V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 16, 2012 at 11:25 PM Post #1,876 of 23,366
well you can't TECHNICALLY do either of them since Livetune is trademarked and the hatsune miku logo is owned by crypton future media. pretty much everything about miku is owned by crypton future media except the songs people produce. it's like using fl studio to make music. they just don't care if you do use it though :p
Quote:

I should be fine. My first logo is my favorite DJ/Vocaloid Producer, Livetune's Logo; and the logo of the Vocaloid he uses most, Hatsune Miku. Both are Japanese, and Miku herself is crowd-sourced, so no copyrights for using her logo.

No no no, he was right - it's surgery (which is complicated crap).. on a rocket. (which is even more complicated crap) 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: btw, you can still send in .AI files to v-moda. it's in one of their supported files so you don't even have to do the second step in post #1852 :D

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #1,877 of 23,366
Livetune is the DJ's name, and I'm a fan of him.. so.. yeah - it's not like I'm selling them to someone else. Also, I have a friend in japan, can ask to talk to him, and see if I can use his logo. I'll pay him if he wants me to, but I doubt he will need me to.

Also, the Miku logo isn't copyrighted, at least not in the same way as other things - like you said, they have no problem with you using it, they just publicly ask you not to damage the name/popularity of Miku in its use. (Defamation) 

ANYWAY - Back to the M100. Any new images or anything?

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #1,879 of 23,366
Quote:

Im using this for my headphones. Don't see any copyright issues..

Its really not a big issue unless your using it to promote something, or your making money off of it in any way. 

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #1,881 of 23,366
Jun 17, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #1,882 of 23,366
Off topic, but does anyone know if there's a place to get more info on the revolver? Or can anyone give me any info that Val has already given up?

Jun 17, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #1,885 of 23,366
If I thought I'd have bunch of excess money on me I'd love to suprise my fav DJs with a pair of V-Moda M100 and their logo on them, what a gift that would be from a fan! Couldn't think of a much better one. :)

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #1,886 of 23,366
Quote:
I believe the Revolver is supposed to be a signature version of the M-100, like the PRO700mk2 anniversary edition was an improvement over the PRO700mk2.

No, it's actually a completely different headphone.  It apparently will have rotating cups, hence the name.  We don't know anything about it other than that though.

Also, it's not really true that nobody's profiting off of the logo - V-Moda is.  That's where the copyright infringement would be.

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #1,887 of 23,366
Quote:
No, it's actually a completely different headphone.  It apparently will have rotating cups, hence the name.  We don't know anything about it other than that though.

Also, it's not really true that nobody's profiting off of the logo - V-Moda is.  That's where the copyright infringement would be.

Its a grey area, they don't directly profit off of it, and they have said that they make next to nothing from the custom shields in the first place, so its more grey. 
I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

Jun 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,888 of 23,366
Quote:

Perhaps. I do have adobe stuff but I never have been good at photo editing AT ALL. Its just some sort of bad luck I have when using them. Anyways these are the ones I am looking into.

Those look pretty cool. Though with Future Gadget Laboratory, I'd recommend making the "gear" more prominent, perhaps shortening the title to "Future Gear Lab" on two lines and putting the gear around that? Or, you could keep the title the same and just put the gear above the text and make it larger. Or put the gear in the middle, arch "Future Gear" over top, and "Laboratory" arched under the bottom of the gear circle. Just an idea for balance. Speaking of balance, that dragon yin-yang logo is pretty cool too.

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #1,889 of 23,366
Quote:
Its a grey area, they don't directly profit off of it, and they have said that they make next to nothing from the custom shields in the first place, so its more grey. 
I honestly wouldn't worry about it.

I guess so, but it's probably best to just leave it up to V-Moda to decide.  There's no risk involved on your end.  Just be sure to let them know where the logo's from, I guess?

Jun 17, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,890 of 23,366
Huh... OK. Well let's see what val says in the months to come. Now, back to the M-100! Hoping amazon is a retailer, and only 18 days till 4th of July!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back