V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #947 of 23,366

Quote:
Nope. M-100s, from everything we know so far, will be similar, if not exactly, the same size as the LPs. Unless he does a double shield design wherein a smaller shield sits within the frame of a bigger one. Maybe this is how one blocks the vents? You listening, Val? 
wink_face.gif

http://www.facebook.com/VMODA/posts/10150797575788092?notif_t=feed_comment

V-Moda says otherwise.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:20 PM Post #948 of 23,366

Quote:
Val. Take my money already..... can't wait for m-100

we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!  

M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields.  The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100.  We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore.   PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.

link:
http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

Win a M-80 Contest on Engadget
http://www.engadget.com/2012/04/09/engadget-giveaway-crossfade-m-80/

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #949 of 23,366

Quote:
we are working to finalize dates and content now to take preorders, it's getting closer!  

M-100 Custom Shield Kits Promo "M-100MANIA"
I created a code "M-100MANIA" as a code for 20% off custom M-100/LP/LP2 shields.  The LP/LP2 large shields WILL work on M-100.  We'll send the "wings" too, but the M-100 does not use that part anymore.   PS the first MASS PRODUCTION M-100's will be nearly an identical color as M-80 Shadow.

link:
http://v-moda.com/over-ear-shields/

when/how/will there be other color options available???

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #951 of 23,366

Quote:

when/how/will there be other color options available???

I've been brainstorming how to pull off something new, which allows me to launch quicker than normal with color options.  The idea is that I come out with a few limited edition colors FIRST to take preorders, then go into mass production of Shadow.  I think it'll work and I'll have final confirmation within a week!  

"DO IT DIFFERENT" -Val Kolton (Nike + Apple Remix) 

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #953 of 23,366

Quote:
Quote:

Been on a 6 month jones for the secret feature.  Can you confirm the BIG feature?  Any winners on here for guessing it?  How was your Bday?

Once I have final dates locked, I'll start to leak some more!   Watch me and Erick though in the coming weeks, we'll have new prototypes. RE Winner - I think there was a winner, so I'll get them a prototype.

Birthday was amazing, my biggest gift was that my co-producer of music on Subliminal, DJ and House Music TV owner, Lee Kalt, got married on a small private Island in the keys!  

My close friend Erick Morillo and I were there to witness the spectacular event along with my girlfriend, DJ Soxxi. In fact, Erick Morillo and Subliminal records played a vital role in V-MODA's history AND M-100.  Erick/Subliminal inspired me to start V-MODA and encouraged me when I was just a poor fan with a dream.  When I was on tour with him years later on a broken leg, we came up with the idea for both Faders and M-100!   Subliminal is also why I don't release many of my records, Erick has a different view on how to do things and it inspires me to be unique.  For instance, he said if you save your best and original remixes for live performances, people HAVE to see you in person to hear the best music! 

Necessity in the modern mobile Macbook studio, stage, road and a large variety of feedback plays a critical role on the fine details and features. Very different than MNAs (marketing needs analysis) that start from the boardroom, as we actually took many ideas from here at Head-Fi! 

Erick Morillo, Val Kolton + DJ Soxxi

PS - wore M-100 on a run today starting from Versace mansion!

Apr 9, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #955 of 23,366

Quote:
wait....so I CAN preorder now??? How??

Sorry, we are working on setting it up - once we have FINAL details, photos we'll start.  But, we need to do pre-orders about 2 weeks before launch, optimally and legally from what I can tell.   I'll know more tonight how this tooling run went, fingers CROSS(fadED)! 

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #957 of 23,366

Alright, time for final guesses. My guesses are a swiveling ear cup(although not likely unless the fabled V-moda connectors changed), left OR right cable plugs based on how Val kept saying right side is the future : P(I feel like this would be a hard design implementation to have both though), and non-screw based shields!

Apr 10, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #958 of 23,366
Its 12:30am here. I honestly do not think I should sleep because of all of this AWESOME DEVELOPMENT!!!!!

Also Val, As someone who wishes to nearly have the dream to run a business such as yours, what are some pointers? I thought about getting a DJ rig set up with a friend of mine and go ahead with it as a hobby and if we ever got good enough offer up cheap entertainment for parties and whatnot. I live near 3 colleges and there is always something going on. I have always had the passion to DJ but have not followed up on it due to financials (hell I do not even have my own house yet and I am engaged, how embarrassing..) but I do still dream of one day getting a proper rig.

Aye, I could have been a Doctor, a Physiologist, A Proper Chef, But I chose IT administration, as its the quickest to obtain and the widest available job in most places. Plus I just have a natural "knack" with systems..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back