V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 10, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #962 of 23,366
mm foldable cups makes a hell of a lot of sense, i doubt they ahave figured out swivels yet, but foldable makes sense.

So its
  1. super mic
  2. foldable cups
  3. Extra cables (audio only, and coiled)
  4. Customizable shields

So far we have spotted all of them. Now what else could there be...
Hell how can i even ask that, thats a hell of a lot already, it just shows how picky we can be., and we can be padantic about minor details.

Owell :/ we are who we are, and Val is still trying to please as many of us as possible, kudos to him! Especially when you think that each feature makes it more expensive in terms of R&D and build cost, and eats into their profits.

So again I say, much respect.

Apr 10, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #963 of 23,366

Quote:
mm foldable cups makes a hell of a lot of sense, i doubt they ahave figured out swivels yet, but foldable makes sense.

So its
  1. super mic
  2. foldable cups
  4. Customizable shields

Hell how can i even ask that, thats a hell of a lot already, it just shows how picky we can be., and we can be padantic about minor details.

Owell :/ we are who we are, and Val is still trying to please as many of us as possible, kudos to him! Especially when you think that each feature makes it more expensive in terms of R&D and build cost, and eats into their profits.

not to mention its an independent company which makes it a harder job

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:12 AM Post #964 of 23,366

Quote:
http://www.facebook.com/VMODA/posts/10150797575788092?notif_t=feed_comment

V-Moda says otherwise.

Quote:
we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!  

M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields.  The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100.  We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore.   PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.

link:
http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

Win a M-80 Contest on Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/engadget-giveaway-crossfade-m-80/

So M-80's shields won't fit on M-100's? Your Facebook page said otherwise.

Apr 10, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #965 of 23,366
So M-80's shields won't fit on M-100's? Your Facebook page said otherwise.

Not letting it go, are you?
M-80 = Supraaural
M-100/LP/LP2 = Circumaural

Besides, if you have custom shields for the M-80, what are you gonna do? Swap them back and forth every time you decide which pair you're going take? It took me about 15 minutes to swap out my shields. It's not something you want to do regularly.

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #966 of 23,366

Quote:
Not letting it go, are you?
M-80 = Supraaural
M-100/LP/LP2 = Circumaural
Besides, if you have custom shields for the M-80, what are you gonna do? Swap them back and forth every time you decide which pair you're going take? It took me about 15 minutes to swap out my shields. It's not something you want to do regularly.

Not that I don't want to let go. V-Moda on FB told me otherwise...anyway I guess you're right.

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #967 of 23,366
OK with all the shield compatibility made me wonder if M-100 were the same size as M-80 but I guess NOT. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see ...
eek.gif

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #968 of 23,366

Quote:
OK with all the shield compatibility made me wonder if M-100 were the same size as M-80 but I guess NOT. Oh well I guess we will have to wait and see ...
eek.gif

Did you guys not read any of the previous postings on this thread?

M-100 is the full-sized version of the M-80. M stands for Modiophile which is V-Moda's audiophile-grade line of headphones. The Crossfade LP/LP2 stand for "Live Play" which have more bass and a sound signature designed for DJs who mix in loud environments and are meant to played LOUD. One of the main complaints about the M-80 (none of it relating to sound quality) is it has a supraaural (on-ear) design which some people find uncomfortable. The second major complaint is that they don't isolate well. M-100 stands to fix this shortcomings while adding a few new features to make it V-Moda's flagship headphone. That is until the Revolver and Milano receive their time in the R&D spotlight and blow our minds on future threads to come.

Did I miss anything?

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #969 of 23,366

Quote:
Did you guys not read any of the previous postings on this thread?

M-100 is the full-sized version of the M-80. M stands for Modiophile which is V-Moda's audiophile-grade line of headphones. The Crossfade LP/LP2 stand for "Live Play" which have more bass and a sound signature designed for DJs who mix in loud environments and are meant to played LOUD. One of the main complaints about the M-80 (none of it relating to sound quality) is it has a supraaural (on-ear) design which some people find uncomfortable. The second major complaint is that they don't isolate well. M-100 stands to fix this shortcomings while adding a few new features to make it V-Moda's flagship headphone. That is until the Revolver and Milano receive their time in the R&D spotlight and blow our minds on future threads to come.

Did I miss anything?

