V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 13, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #1,036 of 23,366

Quote:
Nope, I won't juke often - this is the real deal. I like this promo, I'll roll it out next week!  Maybe we''ll judge the photos too, make it more juicy.  Ranging from amateur (Dave Chapelle's Tyrone crack-level) to art (David La Chapelle level) will get varying discounts!

...let's do this thing Val!

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #1,037 of 23,366
Quote:
So who was first, I have a clever idea for this winner to get a M-100.  all you have to do is

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
1) break a plastic headphone (any will do and its quite easy)
2) put it in a plastic recycle bin
[...]

COLORS: what kind of red would be killer?

Val, plastic headphones don't recycle I'm afraid. They're too 'composite' to be accepted, and the content of the recycle bin might end up in the sorting plant's trash bin...

Fun remark aside, the red as used in your avatar/display picture would be nice.
As for the previously previewed choice out of four;
-Gold: While I certainly do not like it all that much, I know a bunch of people would love this. Specially those that are into modifying cars... reminiscent of those black cars with gold rims (which I don't really like either).
-Blue: Somehow finding it hard to picture blue V-MODA. Possibly due to the overall lack of other blue patterns on the headphone as a whole... +1 to red being more interesting! Doesn't look bad, though I wonder what the exact blue is... the shading/reflection is playing tricks on my eyes.
-White: Slightly lacking in contrast? ironic as the shadow one also isn't strong in this domain but an overall darker shade tends to work better with low contrast imo. While people that want these for the style may like the white part, the greyish part may not be as well received. Actually prefer the blue better.
-Shadow: This palette is a must-have for V-MODA in my book!

If the first production models may be limited in color choices, I'm voting Shadow as one of them! Second goes to the blue (or red!).
Just my bias. I'm liking the general look! Those hinges' bolts actually give a nice accent to the look too.

By the way, this seems like the perfect opportunity to break those plastic hinges of my JVCs (also foldable) instead of waiting for it to break!
Are we allowed to give the promo codes away?

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:42 AM Post #1,040 of 23,366

Quote:
you know what I think would be sick lightning going through the v-moda on the headband 
haha if they were all black with lightning etching on the shields woahh

If it's released in an all black version like the LP2, you could get custom shields with that engraved.

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #1,042 of 23,366
@val the rouge red was nice something elegant not cherry red something stronger.....
so breaking the headphones only go to the first guy to guess. and everyone else gets approximately 50 bucks off? if so my old headphones are gone... too bad i threw away my skullcandy. now im just trying to think of a cool way tol break these then post on v-moda's wall. im trying to be "unique" since thats practically v-moda's motto. im thinking catapulting into the air with a group of heavy duty rubber bands tied together... yay or nay??

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #1,044 of 23,366
ok im destroying something thats believe it or not woorse that beats...... knock off beats! hellz yes! all i can say is its about to go down. 
@val
Just wondering does the guy who guessed carved in shields on facebook get anything? its no biggie...

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #1,045 of 23,366
Can't wait to go to school, bring my skullcandy G.I., put it on the ground, and break it into pieces after giving me such big headache with its pressure, and drop it in our plastic recycle bin (mostly only plastic water bottle) :)

Apr 13, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #1,046 of 23,366

Quote:
So who was first, I have a clever idea for this winner to get a M-100.  all you have to do is

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
3) take a picture of it there
4) post it on V-MODA Facebook wall
5) I send you M-100

for those that didn't guess the folding earcup, I'll come up with a voucher of $20-50 (I have to check w accounting). There are lots of other little things...

Lets see how many cheap headphones I still have about and break them all, maybe I will make it into some sort of abstract art thing, hell if I know somewhere I will fit in a sledgehammer...

Will post it through my fiancee's FB page since I do not have one (odd I know)

Quote:
Wine Red.

Has class written all over it.

I like you, I like you a lot. Now imagine the Shadow M-100's with wine red plates..

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #1,047 of 23,366
I don't think I could bring myself to break a pair of headphones. :p

But about those colours, I think white is nice, as well as the shadow colour...but I don't like the gold much at all, it's a little bit ostentatious for me.

Apr 13, 2012 at 2:37 AM Post #1,048 of 23,366

Quote:

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
3) take a picture of it there
4) post it on V-MODA Facebook wall
5) I send you M-100

for those that didn't guess the folding earcup, I'll come up with a voucher of $20-50 (I have to check w accounting). There are lots of other little things...

Oh man... Would absolutely love a pair of these but was leaning towards the M80's due to money constraints... But with a chance like this, I have to try! I'm pretty excited, I've never really won anything noteworthy before so I figure its worth a shot!

Apr 13, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #1,050 of 23,366
So it's not just break a headphone, take a picture, get discount, but you have to have a good camera/instagram and take a work of art to get more discount? awwww :frowning2: I have none of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back