V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,756 of 23,366
Quote:
Also would like to know, laziness ftw.

I suspect we'll be able to tell when they're released. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #1,757 of 23,366
Quote:
What sources are you guys gonna use with the M-100? I'm set with a Digizoid Z02 from an iPod Classic, just in case I'm in the mood for MOAR BASS

All depends on how the S3 sounds, or I might get teh HTC ONE X, which doesn't sound bad with Beats turned off. Oh, and I'll probably use my Z02 time to time for MOAR BASS XD

Jun 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,758 of 23,366
I was planning on using them with the rumored nexus tablet that is supposed to come out about month and/or my 4th gen ipod touch.

Also, how comfortable are the lp 2s with glasses, because if they are uncomfortable, then I might as well just get IEMs.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #1,760 of 23,366
Quote:
Just curious: How is the isolation on the M80 or the LP2? Somewhat interested in these phones as well so I wanna see how isolation of previous models stacks up to these when these are out.

I have the V-80 and isolation isn't it's strong point. It will isolate well enough for most normal usage situations and will only leak sound at very loud volumes. However, loud conversations, car rides, bus rides and especially airplanes do filter their way into your soundscape. It's partially due to the V-ports on each earcup, and the relatively light clamping force(this happens eventually. They were very uncomfortable at first.) Covering the V-ports with my fingers slightly increases isolation, but not by much and nowhere near the isolation of any pair of IEMs I own. I have no experience with the LP/LP2.

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #1,761 of 23,366
Quote:
Just curious: How is the isolation on the M80 or the LP2? Somewhat interested in these phones as well so I wanna see how isolation of previous models stacks up to these when these are out.

Well the isolation is little compared to other On-Ear headphones like the HD25 or the DT1350 as i have heard.

The M80 & LP2 have vents on the shields to give them a good soundstage at the cost of weaker isolation for letting noise such as wind come in through while wearing them.

(Spider beat me to the question. lol)

Jun 13, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #1,762 of 23,366
I'm actually looking forward to better isolation from the M-100, over the M-80. I read that the LP/LP2 isolate slightly better than the M-80 so I imagine the M-100 will do just as good of a job (or better) in that department.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #1,763 of 23,366
Quote:
Also, how comfortable are the lp 2s with glasses, because if they are uncomfortable, then I might as well just get IEMs.

You have to bend the headband a little and make sure they sit on your head just right (no slack, snug to your head and sitting perfectly straight, but not too tight)... Once they fit your head properly, they're just peachy with glasses.  If you don't get them just right, they'll get really uncomfortable after about an hour.

As for isolation, they seem pretty good for sound isolation, but they really don't handle being around wind very well.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #1,764 of 23,366
Quote:

You have to bend the headband a little and make sure they sit on your head just right (no slack, snug to your head and sitting perfectly straight, but not too tight)... Once they fit your head properly, they're just peachy with glasses.  If you don't get them just right, they'll get really uncomfortable after about an hour.

As for isolation, they seem pretty good for sound isolation, but they really don't handle being around wind very well.

Thanks, now if only throwing money at the screen would make time pass faster.

Jun 14, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #1,765 of 23,366
I know this is WAY off topic but i've been wanting to get an amp for my iphone 4. I've considered JDS labs CMoybb v2.03 or a Fiio e11. I mostly listen to rock and spanish rock. I have a V-moda Lp's and would really like your opinion on this. I will be getting the M-100's too.

Jun 14, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #1,767 of 23,366
Quote:
Out of immense curiosity - what are the expected competitors to the M100's? Would they be compared to M50's? What?

Pretty much any closed, semi-portable over-ear headphones in this price range, I guess.  These cost quite a bit more than the M50s but I guess they could be considered competitors?  I think they'd mostly be competing with the Ultrasones in this price range.  Denon and Beyerdynamic maybe, but those are huge and not exactly portable.

As far as the general market goes, they'd be competing with pretty much all of the $250-300 celebrity headphones out there, like Beats and the like.

Jun 14, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #1,768 of 23,366
Quote:
I know this is WAY off topic but i've been wanting to get an amp for my iphone 4. I've considered JDS labs CMoybb v2.03 or a Fiio e11. I mostly listen to rock and spanish rock. I have a V-moda Lp's and would really like your opinion on this. I will be getting the M-100's too.

I am very happy with my FiiO E11.  Also the bass boost is fantastic.

Jun 14, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #1,769 of 23,366
Quote:
Out of immense curiosity - what are the expected competitors to the M100's? Would they be compared to M50's? What?

A closed full sized M-80 with a bit more base.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back