V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM Post #2,776 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm fairly certain it hasn't been posted yet, but I'm going to ask anyway just in case I missed it.  Do we have a comparison in terms of sound between the M80 and the M100?  I understand they physical differences between the two, but am curious about the sound.

Is the M100 going to have a similar but more refined sound than the M80, or is it going to have it's own unique sound characteristic?  I really like the M80 overall, but would love a version with just a bit more top end energy and I'm wondering if this is it or if we're looking at a total different sound here.

The M-100 will have more bass (punch, extention, quality) - this is the only measured frequency we've gotten from Val. We are looking at a similar sound, but much improved from what we've heard. 

Jul 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #2,778 of 23,366
Quote:
I believe there was also mention of a better treble extension, or something of the sort.

True, this and the bass is the only thing that has been mentioned about the sound. However as I interpreted it it was mostly the very upper-high end that was extended and was measured to be very flat even past our hearing range. Anyway that's usually a good indicator of the driver quality itself too. :)

He has also specificly mentioned V-Moda is very allergic about the typical spiky 8~10kHz or so area that most manufacturers do and mentioned he wants to avoid causing hearing loss to the youth especially cuz of this so you can expect a rather "flat" highrange without spikes or any obvious emphasis but yea would be nice if it had at least very slightly elevated highrange versus M80, now talking even only 1~2dB  would be perfectly nice already. :p

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #2,779 of 23,366
Hopefully we get some big news on the M-100's today, or even the pre-production run becoming available!

Sucks though - I just have to get better (from my cold) the day that we are expecting big news like this. Plus - my work has no wifi... I wish I had stayed sick just one more day if it guarantees me a PPU...

Val - I know this might be selfish, but - if it is the PPU's becoming available - could you postpone your big announcement until 3PM today? It's 8:07AM for me as I type this. This would give me the chance to get home before you make the PPU's available.

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #2,780 of 23,366
Even without concern for hearing loss, 8k~10kHz (and ~16kHz) peaks should be killed with fire over and over.
Those are the exact problems I'm having with my mods at the moment and, well, they hurt my ears and sibilance is not the most musically pleasing sound.

I've yet to have the chance to try the M-80 :<

Jul 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #2,782 of 23,366
V-MODA's Facebook page just posted THIS!

Jul 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #2,784 of 23,366
Jul 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #2,787 of 23,366
Hopefully there would be a discount for head-fiers. BTW, did anyone who entered the plastic picture competition get their 10% coupon code for entering a picture ? 

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #2,788 of 23,366
Quote:
Hopefully there would be a discount for head-fiers. BTW, did anyone who entered the plastic picture competition get their 10% coupon code for entering a picture ? 

Yes. Several of us did. Did you enter one? Just PM Bentley and he'll get you your code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back