V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 26, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #3,692 of 23,366
I couldn't resist testing this small color tweak again on the pic Val posted, check this side by side comparision to make up your mind easier:

I would just love to have a dark red/brownish (well similar color as the "V" on the headband) frames with a glossy finish. Would make it slightly more luxurious looking IMO.

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #3,693 of 23,366
>sees brushed metal

well I'm pretty dead set now haha. I hope VMODA support is nice enough to let me engrave the brushed metal shields

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #3,694 of 23,366
M-100 RETAIL QUAGMIRE
Since we'll be launching in USA on V-MODA.com and Amazon, we are going to offer the following:

1) 60-day guarantee + ULTRA easy return if not satisfied 
2) extras on V-MODA.com (customs)
3) Prime Shipping options on Amazon.com

Since we'll have no retail stores at the moment in USA selling M-100, can you think of a way for users to allow users to try them out locally?  This may be our best "local user experience"

Any other ideas welcome.  Obviously, V-MODA is working on our OWN stores now in LA, NYC, LV and in China/HK.  But, until they are completed I want the best of both worlds.

I may announce a few retailers in the future, but as you can see we are focused on agility of 1-day customization and 100% satisfaction.

Maybe group meets, loaners, etc...

EDIT:
I actually ENCOURAGE those who are on the borderline to buy M-100 from V-MODA.com and if you don't like them, return them.  We have seen less than 5% returns so we are very confident this is a product you'll love.  And if not, we can refurbish and sell to those who couldn't afford at full price so it is a win-win!

-v

I buy everything off of amazon THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #3,696 of 23,366
I've been following this for weeks! I'm starting to break a sweat...
gs1000.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #3,697 of 23,366
Sponsor a local event (ie. sports, concerts, raceway) and have a good dj there, or team with the top radio station at events they are covering. If there is a local young celebrity, like a big biker/skater/actor/etc, get them to show up and endorse. The mall was a good idea too.
Quote:
M-100 RETAIL QUAGMIRE
Since we'll be launching in USA on V-MODA.com and Amazon, we are going to offer the following:

Since we'll have no retail stores at the moment in USA selling M-100, can you think of a way for users to allow users to try them out locally?  This may be our best "local user experience"

Any other ideas welcome.  Obviously, V-MODA is working on our OWN stores now in LA, NYC, LV and in China/HK.  But, until they are completed I want the best of both worlds.

Jul 26, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #3,698 of 23,366
As for a name, how about the Volant. Using most of the letters of Valkolton
vo·lant  (v
omacr.gif
prime.gif
l
schwa.gif
nt)
adj. 1. Flying or capable of flying.
2. Moving quickly or nimbly; agile.
3. Heraldry Depicted with the wings extended as in flying

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #3,699 of 23,366
Quote:
M-100 RETAIL QUAGMIRE

I may announce a few retailers in the future, but as you can see we are focused on agility of 1-day customization and 100% satisfaction.

Maybe group meets, loaners, etc...

EDIT:
I actually ENCOURAGE those who are on the borderline to buy M-100 from V-MODA.com and if you don't like them, return them.  We have seen less than 5% returns so we are very confident this is a product you'll love.  And if not, we can refurbish and sell to those who couldn't afford at full price so it is a win-win!

-v

Well.. time to stop lurking.

Val I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work, but also hope you guys don't forget the Canadian neighbors in the great white north when looking at doing retail V-moda stores... mind you I would imagine it'll take a while to do just nationally for you, but just a thought anyway.

Also to be honest I actually am one of those guys who's kind of on the fence about getting the M-100's since I've been happy with my AKG's for years... that said I've been lurking here for a while and recently almost daily thinking about these M-100s... I think I'm probably going to jump in line once they go up for sale...

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #3,701 of 23,366
Val,

I like the sound of Signature Series.  I think all of the other names are too...corny and childish.  Thats just my own opinion.  I wouldn't exactly want to a buy a $300 headphone called the Valkyrie.  Instead, the M-100 Signature Series sounds like an actual high end headphone.

Also, one retailer I would suggest would be Best Buy.  I can imagine it would be a little hard since they have huge hard-ons for Monster Beats and Skullcandy.  In fact, I actually like their naming schemes, they sound simple and cool (ie Beats Solo, Aviators, etc).  They are successful because they are prominently displayed in Bestbuy stores.  Another option that I would highly recommend would be advertising (see Bose) in magazines, etc.

I hope all is going well for you and your company.

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #3,703 of 23,366
A big THANK YOU to Val with all the updates!! I love that refurb idea as well - that's pretty cool and thoughtful for anyone who can't afford the M-100 at full retail.

I like M-100 Signature Series (not M-100 SS however as I thought of the 'Third Reich' as well when I read that lol). However I am not sure if you will have issues with Ultrasone over this. It's possible.

Other ideas:
M-100 Exclusive
M-100 Exlusive Collection
M-100 VvV Signature Collection

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3,704 of 23,366
Quote:
A big THANK YOU to Val with all the updates!! I love that refurb idea as well - that's pretty cool and thoughtful for anyone who can't afford the M-100 at full retail.
I like M-100 Signature Series (not M-100 SS however as I thought of the 'Third Reich' as well when I read that lol). However I am not sure if you will have issues with Ultrasone over this. It's possible.
Other ideas:
M-100 Exclusive
M-100 Exlusive Collection
M-100 VvV Signature Collection

I agree signature series is the one,my first clan that i were in on battlefield3 was called shock storm troopers which i were kicked from that had the dreaded letters ss..

Jul 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #3,705 of 23,366
yeah... interestingly huge companies will spend billions on marketing/branding to come up with a name that tests well with focus groups, is well received on the market across a range of demographics and therefore sells a large number of units.  Mostly because of head shrinkers.  But they're still delivering a substandard product.

I mean I suppose in the end its really about what kind of image Val wants to put across to the company with the names... young/old demographic etc... but of course in the end the name is all about the connotation... Signature Series makes me think of a stodgey old dude listening to classics... which could be a good image.  Also sounds a bit more professional.

Just depends what he's going for...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back