V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 23, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #2,147 of 23,366
Glad to hear of it word first Val! I will still be getting a pair of Shadow's once you are ready to start firing these at us!

Also for names..

"Shell Shocked"
"Renegades"
"Violet Hearted" (A reference to the Purple Heart)
"War Torn"

I could keep coming up with more, but its 1:40 in the morning! Maybe I will have some better ones in the morning..

I JUST THOUGHT OF ANOTHER ONE!

"THE WORN VETERANS"

Jun 23, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #2,150 of 23,366
Quote:

Wow, we are right there as it is 8dB from its bass peak at 100hZ to 1kHz and it is 9dB from 100hZ to 2kHz!  PERFETTO.  8 is my lucky number.   

Cool! The best news I heard so far haha! Seems like both my own testing and all the evaluations you did with M100 came to similar conclusions. ^^ Yea 8~9dB seems to be optimal, I'm very intrigued now. :p

About the colors, personally I'm happy with Shadow theme rather than Gunmetal theme, the LP2 I bought I thought looked quite nice but yea looking at the Shadow themed M80 I envy their looks. :p

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #2,153 of 23,366
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #2,154 of 23,366
Quote:

Scar is always a great word, reminds me of one of my fav book/songs "scar tissue"...

I vote some iteration of "Scar"... love Veteran too and it looks a bit like "Veneto" or "Venezia" when I speed-read the letters quickly.

HD650 Owners?
Curious, anybody here own a HD650 that plans on getting a M-100?  I have some qs for you. Don't worry, we aren't trying to copy the HD650 at all, thats not how we roll.  However, it is one of the few headphones I have with me on this trip to calibrate the community expectations to.

I own a HD 650 and love it, please fire away any questions!

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:59 AM Post #2,155 of 23,366
So will the M-100 be as bassheavy as the M-80? I ordered some days ago a V-Moda M-80 and a Beyerdynamic DT 1350 and like the last one quite more beacuse its more neutral. The M-80 has too much bass for me...

To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.

You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.

Jun 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM Post #2,156 of 23,366
Quote:
To be honest, I don't think you'll like them at all then.
You seem to like bass light headphones, as the M80 was considered neutral by many on Head-Fi. The M100 aims for a fuller neutral sound signature, with a bit more bass.

I don't think it's just a bit more bass. Val posted how much of a bass boost the m-100 will have.
I consider those as bass heavy.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:14 AM Post #2,158 of 23,366
Letter phonetic letter
A Alpha
B Bravo
C Charlie
D Delta
E Echo
F Foxtrot
G Golf
H Hotel
I India
J Juliet
K Kilo
L Lima
M Mike
N November
O Oscar
P Papa
Q Quebec
R Romeo
S Sierra
T Tango
U Uniform
V Victor
W Whiskey
X X-ray
Y Yankee
Z Zulu

something scar?

Letter phonetic letter
A Adams
B Boston
C Chicago
D Denver
E Easy
F Frank
G George
H Henry
I Ida
J John
K King
L Lincoln
M Mary
N New York
O Ocean
P Peter
Q Queen
R Roger
S Sugar
T Thomas
U Union
V Victor
W William
X X-ray
Y Young
Z Zero          

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #2,159 of 23,366
Well, we definitely all hear the differently.  I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80.  There is certainly a bit of a  bass hump.  But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end.  I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80.  All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues.  I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that. 

Quote:
What a shame... I really liked the M-80, but the sound signature was just not my cup of tea - too bassy and the highs were not crisp enough. So how will the highs sound at the M-100?

Jun 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #2,160 of 23,366
Quote:
Well, we definitely all hear the differently.  I don't consider the bass to be heavy at all on the M80.  There is certainly a bit of a  bass hump.  But some people are rather sensitive to low end where as others are sensitive to high end.  I would think that t the highs of the M100 will be very much like the M80.  All the VModa's are purposely rolled off at the top end due to hearing loss issues.  I would have preferred the M80 to be a little more crisp...but love them other than that. 

Interesting.  I think the bass is somewhat bloated on the M-80, it's certainly not tight and controlled.  And when you couple that with it being rolled off up top, I can see why it may appear bassy to some.  I'm sure the M-100's will improve on comfort moving to a circumaural design, but unless they tighten up the bass and add even just a little more detail, it's the same ol' same ol' (soft) mediocre headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back