V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #3,226 of 23,366
Guys, the three colors are now "MATTE BLACK METAL", "SHADOW (BLACK/RED" and "WHITE SILVER". 

What do you think about phantom chrome LP though?

I'm having a hard time deciding final colors and launch sequence, its tough!!!...  I wish I could launch 5 again like LP, but it creates supply chain nightmares.

-v 

PS

unrelated but a MUST read article in "PROFILE MAGAZINE", a business magazine about me and V-MODA.  It talks a lot about my roots and philosophy in every product.

http://profilemagazine.com/2012/v-moda/

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #3,227 of 23,366
Quote:
Guys, the three colors are now "MATTE BLACK METAL", "SHADOW (BLACK/RED" and "WHITE SILVER". 

I'm having a hard time deciding final colors and launch sequence, its tough!!!...  I wish I could launch 5 again like LP, but it creates supply chain nightmares.

-v 

I honestly don't think people like the "phantom chrome" color scheme - judging from people's responses to them, as well as my own thoughts. The black is nice, but chrome in general looks too cheap and flashy - it takes away from the class/professionalism of the headphones.

I like the other choices, but to make it match - and people are going to hate me for this - I think you should go with your existing 3 colors, and add a white/blue version, which uses this blue for the shield color.

This would bring the selection to..
  1. A base black version - Matte Black.
  2. A color black version -  Shadow (Black/Red).
  3. A base white version - White/Silver.
  4. ... And finally a color white version - White/Blue.

Once again - these are my thoughts, but I hope you take them into consideration; t=This way, I think the colors would be balanced - don't you?

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #3,228 of 23,366
Quote:

-v 

PS

unrelated but a MUST read article in "PROFILE MAGAZINE", a business magazine about me and V-MODA.  It talks a lot about my roots and philosophy in every product.

I knew those would be the first three colors released. If I can ask for one more color though I would have to go with the Dark Grey, can we get a pic of the Dark Grey M-100's? Also, I think the phantom chrome looks a little outdated, the new colors you released since then have just been so much better.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #3,229 of 23,366

-v 

PS

Well I know a ton of people looking forward to white and blue or white and real but if not what you are doin right now is great!!! Hope everything turns out right Val! About the phantom chrome you should take black red out because that's the original color for v moda isn't it ?

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #3,230 of 23,366
Quote:

I honestly don't think people like the "phantom chrome" color scheme - judging from people's responses to them, as well as my own thoughts. The black is nice, but chrome in general looks too cheap and flashy - it takes away from the class/professionalism of the headphones.

I like the other choices, but to make it match - and people are going to hate me for this - I think you should go with your existing 3 colors, and add a white/blue version, which uses this blue for the shield color.

Once again - these are my thoughts, but I hope you take them into consideration; t=This way, I think the colors would be balanced - don't you?

Why have two white versions? The next base version should be grey. It also makes since, black+white=grey.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #3,231 of 23,366
Those 3 colors definitely have the widest appeal. Phantom chrome seems to me like it would also have decent general appeal (though not to me personally), though less than the other 3 colors. I would base the decision to include phantom chrome on how the phantom chrome LPs sell compared to its other colors. Matte black metal, shadow, and white silver are a solid lineup though. The fact that I would have a very hard time choosing among those lends evidence to that. Certainly a good enough lineup for launch, and if demand is high enough for it then other colors could be released for us selfish people who want to see our own weird combos implemented lol.

Edit: guys, I know it can be hard to do this, but we need to try to keep our personal tastes out of this as much as possible. If we all say "I like those 3, but can you also add in X combo?" then we're really just advocating for ourselves and not trying to help with what will have general appeal. If you personally would like grey+red lettering+blue stitching+orange shields, that's great. But try to focus on what color schemes generally have worked on V-Moda headphones and headphones in general. It's fair game to suggest your own scheme, but I'm just saying this before we get the flood of "I want X". For example, I would personally love white+red, but I avoided saying that because, I dunno, maybe I'm the only person who would like that? Compared to how white, shadow, and matte black are all proven to be popular on mass scales.

