. They kinda got screwed, too.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #4,822 of 23,366
You guys can do a google search including the name shield color, that's how I confirmed that ocean blue is the lighter blue of one of Val's girlfriend's headphones, when I found another pic with a shield just like it posted at these forums about 4 months weeks ago, IIRC. . Hah! Exactly 4 weeks ago, 7/16/12, posted by miceblue. Thanks!

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #4,823 of 23,366
Quote:

I feel bad for the people who took advantage of the M100MANIA code. They kinda got screwed, too.

Nonsense, I love my multitude of shields. The more the merrier.

Yea, I would have liked to see what I ordered. Hopefully it turns out ok. Also, how come adding your own design didnt cost anything extra? I was a little surprised by that.

Normally for the LP customs you'd get a representation of what you're buying, but I'm supposing that they're still in the process of procuring phenomenal photos for marketing. But they haven't implemented it with the M80's either, so perhaps they haven't worked out all the details for that part of the website yet.

In any case, the shields are on the house as a PPU bonus. Not sure if it'll stay there for the MPU's though

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:13 AM Post #4,824 of 23,366
Quote:
Thinking about placing an order. How long do you guys suspect it will between the PPU's and when it's actually up for order on V-Moda/Amazon?

No way to know when they will sell out.  If you want the M-100 sooner rather than later, you should order.  If you feel more comfortable waiting for reviews, it could be weeks before the MPUs are on Amazon.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #4,825 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey guys. What would be the difference in ordering this VTF-100 now and the m100 later on? What would be the difference in prices, accesories you get and signatures? Also will the official m100 be changed in sound for the better? As much as I want these I want the best product possible so I'm so confused.

$10 more for PPU but much better value with possible signatures, test accessories and does come with second set of custom shields, plus get them sooner.  NO difference in sound.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #4,826 of 23,366
Quote:
$10 more for PPU but much better value with possible signatures, test accessories and does come with second set of custom shields, plus get them sooner.  NO difference in sound.

Right on. This is basically the backstage pass that top reviewers get (even though we have to pay for it, but still). Some sort of secret change to the matte black edition compared to matte black on the LP's, three cables, one of which is this "SharePlay" feature to share with other people but nobody really knows what that means (maybe split? who knows), free set of custom shields (which are $45 a set otherwise, and they're barely making a profit off of the process to begin with), and Val signing something along the way. If it's the headphones and he uses a sharpie, in retrospect perhaps matte black was not the best option xD

But in terms of sound, yes, there shouldn't be any difference in sound, even moreso than the MPU's, as these ones are the ones tested by Val and his team.

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #4,828 of 23,366
Quote:
Right on. This is basically the backstage pass that top reviewers get (even though we have to pay for it, but still). Some sort of secret change to the matte black edition compared to matte black on the LP's, three cables, one of which is this "SharePlay" feature to share with other people but nobody really knows what that means (maybe split? who knows), free set of custom shields (which are $45 a set otherwise, and they're barely making a profit off of the process to begin with), and Val signing something along the way. If it's the headphones and he uses a sharpie, in retrospect perhaps matte black was not the best option xD

But in terms of sound, yes, there shouldn't be any difference in sound, even moreso than the MPU's, as these ones are the ones tested by Val and his tea

Silver Sharpie :D 

Aug 17, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #4,829 of 23,366
Quote:

Test accessories?  They come with all the same stuff the production model does (no more, no less).  

Hey guys. What would be the difference in ordering this VTF-100 now and the m100 later on? What would be the difference in prices, accesories you get and signatures? Also will the official m100 be changed in sound for the better? As much as I want these I want the best product possible so I'm so confused.

The 10 dollar premium you're paying for is going to basically be the custom shields and getting them sooner.  The drivers and fit will be tuned to be the same as the production model as well.  All physical aspects of the headphones will be the same as the production model.  

Sounds like a sweet deal right?  For the most part, it really is.  You do have to note that this isn't technically a first batch, it's a pre-first batch (batch 0).  That said, this batch is the set that will have any flaws in it if they exist.  Most of the time, this batch runs perfectly and has no flaws in the design, build, etc.  However, once in a blue moon, you'll find that the first few batches may have some bugs in them that cause problems down the line (couldn't be tested for).  This is extremely rare, but does happen.  If it does, since you paid, you should have a warranty that would be honored.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back