V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #3,301 of 23,366
Quote:
I'll try problem though, there are chrome bits so it might be a challenge but it's possible.
Here's how I portray a Gunmetal M-100

Note that I wanted the top part to be matte brushed aluminium but because it's glossy, it looks a bit like chrome.

That is a freakin awesome rendition of gunmetal style. Good God I hope black matte metal comes out looking anything like this!

Jul 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #3,302 of 23,366
I have a new idea for a color..

RAINBOW.

But seriously - I think we should just wait for more news or PPU's, because other than packaging and accessory recommendations - we're running out of things to say, and way too excited to get these things in our hands.

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #3,305 of 23,366
Since so many are on a teal and white kick, I will continue to make the case for rose gold shields to go with the black/shadow.  I am over 40 and would look silly with white and teal, but the rose gold/black is probably more age appropriate.  Of course, all of this fashion stuff goes out the window if the sound isn't stellar.  With all the hype, I'm expecting them to sound as good as Audeze LC-3's for 1/7th the price.  I think that is how high the bar has been set in this forum.

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #3,306 of 23,366
Quote:
Since so many are on a teal and white kick, I will continue to make the case for rose gold shields to go with the black/shadow.  I am over 40 and would look silly with white and teal, but the rose gold/black is probably more age appropriate.  Of course, all of this fashion stuff goes out the window if the sound isn't stellar.  With all the hype, I'm expecting them to sound as good as Audeze LC-3's for 1/7th the price.  I think that is how high the bar has been set in this forum.

Wouldn't the gold clash with the red on black/shadow? I think gold would work better with matte black.

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #3,307 of 23,366
Quote:

This sounds sick!  I only made the teal because I felt people were putting too much teal into the renders :p  So I made my own :p  I would prefer either a shadow, black and brushed metal, or glossy black shields and matted black body.  Again, that's just me.  The rose gold wouldn't do it for me, but would look sick.  I think you set your expectations a little too high :p

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #3,308 of 23,366
I couldn't find any pictures or anything about it otherwise, so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know if you can get an image engraved on a white shield? Usually you send V-Moda a black image on a white background, and they reverse the colors in the engraving process. What I wanna know is if you can get a black image on a white shield.

Anyone?

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #3,309 of 23,366
Quote:
I couldn't find any pictures or anything about it otherwise, so I'll ask here.

Does anyone know if you can get an image engraved on a white shield? Usually you send V-Moda a black image on a white background, and they reverse the colors in the engraving process. What I wanna know is if you can get a black image on a white shield.

Anyone?

(Yes, I realize I said I would leave the thread, but I want to help out a bit)

Anyway - they don't have any "white" shields, but for their brightest shield, Chrome, they seem to engrave it as a gray-ish black color, shown here: 

You most likely don't need to invert the image though - they will be able to do that for you if you don't know how. Hell - it might not even be needed, depending on how the machine works. Hope this helps.

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #3,310 of 23,366
Quote:
(Yes, I realize I said I would leave the thread, but I want to help out a bit)

Anyway - they don't have any "white" shields, but for their brightest shield, Chrome, they seem to engrave it as a gray-ish black color, shown here: 

You most likely don't need to invert the image though - they will be able to do that for you if you don't know how. Hell - it might not even be needed, depending on how the machine works. Hope this helps.

Interestingly enough, they state that they do not do engravings on chrome shields. Ah well. Maybe I'll do red or something instead.

Thanks anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back