V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 19, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #1,922 of 23,366
Quote:

Most users would probably only use one cable.  I keep the extra in there with me just in case one goes out.  I highly doubt anyone would carry more than that with them for any reasons (I don't see any practicality in carrying more than 2 cables :p 

Agreed

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #1,924 of 23,366
Well for portability one cable is fine, for TRANSPORTABILITY 2 cables is nice. So in otherwords If I am walking around with it then one cable to prevent scratching, If I am driving it between 2 destination space for a second cable even if not ideal would be nice, because then it wont be experiencing much rugged movement

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,925 of 23,366
Most users would probably only use one cable.  I keep the extra in there with me just in case one goes out.  I highly doubt anyone would carry more than that with them for any reasons (I don't see any practicality in carrying more than 2 cables :p 

Same, when one of my cables for the M80 broke i had the second one in the case just for that issue.

As for shortbreadninjas idea of a back pocket on the back of the case I think that is a very good idea. It will completely separate the cable from the headphones and prevent any chance of scratching.

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #1,926 of 23,366
Quote:
Have you considered adding an additional back pocket separate from the main compartment of the case to hold the cables?

Excellent idea.  This will drive up end cost, though (and probably delay release.a good bit).  I wonder if instead of a couple velcro sections with straps, like the LP2 case has... It might be better with a single pouch that velcros inside.

Jun 19, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #1,927 of 23,366
Quote:

Excellent idea.  This will drive up end cost, though (and probably delay release.a good bit).  I wonder if instead of a couple velcro sections with straps, like the LP2 case has... It might be better with a single pouch that velcros inside.

Do that for the outer pocket if implemented.  I like the Velcro straps on the inside of the M80 case as it gives user flexibility. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,928 of 23,366
Quote:

Update, I'm back in Hong Kong to work on M-100 after my sales trip in Monte-Carlo, Miami, Seattle and China.  We added thousands of few stores to sell and experience V-MODA around the world!  

We decided to make the first 100 pre-production units in White today. 

I'll need your help on a few final details, the main product is complete and the hinge feels SO solid. Its like a vault door and retains the durability perfectly so far in alpha testing.  I "cringe about hinge" and this is why traditionally we say "less is more" for durability. But, I feel we nailed it.

YOUR INPUT NEEDED ON CASE "DEJA VU"
Now, we have the part that I fear may hold production more than the product, as was the CASE with LP's original zipper vs V-STRAP internal design.  You see, on LP, LP2, M-80 we have two holders inside for cables, yet M-100 comes with three cables.  Since the case is so much smaller on M-100, it'd cause less chance  of scratching the product to make the new strap system only hold one cable. I figure, people can still buy the enhanced smaller LP/LP2 case that holds multiple cables for a nominal charge on our site and most people only use the same cable and would prefer a smaller case.

What do you think?

-v 

I would prefer to not have an additional charge for a larger case to accommodate multiple cables.  What about a cloth pouch or sleeve with velcro closure that would hold all three cables and serve to protect the M-100 from scratches? If this is not an option, I only anticipate needing one cable and would prefer the smaller case for travel.

Jun 19, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,929 of 23,366
Quote:
Now, we have the part that I fear may hold production more than the product, as was the CASE with LP's original zipper vs V-STRAP internal design.  You see, on LP, LP2, M-80 we have two holders inside for cables, yet M-100 comes with three cables.  Since the case is so much smaller on M-100, it'd cause less chance  of scratching the product to make the new strap system only hold one cable. I figure, people can still buy the enhanced smaller LP/LP2 case that holds multiple cables for a nominal charge on our site and most people only use the same cable and would prefer a smaller case.

What do you think?

-v 

I would prefer the more portable case. There's no need to carry the extra cables with me at all times. 

Jun 19, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #1,930 of 23,366
I would prefer the more portable case. There's no need to carry the extra cables with me at all times. 

Agreed. The smaller the better, if I were to use a case at all, to be fair.
And the option of the larger LP-case is a good way of giving a minority of people (?) more choices.
(thanks mr kolton for the updates and being able to see this project unfold almost in real time)

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #1,931 of 23,366
I would only need one pocket to keep the cable that I'm using wrapped up in. The other cables would be in my desk drawer if I should need them or want to use them.

Jun 19, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,932 of 23,366
Quote:

Update, I'm back in Hong Kong to work on M-100 after my sales trip in Monte-Carlo, Miami, Seattle and China.  We added thousands of few stores to sell and experience V-MODA around the world!  

We decided to make the first 100 pre-production units in White today. 

I'll need your help on a few final details, the main product is complete and the hinge feels SO solid. Its like a vault door and retains the durability perfectly so far in alpha testing.  I "cringe about hinge" and this is why traditionally we say "less is more" for durability. But, I feel we nailed it.

What do you think?

-v 

Def stick with the smaller single cable interior design. Keeping the condition of such a good looking headphone is hugely important, and most people will have a single preferred cable anyway.

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #1,933 of 23,366
Great guys!  I won't worry too much about losing the extra holder if we have to.  I think for DJs it is more of a problem, because they love to use it for their SD cards/USB sticks for their music.  So maybe I can focus on getting that solution now inside the case still.

V-STORY: DEJA VU OF REHAB AND LP CASE
I am having Deja Vu of Crossfade LP's release. You see, it originally was a zipper pouch inside held in by strap to the top (not velcro).  My engineers from the biggest companies couldn't figure out my strap system.  I HATED the zipper pouch, so I flew DIRECTLY from my DJ gig at Hard Rock's REHAB where I spun with my BFF at the time, Tiesto, to Asia and I made it happen.  

In fact, the videos on youtube shows I was still performing with HDJ-2000s until after that trip. You'll see all those videos in that era I didn't switch to using Crossfade LP100% of the time in very important gigs until it was truly the best product in my eyes.  I always felt like it was Slash switching to a prototype guitar for a big show, only when it is ready 2 rock!

PS - Hard Rock told me I was the first performer to ever perform in a BATH ROBE at Hard Rock at least...I started my gig with a cigar in my mouth, Wall St Journal under my arm and Beanie on my head!

Jun 19, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #1,934 of 23,366
But with the small case for the M100, we will still get all three cables correct?  I would be a fan of just either getting an extra pouch/case or just taking 2 of the cables that I need when I travel.  Are you going to have an opportunity or even allowed to take some more pics while you are on this trip? 

Jun 19, 2012 at 7:12 PM Post #1,935 of 23,366
Lol Val, good story!
And, as much as I love the dual strappy velcro pads, I took one out of my Crossfade LP case to fit my iPod in there. Which isn't necessary, just good for when I want to grab one thing on my way out. I don't think it'll be a problem to just have one cord in the case, on the go, while the other cords are tidily wrapped up back home. Holdy-space for jack adapter, SD cards, flash USB sticks, etc is awesome, I love the elastic straps for securing things.
Shortbreadninja's external pocket needs some thinking, if it's strappy like we have now it'll be easily accessible, organized, & flexible, but those cables need protection too. Hmm... What if it was a modular system like used in the other headsets, but flipped around so the pad's backing faces out to shield the accessories? I don't know where there might be a flat space or recessed space (like depression between headband and earcups on the old cases) on the new case, perhaps something that clips or snaps on to the case bottom under the earcups area? Let me see if I can sketch what I'm thinking...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back