Jul 13, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #3,233 of 23,366
Quote:
Why have two white versions? The next base version should be grey. It also makes since, black+white=grey.

Well, there's already two black versions. Matte black and black + red... So why not have a normal white, and a white + blue?

It makes more sense that way - at least in my eyes. Gray isn't that appealing of a color anyway, have you ever seen any serious tech gadgets use a gray-based color scheme? Not many that I can think of..
Edit: guys, I know it can be hard to do this, but we need to try to keep our personal tastes out of this as much as possible. If we all say "I like those 3, but can you also add in X combo?" then we're really just advocating for ourselves and not trying to help with what will have general appeal. If you personally would like grey+red lettering+blue stitching+orange shields, that's great. But try to focus on what color schemes generally have worked on V-Moda headphones and headphones in general. It's fair game to suggest your own scheme, but I'm just saying this before we get the flood of "I want X". For example, I would personally love white+red, but I avoided saying that because, I dunno, maybe I'm the only person who would like that? Compared to how white, shadow, and matte black are all proven to be popular on mass scales.

Once again - he asked for our opinions. If we make our opinions known, and people agree to them, then he will investigate them further. Are we just supposed to wait for release when this is an "open-sourced" headphone? He's asking for opinions, and responds to what we suggest. We're not supposed to just go quiet.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #3,234 of 23,366
we'll do base colors so you can add shields.  so the white you can add colors, so don't worry.  I think the formula is right.

I guess my question should be more like, who likes Phantom Chrome?  

PP STATUS
still looking like end July... stay tuned! I'll take some pics soon...  

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #3,235 of 23,366
EDIT: Derp, Val posted while I was posting.

ANYWAY.

I personally really really like the Phantom Chrome scheme and think it should be brought over to the M-100. Unless, of course, sales for Phantom Chrome LP's have been bad; then I would opt for more favorable colors than to have V-Moda lose money.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #3,236 of 23,366
Quote:
we'll do base colors so you can add shields.  so the white you can add colors, so don't worry.  I think the formula is right.

PP STATUS

Shadow Black. Where sound meets style.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #3,237 of 23,366
Quote:
I personally really really like the Phantom Chrome scheme and think it should be brought over to the M-100. Unless, of course, sales for Phantom Chrome LP's have been bad; then I would opt for more favorable colors than to have V-Moda lose money.

Yeah - I know I know, I never said the word "teal" once though in that last post.. I just think that having two opposing color combos works well. It could be any shade of blue, but having black vs. white, and red vs. blue, would work well - any combo of opposing colors would, really.

But personally - Phantom Chrome doesn't strike me as a color I'd want to get, the others just look more unified and clean, where as the Phantom Chrome color seems to want to go for flash. Not bad, for those that want it - but I don't see the appeal I guess.

I think the default shield color for white should be Gunmetal though - silver would be more reflective, right? It depends on the feeling you want to get from them I guess.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM Post #3,238 of 23,366

PP STATUS

Sorry forgot about customizable shields.. About the phantom chromed would you add that along to make it 4 or replace it and also I think they are very very good and necessary I love them a lot

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #3,239 of 23,366
Quote:

I heartily agree with this. Black and coloured black (red/black) options are available. I'm a fan of the coloured black.

White is also a nice flashy alternative, but I think a coloured white would be more desirable for some. As I said in my previous post about available "Ear Shield" colours, a blue-ish option would be nice since it's not currently available for order on the online form.

Jul 13, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #3,240 of 23,366
Quote:
Once again - he asked for our opinions. If we make our opinions known, and people agree to them, then he will investigate them further. Are we just supposed to wait for release when this is an "open-sourced" headphone? He's asking for opinions, and responds to what we suggest. We're not supposed to just go quiet.

Thank you for explaining that to him.
Quote:

PP STATUS

I seriously don't think you should do Phantom Chrome for the M-100's but if you want you should. IMO Gunmetal looks way better and less cheap anyway. I mean think about it, if the average person holds an M-100 box in their hands and sees that $300 price tag and then takes a look at the cheapish looking Phantom Chrome, the correlation between the two may be bad for business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back