V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #3,196 of 23,366
Quote:
OK.

TEAL SHIELD TEAL SHIELD CAN I GET A TEAL SHIELD? YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD LOOK GREAT? WHITE HEADPHONES, BUT WITH A TEAL SHIELD. OR BLACK HEADPHONES BUT WITH A TEAL SHIELD. JUST SO YOU KNOW, THE TEAL IS R:1 B:151 G: 121 OK? JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THAT I CAN SAY IT AGAIN. TEAL SHIELD. NOT BLUE, NOT GREEN. NOT EVEN TURQUOISE. TEAL, PLEASE. VAL. HEY VAL. TEAL. LET'S CALL THEM "SHEALDS" BECAUSE IT'S LIKE TEAL.

lol, you forgot to bold it, make it red, and underline. throw in italics while you're at it

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #3,197 of 23,366
Quote:
bigger text equal moer funzies
That being said. My vote is for matte black and black eel covers.

I think the problem here is that people are thinking far too small.  We need to think Bigger. and not just in fonts.  What happened to truly taking things to the next level?  Why can't we have a carrying case made from the skins of clubbed baby seals?  Why not shields made from polished rhinoceros horns?  More importantly, why are the mechanical points (such as the sliders for adjusting size and the hinges) not lubricated with angel tears?  This headphone is most likely going to kick serious ass, and it will be a sad day if it fails to live up to its full potential because we lacked the vision to suggest these critical things to Val in the first Open Freakin' Source Headphone!

/sarcasm

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #3,198 of 23,366
I'm making a list of the people that need help around here.

halo7023.jpg

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:22 PM Post #3,200 of 23,366
I'm kinda of embarrassed to be a part of this thread now.

I suppose what's going to happen is that BRS Ignition is going to get angry that several people are passive-aggresively teasing him for his (admittedly) annoying use of fonts and colors and wham bam boom. Someone will say 'Stay on topic' but no one will listen until two pages later when Val drops another update and everyone is ok again.

My input:

BRS Ignition: No one uses bold or colors in essays, especially if it's a college paper or something. Italics and underline, yes. Not bold and colors. You don't have to pretend you're not trying to get Val's attention. We're ok with that, as long as you're not smug and cocky about it.

Everyone else: Don't be monumental dicks. That's about all I got there.

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #3,202 of 23,366
Quote:
This thread's like a weird teen headphone drama on the CW network. 
tongue.gif

Looking back, I stopped watching that channel when they changed it to "The CW".... "CW" somehow seemed more pretentious and ludicrous than "WB".

On a more related note, we are a bored and impatient lot.  We wants our precious, and we wants it now!

Even if the M-100 isn't going to be here today, tomorrow,, or next week... We really need to hear some good and exciting news/hype from Val to keep things here in focus.  We're jonesin' and we need our fix soon.

Wow, I suddenly feel guilty for the women I never called back over the years.

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #3,203 of 23,366
Quote:

Sorry but the threads getting a bit like this! p.s the you tube video up the tops the one i mean..

Oh you mean the www.myspace.com/beatsbynonsense watermark on the video? *sarcasm*

But yeah, seriously this thread is getting way out of hand. Every other post seems to be along the lines of: "I WANT THIS, I want that, no this looks better, no that looks better, X you should do this, no X you should do that, X when are these going to be out?, I want dibs on Y".

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #3,204 of 23,366
Uhmm.. Can't the posts here and there which are (No doubt %100) off- topic, be deleted? It would certainly clean up the thread and Allow for those who have fresh eyes on the thread to see the POSITIVE development made towards the V- Moda M-100's... yeah, remember those things?? The headphones? I liked it when we talked about those :frowning2:  Not Paris Hilton, or watches, or LARGE BOLD fonts. Nor is it a "WANT" thread anymore, guys! The final thins (mostly) have been considered and decided upon! :D. (I would love if my post was the first to get deleted, please!)

*No hate to ANYONE in this thread! You are all fantastic! Let's just not write down anything unless it's super cool information, or we have something that we REALLY want to share with everybody! :D Cool, Clean, Collected threads = Win

I hate to say this: [It might matter to some people (chances are it will *sigh*) on my right to say anything like this, on the thought that I'm a "Newcomer" to this thread, but I've been reading this thread since page 15 and have read every single Two Hundred and Fourteen pages of this thread and have contributed my thoughts multiple times early on in the thread- receiving feedback from Val and all. Albeit I haven't contributed a fraction as much as others, I have been here for quite the time :3

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #3,205 of 23,366
I honestly couldn't wait to get back from work to see the crap-storm of jokes and quips being made of formatting posts. I couldn't stop laughing. 
biggrin.gif

Anyway, I made - and keep making - the suggestion for Teal shields, because it's not a massive thing to implement, especially down the road. They already have a color similar enough to Teal for me, so I will most likely get that anyway when it comes back into stock. 

