V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 15, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #1,816 of 23,366
I envy those who are able to try some pre-launch samples and actually be able to provide feedback as I'm very great at analyzing the percieved sound and find that interesting, why do I have to live up north in europe. :frowning2: Never any meets, barely any shops carry any demo headphones, always have to do purchases online based on feedback etc.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #1,817 of 23,366
Quote:

Racked my brain trying to figure this one out. I conlcuded the winning entry must have a clever message or caption tying in V-Moda with recycling. This doesn't seem to have been the case. So, now that it is over, can you tell us what the 'prerequisite trick' was?

Well, the 'prerequisite trick' was that to make it to be in a V-MODA ad, you have to have a V-MODA product in the ad!  Although the winner didn't end up with a V-MODA product in the photo, after all so I guess we'll have to do it in the layout.

Jun 15, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #1,818 of 23,366
Quote:
Well, the 'prerequisite trick' was that to make it to be in a V-MODA ad, you have to have a V-MODA product in the ad!  Although the winner didn't end up with a V-MODA product in the photo, after all so I guess we'll have to do it in the layout.

Hey Val.. Do you know if I could get one logo on one shield, and another on the other shield it shouldn't cost anything extra, as the remaining two blank shields could be packaged together again anyway, right?

I'm really excited about the M-100's by the way! New V-MODA 'member' here!

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:03 PM Post #1,819 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey Val.. Do you know if I could get one logo on one shield, and another on the other shield it shouldn't cost anything extra, as the remaining two blank shields could be packaged together again anyway, right?

I'm really excited about the M-100's by the way! New V-MODA 'member' here!

I personally was able to get different logos on each shield by talking to customer service. They really have great service, I recommend shooting them an email about it~

Jun 15, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #1,821 of 23,366
Quote:
Is there a way we can preview our order if we have a custom shield design and color? I just want to make sure it looks right before I would order (interested in the M-100).

Check out the v-moda page for the crossfade LP's, they show you the color, etc. But they can't show you the image as you enter it, so you have to send it in, and let their artist get it right.

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #1,822 of 23,366
I have two logos I'd like to use.. 

and..

I realize the second would need to be cleaned up, but both of them have a resolution lower than 300dpi - the first is 72ppi, and the second is 96ppi - how would I get these ready so I can customize my M-100's?

Jun 15, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #1,823 of 23,366
Quote:
I have two logos I'd like to use.. 

and..

I realize the second would need to be cleaned up, but both of them have a resolution lower than 300dpi - the first is 72ppi, and the second is 96ppi - how would I get these ready so I can customize my M-100's?

You might be better served contacting V-Moda directly rather than posting here. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #1,828 of 23,366
Quote:
Are the customizations painted on, or etched into the metal?

Told ya they have excellent customer service ;]
I believe they are etched into the metal with a laser~

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,829 of 23,366
Question... is the m-100 closed or is it not closed?
I see some vents on the shields...
I heard talk of the m-100 being a closed can, but my friend pointed this out to me.
The reason i haven't picked up a pair of m-80s already is due to the isolation.
As a portable set of headphones, i was hoping to be able to use them on car rides/train rides/airplanes.
So, should i wait for the m-100 or is the m-100 just not suitable for my listening environments?

Jun 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #1,830 of 23,366
Quote:
Told ya they have excellent customer service ;]
I believe they are etched into the metal with a laser~

Ah, nice.

Anyway, their artists will do the alterations and make sure it looks good on the shields, even when there are two separate logos/icons.

Looking forward to this so much!

Question... is the m-100 closed or is it not closed?
I see some vents on the shields...
I heard talk of the m-100 being a closed can, but my friend pointed this out to me.
The reason i haven't picked up a pair of m-80s already is due to the isolation.
As a portable set of headphones, i was hoping to be able to use them on car rides/train rides/airplanes.
So, should i wait for the m-100 or is the m-100 just not suitable for my listening environments?

I am also worried about that - is the isolation on the LP/M-80's better or worse than the Audio Technica ATH-M50's? As long as it is on the same level.. I'm okay with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back