V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 18, 2012 at 5:06 AM Post #1,141 of 23,366
I should really let my girlfriend loose on one of my plastic pairs, she would love destroying it, and is even more picky about sound then me haha.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #1,142 of 23,366
.... Yeah, I'm not going to win anything.

Quote:
we are finalizing the recycle program, stay tuned.  there are some epic photos posted already.  

I wanted to have a panel of judges, and somebody win a free M-100.  

Also, regarding M-100 - Erick and I went to Hot N Juicy Crawfish the day after his gig to discuss what he's found by using them nightly and agressively.  We have 3 minor changes that will make it to MP.  This is how we do it!  I am very happy about how well its clamping well yet comfortable during extreme movements, even with the coiled cable.

I'll have an M-100 and VAMP at the Head-Fi meet this weekend, who's coming?!

RSVP HERE FOR V-MODA AFTER VILLAGE RENDEZVOUS 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604418/the-village-headphone-meet-2012-southern-california-sunday-april-22-2012

It won't quite be like this party below we had for the VMAs, but it'll be fun and I'll be DJing (not too loud though). 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.475695108091.285451.106696703091&type=3

Apr 18, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #1,144 of 23,366

Quote:

Here's my final submission to the RPP. I figured I would post it here to see what Head-Fi thinks! I call it "Pierced Heart Of An Audiophile".

Beautiful!!!  I think that's now #1....  We are finishing the Recycle program details today..

Apr 18, 2012 at 6:15 PM Post #1,145 of 23,366

Quote:

Beautiful!!!  I think that's now #1....  We are finishing the Recycle program details today..

I actually came up with the inspiration by sheer chance, I was fiddling around with the cables I had previously cut and dropped a cable by accident and it then landed in the shape of a heart. Then the inspiration more or less hit me to use these cheap headphones to represent the Audiophiles strive for finding sound perfection by representing our love for sound and music in the shape of a heart. However since I was using cheap headphones I further elaborated by piercing the heart with an arrow. That arrow thus represents the numerous barriers and obstacles an audiophile must face with low quality headphones in finding that "Perfect Sound" (Beats anyone?). In general I'm happy with the outcome, as the way I see it, its a fresh take on a cliche image of a "Pierced Heart". So after all was said and done, and about 3 hours of work later, I dubbed it "Pierced Heart Of An Audiophile".

And count me as excited! Can't wait to hear the results/details as I'll certainly be keeping a close watch!

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM Post #1,148 of 23,366

Quote:

NOOOOOOO pick meeeeeeee!!

I'll admit, I didn't have to work very hard to "trash" my headphones, because my @pple earbuds were already broken--the cable was coming apart at the junction, and the 3-button mic had long ago ceased transmitting signals to my iPhone. Plus, it was tangled so bad that I didn't even try to un-knot it, I just pulled a bit and the sheath came loose and bunched up in a mess. My comment on V-MODA's page was , "Got kevlar? Some don't."

I couldn't do that with my M-80 cables even if I tried...

And artistically, although you might not tell from the casual, haphazard look of the picture, I did put a fair amount of design into the shot. I made sure the relevant pieces were highlighted, such as the 3-button remote, the earbud with missing earpiece, the plug, the bunched-up sheath...all looped around a 1/2 gallon of milk, ready to be kicked to the curb. Plus the white-on-white stereotypical and instantly-recognizable aesthetic: @pple branding at its best...subtly artistic and refined :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #1,149 of 23,366

Quote:

NOOOOOOO pick meeeeeeee!!

I'll admit, I didn't have to work very hard to "trash" my headphones, because my @pple earbuds were already broken--the cable was coming apart at the junction, and the 3-button mic had long ago ceased transmitting signals to my iPhone. Plus, it was tangled so bad that I didn't even try to un-knot it, I just pulled a bit and the sheath came loose and bunched up in a mess. My comment on V-MODA's page was , "Got kevlar? Some don't."

I couldn't do that with my M-80 cables even if I tried...

And artistically, although you might not tell from the casual, haphazard look of the picture, I did put a fair amount of design into the shot. I made sure the relevant pieces were highlighted, such as the 3-button remote, the earbud with missing earpiece, the plug, the bunched-up sheath...all looped around a 1/2 gallon of milk, ready to be kicked to the curb. Plus the white-on-white stereotypical and instantly-recognizable aesthetic: @pple branding at its best...subtly artistic and refined :)

With all due respect, it almost comes across as your begging, which is extremely unprofessional. Also, the contest is not over, and I have yet to win thus could still lose for a wide variety of reasons. After all, as many say, anything can happen.

But regardless, this is how contests work, your going to have stiff competition. Begging isn't going to get you anywhere and if anything will lessen your chances as it puts a negative mark on your entry. Just go along for the ride and be thankful that you had this opportunity.

For me even if I don't win, I'm extremely grateful for the chance. Personally I would also like to thank Val for providing us with such an opportunity. It gave me a great way to express myself, my feelings, and hopefully the feelings of many other audiophiles out there with a simple artistic piece. So in the end, for me at least, even if I don't win I still had fun along the way in creating this piece and being part of the experience.

Apr 18, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #1,150 of 23,366

Quote:

Yes, and the camera work is well done too! despite being a picture of trash in quite literal form (my bad, recyclable materials! think eco. eco.) I really loved it!

And since my cousin wants the remains of those earphones and headphones to play with, I won't be breaking them further... I did break another one recently though (accident. it was vintage...!), but I'm undecided to put another submission. I'd say for the love of art, if anything :D

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #1,152 of 23,366

Quote:

Yes, and the camera work is well done too! despite being a picture of trash in quite literal form (my bad, recyclable materials! think eco. eco.) I really loved it!

And since my cousin wants the remains of those earphones and headphones to play with, I won't be breaking them further... I did break another one recently though (accident. it was vintage...!), but I'm undecided to put another submission. I'd say for the love of art, if anything :D

kalbee, just wanted to say, loved your entry! Very neat, initially had a similar idea to suspend headphone pieces in a slightly different manner with their wires however in no way had the headphones necessary to do such an artistic piece, very well done!

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #1,153 of 23,366

Quote:

kalbee, just wanted to say, loved your entry! Very neat, initially had a similar idea to suspend headphone pieces in a slightly different manner with their wires however in no way had the headphones necessary to do such an artistic piece, very well done!

All of them are great thus far, let's keep the art coming!  I am thinking about my entry as well, maybe I'll win?!   I'm assembling a 5-person panel, hopefully notable people.  

"RECYCLE PLASTIC, METAL GEAR, SOLID." haha

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:28 PM Post #1,154 of 23,366

Quote:

All of them are great thus far, let's keep the art coming!  I am thinking about my entry as well, maybe I'll win?!   I'm assembling a 5-person panel, hopefully notable people.  

"RECYCLE PLASTIC, METAL GEAR, SOLID." haha

Don't you think that would be a conflict of interest Val? :wink: And when is the deadline by the way? I'm biting my nails here, more time means more potential entries, and more potential entries means more competition! Can't remember the last time I've been so anxious... Also, just out of curiosity, are the finalized details complete for the overall RPP?

Side Note: Metal Gear Solid is a fantastic video game series, and probably my all time favorite. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back