V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 29, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #3,872 of 23,366
Quote:
Agreed, we can't use V all the time or it'll get way too old.  Not going to drive down that "i way". 

Remix, Faders, M-100, Crossfade, etc is a perfect example of our awareness.

Rocky Mountain Audio Festival Denver, we'll have M-100s!
We'll have M-100s at RMAF, so make your arrangements now if you can.  I can't wait, last year was a blast.

The RMAF is October 12th.  I hope I have them on my ears before then!

Also, in one of the pictures you posted last week of the shelves of M-100 boxes, there were some blue shields that looked to be an amazing new shade.  Is this a new color for the M-100 launch?

Jul 30, 2012 at 3:41 AM Post #3,875 of 23,366
Quote:
Primus Inter Pares ("first among equals", phrase used to indicate something that is formally equal to its peers but looked upon as having special importance-obviously fitting considering the M-100 PPU are technically equal to the production models but have special importance since they are first and limited)

+ 1

I liked all your suggestions, but this one the most and the most out of all so far.  ("Primus" for short).

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #3,880 of 23,366
Originally Posted by valkolton 

It's funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing today.  The prices of M-100 is due to the new driver that has more tech than M-80s, and more features.  

The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80.  What to do?!  Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S?  Or go for diff sound signature.  I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!

If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.
-v

Is this statement still valid? Im only using a Fiio e11 right now, planning to buy the E17. Would they do?

Jul 31, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #3,881 of 23,366
Quote:

It's funny you mention this, I was thinking the same thing today.  The prices of M-100 is due to the new driver that has more tech than M-80s, and more features.  

The only problem now is that the bigger driver requires an amp to surpass M-80, unamped it's SQ is < M-80.  What to do?!  Lock or try again w a new driver that can beat M-80 with an iPhone 4S?  Or go for diff sound signature.  I'm stuck in my head analyzing what will make the greater sound for the greatest amount of people, it depends who is buying it!

If anybody wants to test I can organize something soon in LA to get feedback and then I can lock.
-v

Is this statement still valid? Im only using a Fiio e11 right now, planning to buy the E17. Would they do?

no M100 >= M80 unamped, but M100 > M80 amped.

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #3,882 of 23,366
That statement was made in January, just saying, it's been significantly improved since. If my memory serves me right it wasn't until like aprox a month ago the "final" sound characteristics were locked down or so and Val himself and AnakChan seemed quite pleased with that latest version. :)

Jul 31, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #3,883 of 23,366
Quote:

-v

At the moment this all seems a bit presumptious, as the only one who's had any impressions is Anakchan, and I don't think he's specified how he was listening to his music. All we know is, from that experience, it's "Dynamite"

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #3,884 of 23,366
If these are a step down from the M-80's unamped, I don't want them. If they need me to haul around an amp just to be as good sounding as a more portable set of cans, something's wrong; they're not considered "portable headphones" at that point, IMO.

Jul 31, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #3,885 of 23,366
Quote:
If these are a step down from the M-80's unamped, I don't want them. If they need me to haul around an amp just to be as good sounding as a more portable set of cans, something's wrong; they're not considered "portable headphones" at that point, IMO.

Yeah. But the big thing is that I'm not sure that a larger driver necessitates an amp. They should sound fine without an amp, especially when fullsize cans such as the M50's and, well, the LP's pull it off.

Users who are viewing this thread

• domi
Back