V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 16, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #1,126 of 23,366
Quote:
Quick question, so if I post a pic of a few broken/mangled plastic headphones to v-moda's page I can possibly get a discount on the m-100? Also if it is really good/artistic it may be a bigger discount?

Only have to smash up one pair but I say the more the merrier.  'Course, whilst I was a busy cuttin' mine in half in a haste to be the first, the 'artsy' rule was put into effect.  So I may have to re-submit.  Wonder if earbuds count?  But I'm still hoping my guess for folding earcups will score the prototypes. What do you say Val? How many prototypes are there?  Seems like it's between me and djsquared?  Also, does anyone ever use their LP's or M-80's when mountain biking? How have they held up?  

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #1,127 of 23,366
I said a few since I have some broken porta pros, iphone buds and even my beloved, yet broken, klipsch custom 3's. I don't just break headphones all the time btw haha, there are many crazy events that happened to break them. Except the custom 3's broke because of the notorious cable issues.

Quote:
Quote:

Only have to smash up one pair but I say the more the merrier.  'Course, whilst I was a busy cuttin' mine in half in a haste to be the first, the 'artsy' rule was put into effect.  So I may have to re-submit.  Wonder if earbuds count?  But I'm still hoping my guess for folding earcups will score the prototypes. What do you say Val? How many prototypes are there?  Seems like it's between me and djsquared?  Also, does anyone ever use their LP's or M-80's when mountain biking? How have they held up?  

Apr 17, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #1,128 of 23,366
If you're asking for a flat shade, I think Electric Crimson would a nice bold color for them. 

I think a nice grey, black and red would be a nice color scheme where red is used just for the light accents like the V-moda V and the V-Moda logo. 

Apr 17, 2012 at 4:06 AM Post #1,129 of 23,366
Some ideas for headphone colors:

Red plate plate and theme with white accents.

Black and white can't possibly be wrong.

Gun metal frame and black for something neutral and cool.

I thought the v-80 and m-80 looked way too similar. They really should have two different base colors to make a bigger contrast and make them very different fashion options. 

If these headphones had a white version (as in white headband and all), I know I would definitely buy one for my wife as well so we would have matching headphones with different color schemes and custom plates. Will be exciting to see what Val does either way.

V-moda has the only headphones that my Mrs has ever considered since she loves the look of them and don't think they look silly like all the other headphones on the market (that includes Beats and Skullcandy). 

Also would love to know how they isolate compared to the m-80 since they are now circumaural (closed?). 

Apr 17, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #1,132 of 23,366
Had a dream with a purple M-100 last night and it sounded so good I didn't mind it was purple lol. Seriously though, it was comfortable and everything seemed nicely balanced with a good amount of bass, beautiful mids and some sparkle. Can't wait for it already!

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #1,135 of 23,366
Hmmm.... I think in the future, additional customization of the headphones would be pretty cool. Some ideas of mine are:

1. Customization of the headband (having our names/logos stitched on the outside of the headband (Make this non-changeable after it leaves manufacturing)  and include a unique serial number on it. This would hopefully discourage others from stealing the headphones?

2. Different materials for shields (Particularly textured shields) - brushed steel, steel mesh, carbon fiber, woodgrain, see-through, camouflage (urban, jungle, desert, digital)

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #1,137 of 23,366

Quote:
X2 that's my personal taste also. Very sleek and classy.

I wouldn't call matte sleek, rather matte designs make the object seem bigger than they are (due to the way the soft texture acts on the eyes).  Think about how an looks when you "soften" it.  The edges blur a little, but take up more space.  Glossy and black with hard cut lines would be sleek and classy :p 

Apr 18, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #1,138 of 23,366
we are finalizing the recycle program, stay tuned.  there are some epic photos posted already.  

I wanted to have a panel of judges, and somebody win a free M-100.  

Also, regarding M-100 - Erick and I went to Hot N Juicy Crawfish the day after his gig to discuss what he's found by using them nightly and agressively.  We have 3 minor changes that will make it to MP.  This is how we do it!  I am very happy about how well its clamping well yet comfortable during extreme movements, even with the coiled cable.

I'll have an M-100 and VAMP at the Head-Fi meet this weekend, who's coming?!

RSVP HERE FOR V-MODA AFTER VILLAGE RENDEZVOUS 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604418/the-village-headphone-meet-2012-southern-california-sunday-april-22-2012

It won't quite be like this party below we had for the VMAs, but it'll be fun and I'll be DJing (not too loud though). 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.475695108091.285451.106696703091&type=3

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #1,139 of 23,366

Quote:
we are finalizing the recycle program, stay tuned.  there are some epic photos posted already.  

I wanted to have a panel of judges, and somebody win a free M-100.  

Also, regarding M-100 - Erick and I went to Hot N Juicy Crawfish the day after his gig to discuss what he's found by using them nightly and agressively.  We have 3 minor changes that will make it to MP.  This is how we do it!  I am very happy about how well its clamping well yet comfortable during extreme movements, even with the coiled cable.

I'll have an M-100 and VAMP at the Head-Fi meet this weekend, who's coming?!

RSVP HERE FOR V-MODA AFTER VILLAGE RENDEZVOUS 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604418/the-village-headphone-meet-2012-southern-california-sunday-april-22-2012

It won't quite be like this party below we had for the VMAs, but it'll be fun and I'll be DJing (not too loud though). 

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.475695108091.285451.106696703091&type=3

Hmm... How long until the contest is complete? I might cancel my previous entry that was something that I just whipped up real quick and work on something more elaborate! Especially if I plan to compete with the other entries!

Also, wish I could make it to the Meet/After Party! I'll be there in spirit, for sure however! Many many finals and term papers due anyways, busy busy! Haha

Apr 18, 2012 at 1:19 AM Post #1,140 of 23,366
Aye even If I do enter (via my fiancee's facebook that is since I do not have my own) I doubt I could top any of those that have entered. That said I hope for the best to those who have entered!

Val do you ever have any plans on expanding? Nearby me there's a factory complex that used to be owned and operated by Sony until just recently. They even had a store inside where you could buy straight from them rather than buying from other markets. Would be nice for a reputable company to take it over, but what do I know when it comes right down to it?

Also thanks all for the support. All I can do is try my best on this market, Also really Val? A blueshirt at BB? That's actually pretty awesome right there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back