Also, they added the Matte black LP2's a while after the LP1/2's, so why not add a matte M-100 down the line as well? Like val said:

THE IDEAS OF COLORS OF PROD + ACCESSORIES HELPS ME SIGNIFICANTLY.  WHAT DO YOU THINK OF PHANTOM CHROME BTW?

Oh - whadd'ya know, it's bold.

Anyway, let's keep this thread on the M-100 - I don't see why so many people like derailing it...

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #3,206 of 23,366
Quote:
He (I'm guessing based on the avatar) is asking for embroidered fake suede shields.... Were Val to go that route, especially if he takes Largemouth Bass' cue for the speculum/petri dish/pineapple dance... He just might be a popular icon for the Folsom Street Fair next year.  I would dig solid wood (or even solid wood center, with a metal frame) or composite fiber... I like the idea of the contrasting materials (wood is considered a bit on the "older" side, when thinking of materials), and also the idea of staying modern with composite fiber (there are some good laminates out there that supposedly look very much like the real thing, to keep costs down)..

Oh okay, that doesn't sound like a very good idea though.
Quote:
OK.

TEAL SHIELD TEAL SHIELD CAN I GET A TEAL SHIELD? YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD LOOK GREAT? WHITE HEADPHONES, BUT WITH A TEAL SHIELD. OR BLACK HEADPHONES BUT WITH A TEAL SHIELD. JUST SO YOU KNOW, THE TEAL IS R:1 B:151 G: 121 OK? JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THAT I CAN SAY IT AGAIN. TEAL SHIELD. NOT BLUE, NOT GREEN. NOT EVEN TURQUOISE. TEAL, PLEASE. VAL. HEY VAL. TEAL. LET'S CALL THEM "SHEALDS" BECAUSE IT'S LIKE TEAL.

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #3,207 of 23,366
Derp moar, guise. Derp moar. HURR DURR.

anyway, I think maintaining the size of the box is more for comparison reasons than appeal (although the latter is important too). since the lp's boxes are gigantic, you don't want to give off the impression of a lesser package for more bucks with a smaller box. If they are sold at the same place, people will be confused with their initial reaction and that will affect sales to a certain degree. These little details might not sound like much, but if I learned anything from listening to business presentations, it'll have a big impact in the long run.

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #3,210 of 23,366
Quote:
Uhmm.. Can't the posts here and there which are (No doubt %100) off- topic, be deleted? It would certainly clean up the thread and Allow for those who have fresh eyes on the thread to see the POSITIVE development made towards the V- Moda M-100's... yeah, remember those things?? The headphones? I liked it when we talked about those :frowning2:  Not Paris Hilton, or watches, or LARGE BOLD fonts. Nor is it a "WANT" thread anymore, guys! The final thins (mostly) have been considered and decided upon! :D. (I would love if my post was the first to get deleted, please!)

*No hate to ANYONE in this thread! You are all fantastic! Let's just not write down anything unless it's super cool information, or we have something that we REALLY want to share with everybody! :D Cool, Clean, Collected threads = Win

I hate to say this: [It might matter to some people (chances are it will *sigh*) on my right to say anything like this, on the thought that I'm a "Newcomer" to this thread, but I've been reading this thread since page 15 and have read every single Two Hundred and Fourteen pages of this thread and have contributed my thoughts multiple times early on in the thread- receiving feedback from Val and all. Albeit I haven't contributed a fraction as much as others, I have been here for quite the time :3

Because then the thread would only be about 3 pages long, and then years down the road when someone reviews this thread for posterity, they will lose the feeling of heightened anxiety/tension that built up over the months leading up to the final release of the M-100.  Chopping this thread down like that, would be like scrapping a full length movie, in order to just retain enough material to make a trailer.  Seriously, this thread (in addition to useful information) has had comedy, drama, dancing,. fashion, sexual innuendo, bodily fluids... If you want to get into what's kept Val from keeping us in the loop as much as we would like, it's even touched on romance.  You can't even get that much spending $15 for a seat at the movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back