V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 14, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #1,096 of 23,366
hopefully, we will all feel like either the beer toasts, the pose below, or both when we get the final versions!

Winter Music Conference/Miami Music Week/Ultra 2012 with prototype M-100 in Gold

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,098 of 23,366

Quote:
hopefully, we will all feel like either the beer toasts, the pose below, or both when we get the final versions!

Winter Music Conference/Miami Music Week/Ultra 2012 with prototype M-100 in Gold

Can you please explain the recycling of plastic headphones giveaway? I don't entirely understand it. I mean I did it with some headphones I broke a long time ago, but I don't know if you were entirely serious.

Apr 14, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #1,099 of 23,366
So sorry to hear that Doc - I'm sure you'll find something soon after. Hope you feel better too. Gotta say, you having money put away for the M-100 truly shows your devotion. Love it.

Can't wait for the M-100 although I'm learning to be patient, meanwhile I'm enjoying my M-80 all over NYC.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Apr 15, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,101 of 23,366

Quote:
I'm still worried that the smallest setting will be too big for me, I think the M-80's are a tad big when on the smallest setting. :X

For real 0o? When I put it on the largest setting its still too small..... I don't even get anywhere near the largest setting on my M50 and HD25, more like half way

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:18 AM Post #1,102 of 23,366
My those m-100's look amazing. My m-80s are by far my favorite headphones from a design point of view. 

Without having to read the entire topic (internet is loading pages really slow), could someone possibly tell me if the most recent price quote and what range are these headphones competing for? Also, any word on better isolation? 

If these are under $400 and match the quality of m-80s for their price, it will definitely be a day one purchase for me. I am completely addicted to the style, build quality, killer case and sick cable. Would pay far more for v-moda than any similarly priced headphone.

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #1,104 of 23,366

Quote:
My those m-100's look amazing. My m-80s are by far my favorite headphones from a design point of view. 

Without having to read the entire topic (internet is loading pages really slow), could someone possibly tell me if the most recent price quote and what range are these headphones competing for? Also, any word on better isolation? 

If these are under $400 and match the quality of m-80s for their price, it will definitely be a day one purchase for me. I am completely addicted to the style, build quality, killer case and sick cable. Would pay far more for v-moda than any similarly priced headphone.

I believe the M-100 will be priced at $299. Not sure about better isolation although I'm hoping for an improvement also. I'd imagine it'll improve since it's circumaural. I'm quite excited also.

Apr 15, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #1,105 of 23,366
Hey, roma. I'm moving to NYC this summer. Maybe we'll run into each other on the streets with our brand new M-100s come July.

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #1,107 of 23,366
I will also have a toast with all of you, I'm a long time lurker on these forums but these last 74 pages of this thread made me sign up finally and post for the first time. Well done Mr. Valkolton on your new line of headphones, I will definitely be acquiring the m80s probably around my birthday (May), and hopefully also getting the m-100s by summer's end

Cheers

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #1,108 of 23,366

Quote:

I wonder, are the M100s or M80s for that matter really ideal for DJ'ing? I'm not a DJ but, seeing as how you are making these to have more of an audiophile sound signature, I don't think that would be ideal.

Apr 15, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #1,110 of 23,366

Quote:
Anyone know if its possible to make the three in-line media buttons work with an amp between my iPod and headphones? I really love the functionality of those buttons.

You can mod an amp to work with it if that's what you're asking, you'd have to add another connection for the mic that passes through the amp and output into the the amp's headphone jack. It is just an extra wire after all. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back