V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #2,507 of 23,366
Wow this thread grows way too fast. Spent a few hours reading through that 7xx posts (growing as I read) that I missed and... I sure missed a lot :S

Quote:
Here's a thought, maybe the big new feature is a new locking mechanism for the cables only it isn't really a locking mechanism in the traditional sense of the word. Think about it, you're running around doing whatever and the cable snags and the first thing to happen is a cable pull and stress on the headphones plug in. What if V-MODA took a page from Apple and created a magnetic plug in system for their cables. You get a cable snag the sudden pull instead of pulling on the plug a magnetically engineered locking system would automatically release keeping unwanted stress away from the plug. Of coarse during normal use like walking running and head bobbing the magnetic locking system would hold firm. It would be designed in such a way to only release when a certain amount of stress, such as a cable snag, was put on the plug.

Hey Val even if this isn't the new feature I suggest you give it some thought. There's enough headphones out there that die all because the plug the cable goes into gets damaged from stress cause by cord pulls

You can check out Snap Jack by ZZYZX. Not the same type of cable but the idea has already been taken to cables.
Not sure how appropriate it is for something placed around your head... the amount of things that may potentially pull it off (not so bad) and all the amount of things that the cable may potentially pull itself to once off (scary). Maybe it's just me.

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #2,516 of 23,366
Quote:

They look more like the matte black versions to me. It would be awesome if Val released the M-100 in limited edition matte black along side the shadow and white versions. 

Since when does matte black shine like that? In that pic the headphones look like a shiny shadowish grey, that's why I assumed they were the shadows. Besides I think Val has said the first two colors releasing are the white and the shadow M-100's.

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:24 PM Post #2,517 of 23,366
Quote:
As much as I wish guys, that I already had them, Val posted a recent mobile upload. Im sure there just around the corner.

You'll probably get it launch day or maybe the day before.

Just don't forget to post impressions here the day you get them though! lol

Same goes to the other M100 winners. =P

*Anxiously waits*

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #2,518 of 23,366
Quote:
I have a strong feeling that this has something BIG to do with one of the unannounced features of the M-100's...

"we may be based in Hollywood, but we're developing our very own SILICONE in Japan for our audiophile gear... TUNE IN TOKYO!!! #MadeinJapan #BigInJapan -VK"

Who agrees with me? If not - what do you think it is? When do you think it will be announced?

I hope its actual silicone on the earcups to act as a shock absorber, the plastic on my LP's has cracked after accidentally being tossed a few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back