V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #1,021 of 23,366
My opinions of the color options. 

Gold - Looks nice, I think the inside of the headband and the V-Moda logo on top (If its there) should be gold too. These will most likely attract a lot of attention from the younger crowd, 11 years old to 25ish.

White/Blue - Same as above, but with blue. Will the shields be blue too?

White - Maybe red V-Moda logo  on the top like with the LP?

Shadow: Perfect the way it is.

Also, will the cables included with them have a color that matches, like the blue coming with a blue cable, and the gold coming with a gold one?

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #1,022 of 23,366

Quote:
Any plans for a black on black combo? Similar to that of the LP2? I love the Shadow but would prefer a specifically all black version. Or maybe even black and silver. :)

I really like the idea of black/silver too haha!

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #1,025 of 23,366

Quote:
Lastly, let it be known 
evil_smiley.gif
: I was the first on this thread to predict swiveling cups and a folding band (post #735): http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/720#post_8253103

Doesn't appear the earcups will swivel or the headband will fold.  I've been firm on my guess that the earcups will simply fold up since the beginning....

Quote:
I'm still betting all the hair on Val's 5 o'clock shadow that the big feature is folding earcups!

(edit) *However, I do like the swivel design.  Hoping that is in store for us with the Revolver.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,026 of 23,366
So who was first, I have a clever idea for this winner to get a M-100.  all you have to do is

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
1) break a plastic headphone (any will do and its quite easy)
2) put it in a plastic recycle bin
3) take a picture of it there
4) post it on V-MODA Facebook wall
5) I send you M-100

for those that didn't guess the folding earcup, I'll come up with a voucher of $20-50 (I have to check w accounting). There are lots of other little things...

COLORS: what kind of red would be killer?

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #1,027 of 23,366
Count me in for the Shadow motif.  It has an understated appeal to me.  Outside of these choices, a dark metallic alligator green might be interesting (see below).  I also like chrome and deep mahogony.  Have you ever considered a camo design? 

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,028 of 23,366

Quote:

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
5) I send you M-100

Seriously? Because I'll go to Best Buy and wreck their entire display, get arrested and spend a night in jail to get myself a dozen pairs.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #1,029 of 23,366

Quote:
So who was first, I have a clever idea for this winner to get a M-100.  all you have to do is

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
5) I send you M-100

for those that didn't guess the folding earcup, I'll come up with a voucher of $20-50 (I have to check w accounting). There are lots of other little things...

Wine Red.

Has class written all over it.

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #1,030 of 23,366

Quote:

RECYCLE PLASTIC PROMO*
5) I send you M-100

Is this a first come first serve thing? The only plastic headphones I have to break would be some HD212s...

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #1,032 of 23,366

Quote:

Depends on the color combination in the headphones.  A darker red on white would look nice and contrast the brightness while a brighter red on darker colors would help contrast as well :p

Current color choices are great.  The gold/black combo looks really nice (although not my cup of tea).  I can see lots of the younger generation going after the black/gold and white/blue.  The whites are what I'd be after personally, the slate ones (forgot what you called them, sorry Val :p) look really nice as well. 

I like the metallic silver color, it would go well with black or white in my opinion :)  Can't wait to see what else you have planned with these :)

Apr 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #1,033 of 23,366

Quote:

Breaking headphones as we speak!  Umm...is this one of them 'jukes'? 

Nope, I won't juke often - this is the real deal. I like this promo, I'll roll it out next week!  Maybe we''ll judge the photos too, make it more juicy.  Ranging from amateur (Dave Chapelle's Tyrone crack-level) to art (David La Chapelle level) will get varying discounts!

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,034 of 23,366

Quote:
Nope, I won't juke often - this is the real deal. I like this promo, I'll roll it out next week!  Maybe we''ll judge the photos too, make it more juicy.  Ranging from amateur (Dave Chapelle's Tyrone crack-level) to art (David La Chapelle level) will get varying discounts!

Just snapped my HD800s in half. Next, my LCD 2s.

Apr 13, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #1,035 of 23,366

Quote:
Just snapped my HD800s in half. Next, my LCD 2s.

LMAO...  There you go, you ain't holdin' anything back.

I'd love to join you guys, but the only headphones I have are the SOL Republic Tracks, Philips Downtown, and Grado SR60i...  None of these snap easily :frowning2:  At least not without tools :p  *goes to Apple Store to buy a pair of Beats*  It's for a good cause anyways :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back