You missed adding a qualifier to the fact that the "major complaints" come from only a relatively small majority of users, and that comfort and isolation are generally regarded very favorably :) 

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #970 of 23,366

Quote:
You missed adding a qualifier to the fact that the "major complaints" come from only a relatively small majority of users, and that comfort and isolation are generally regarded very favorably :) 

Dammit!

Apr 10, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #971 of 23,366
I'm FB friends with Lee Kalt...dude is crazy about V-Moda...just looking at his pics makes you want to DJ and rep V-Moda.  Congrats to him.

Quote:
Once I have final dates locked, I'll start to leak some more!   Watch me and Erick though in the coming weeks, we'll have new prototypes. RE Winner - I think there was a winner, so I'll get them a prototype.

Birthday was amazing, my biggest gift was that my co-producer of music on Subliminal, DJ and House Music TV owner, Lee Kalt, got married on a small private Island in the keys!  

My close friend Erick Morillo and I were there to witness the spectacular event along with my girlfriend, DJ Soxxi. In fact, Erick Morillo and Subliminal records played a vital role in V-MODA's history AND M-100.  Erick/Subliminal inspired me to start V-MODA and encouraged me when I was just a poor fan with a dream.  When I was on tour with him years later on a broken leg, we came up with the idea for both Faders and M-100!   Subliminal is also why I don't release many of my records, Erick has a different view on how to do things and it inspires me to be unique.  For instance, he said if you save your best and original remixes for live performances, people HAVE to see you in person to hear the best music! 

Necessity in the modern mobile Macbook studio, stage, road and a large variety of feedback plays a critical role on the fine details and features. Very different than MNAs (marketing needs analysis) that start from the boardroom, as we actually took many ideas from here at Head-Fi! 

Erick Morillo, Val Kolton + DJ Soxxi

PS - wore M-100 on a run today starting from Versace mansion!

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #972 of 23,366
Are people honestly arguing about the supposed post about M-80 plates being able to fit on the M-100?

If this is wrong, why make it such a big uproar? People can make mistakes at times, things can be misheard or misconstrued at times. Remember that Val is human just like the rest of us, he has a company that he is running while also trying to talk to and please as many people as possible AND also while on the verge of releasing a new product. With all that on the plate its amazing that Val has given any time to talk to us as much as he has been and I am greatly appreatieated of it. Not just us but places like FB and other social sites as well.

You can only do so much, we should be ever thankful to Val for giving us the time to talk to him.

That said I know plenty here are thankful, and perhaps the previous statement sounded widespread while in reality its only a small percentage, this also counting outside the forums too.

Aye, I cannot wait to hear the news on the latest tooling tests on the M-100, hoping for the best of news!

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #973 of 23,366

Quote:
eek.gif

M-80 = On-Ear 
M-100 = Over-Ear (very close to LP/LP2 size)

Therefore M-100 shields are interchangeable with LP/LP2. 

Quote:
not to mention its an independent company which makes it a harder job

Definitely, we have a small, yet amazing team of GREAT employees with tremendous experience. We have a flat organization without bureaucracy and complex management/ownership layers that allows us to focus on the customer.  

Quote:

So its
  1. super mic
  2. foldable cups
  4. Customizable shields

Our COGS (cost of goods sold) has skyrocketed in the past year, we include lots of features (CASES), crazy materials and QC standards that makes it hard to compete with our competitors at similar price points.  But I am animate about the unique materials and features, so we figure out a way. IT'S NOT easy so we really appreciate the word-of-mouth and reviews.  We put our $ where are materials is (mouth is)!

Apr 10, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #974 of 23,366
Are people honestly arguing about the supposed post about M-80 plates being able to fit on the M-100?

If this is wrong, why make it such a big uproar? People can make mistakes at times, things can be misheard or misconstrued at times. Remember that Val is human just like the rest of us, he has a company that he is running while also trying to talk to and please as many people as possible AND also while on the verge of releasing a new product. With all that on the plate its amazing that Val has given any time to talk to us as much as he has been and I am greatly appreatieated of it. Not just us but places like FB and other social sites as well.

You can only do so much, we should be ever thankful to Val for giving us the time to talk to him.

That said I know plenty here are thankful, and perhaps the previous statement sounded widespread while in reality its only a small percentage, this also counting outside the forums too.

Aye, I cannot wait to hear the news on the latest tooling tests on the M-100, hoping for the best of news!

I'm not sure if this is directed at me or not, but I was simply correcting some glaring misconceptions from posters who have somehow ignored the last 60 or so pages of this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back