V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #4,681 of 23,366
Quote:

Confirming this.  However, I don't know if it was originally just a mis-listing or, in fact, the PPUs.  Whatever it is it is.

Whatever it is, we still have the Awaiting Fulfillment status so we can cancel. If it isn't the PPUs, I'm sure the excellent support can take care of it.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #4,682 of 23,366
Quote:

Black.  The options are for the extras and the Shadow finish does indeed come with the brushed by default.

Thanks! I did explain in the optional field, just so they know what I was doing and why.

My reaction when I read this: "Ships in 45-60 days
(This product is available for pre-order only)"

"Aaah!"
XD

It ain't so bad, since I'm hoping I like the successor for the J3 (Cowon) coming up around the same time. (I think)

RPGWiZaRD's comment couldn't have come up at a better time! and I was off today! The luck.

Somebody knows BRSxIgnition's number? s/he gonna hate if s/he misses out. XD

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #4,684 of 23,366
So you're saying it's probably the PPUs?

I would say so since they are $310 which is what Val said the PPU's would cost and also he said he would set up some sort of preordering for them. Also I don't think they would have called it VTF-100 if it was just a preorder for the MPU's since he did say in one post they might be called that.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #4,685 of 23,366
Hm...
Quote:
Unfortunately one or more items in your cart can't be shipped to your location. Please choose a different delivery address.

I live within the 48 inner states of the US. o.0

EDIT: Never mind, I manually put in my address, instead of the one I had stored earlier (even though it is the same one), and now it works.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #4,686 of 23,366
I wonder.. Would they include special wing plate kit for the second pair of shields? I'm thinking the sun orange would look mighty dapper on the matte black.. but only if the wings of the same color were present to complete the image

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #4,687 of 23,366
Quote:
VTF-100 pretty much solidifies it as the preorder branding, and I'd imagine that the 45-60 days is just an exaggeration because they're not completely sure when they're going to ship it yet. But I'd be surprised if it really took them 45-60 days to ship them.
In all likelihood, yes. If not, You're spending $310 on the M-100's regular edition (same price), which is still the same end result, no?

That or we're all being conned and Val is the greatest conman of all time.

Yeah, I'm not too worried about it. Worst that could happen is I have to wait a little longer. It's always possible to cancel an order as well.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #4,688 of 23,366
Quote:
I wonder.. Would they include special wing plate kit for the second pair of shields? I'm thinking the sun orange would look mighty dapper on the matte black.. but only if the wings of the same color were present to complete the image

I don't think you can change out the wing plates on the M-100s. There aren't any screws like there are on the LP's, LP2s.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #4,689 of 23,366
Quote:

Possible, seeing as the shield kits still contain the wing kits, and if they're separate from the M-100's they might end up being shipped as well, although you can't use them on the M-100's

Anyway, to quell fears about the preordering stuff, here's what I got for my order status for the curious, and I ordered before it was remarked as "preorder"

1 x VTF-100 
(1. Base Color: Matte Black, 2. Shield Color: Brushed Black Metal, 3. Ear Pad Color: Black, 5a. Your Design: Yes, 5a. Your Arwork: shield-hun.psd)(This product is available for pre-order only)

So you can see here that even before the remarking, it's still stated that "This troduct is available for pre-order only"

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #4,691 of 23,366
Quote:
Whatever it is, we still have the Awaiting Fulfillment status so we can cancel. If it isn't the PPUs, I'm sure the excellent support can take care of it.

This is good info for those on the fence.  If canceling is a possibility, you may as well reserve your place in line.  Notable: my PayPal was charged immediately, so it looks like allocation of funds is still a requirement.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4,693 of 23,366
Quote:

I don't think you can change out the wing plates on the M-100s. There aren't any screws like there are on the LP's, LP2s.

Drill yer' own holes! 
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:20 PM Post #4,694 of 23,366
Quote:

On the M80's there are screws on the back, maybe those are the ones u loosen if u want to change them? 
Haven't done this so I don't know but just a thought.

Aug 16, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #4,695 of 23,366
Quote:
On the M80's there are screws on the back, maybe those are the ones u loosen if u want to change them? 
Haven't done this so I don't know but just a thought.

From what I can gather, those three screws hold the entire two-piece assembly in place. 

ref: Innerfidelity M/V-80 review; teardown

Users who are viewing this thread

Back