V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 9, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #931 of 23,366

Quote:
Was wondering if the custom shields made for M-80 would be compatible on the new M-100's.

Nope. M-100s, from everything we know so far, will be similar, if not exactly, the same size as the LPs. Unless he does a double shield design wherein a smaller shield sits within the frame of a bigger one. Maybe this is how one blocks the vents? You listening, Val? 
wink_face.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:12 AM Post #932 of 23,366

Quote:
Nope. M-100s, from everything we know so far, will be similar, if not exactly, the same size as the LPs. Unless he does a double shield design wherein a smaller shield sits within the frame of a bigger one. Maybe this is how one blocks the vents? You listening, Val? 
wink_face.gif

There are plenty of ways which the vents can be redesigned to not let in as much air as they used to and at the same time still provide what is needed. Whatever the case I am sure Val has greatly gone into consideration seeing that it was one of the only true fallbacks of the M-80's in reviews/suggestions.

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY VAL!!

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #933 of 23,366
Apr 9, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #934 of 23,366
Alright Guys Pardon for asking such a @#$% question but thing is I am going to buy M-80 either today or tomorrow. I saw people talking about M-100 now I can wait for them only if the they have similar can size ... Like if they are bigger than M-80, which will result being less portable, than I guess I will order M-80 today through amazon.
A quick response will be greatly appreciated.
atsmile.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #935 of 23,366
From what I've read, it appears that the M-100 will be a full size, on over ear version of the M-80.

BTW the M-80 is fab, I got one a few days ago and am loving it.

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #937 of 23,366
Oooops sorry I meant Over Ear. 
confused_face.gif

Apr 9, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #939 of 23,366
I can't be much help on that one, I'm in the UK, but I did get mine from Amazon.

Apr 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #940 of 23,366

Quote:
Oh alright, well I guess I am gonna order M-80 from Amazon. They are currently $195 now. Did you pay the same or you got a good deal from somewhere else ?

Maybe try promo code HEADFI on V-MODA.com. It might get you a 14.4% discount. At any rate, order from V-MODA and get a free set of crimson shields, free audio-only cable, free 1/4" adapter, and other goodies. 

Apr 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #941 of 23,366

Quote:
Maybe try promo code HEADFI on V-MODA.com. It might get you a 14.4% discount. At any rate, order from V-MODA and get a free set of crimson shields, free audio-only cable, free 1/4" adapter, and other goodies. 

Well the HEADFI coupon didn't work but I did some search and found another one ... 14.5% Off plus bunch of other goodies ...
gs1000.gif
Now I hope they stand up to all the praise they get here. OOOooo I can't wait.

Apr 9, 2012 at 2:16 PM Post #942 of 23,366

Quote:
Alright Guys Pardon for asking such a @#$% question but thing is I am going to buy M-80 either today or tomorrow. I saw people talking about M-100 now I can wait for them only if the they have similar can size ... Like if they are bigger than M-80, which will result being less portable, than I guess I will order M-80 today through amazon.
A quick response will be greatly appreciated.
atsmile.gif

Let me just say that I have been waiting on the M-100's since word started to spread on them. I was originally going to get the M-80's for x-mas but at the last minute called it off for the sake of getting the M-100's. ( Only enough money to get one, might as well get the upgraded version) Plus I have a big head with big ears, I cannot help but think the M-80's would look awkward on me. The M-100's being full size would be the better option.

Plus latest word is that the M-100's are foldable. Portability is there, but to me it does not matter as long as the product comes out with great sound and are built with durability in mind. Thats what got my attention to V-Moda in the first place. I do not make much cash and I can safely say I can rarely cash out anything that would be considered a hobby of mine since I am saving up for an apartment with my fiancee. Music is very important to me and I have always wanted some true cans. However due to the majority of them not holding up well for long (whether it be cable issues or the construction) I have not been able to find anything with durability and wonderful sound quality in mind.

That is, until I found out about V-Moda..

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #943 of 23,366

Quote:
Let me just say that I have been waiting on the M-100's since word started to spread on them. I was originally going to get the M-80's for x-mas but at the last minute called it off for the sake of getting the M-100's. ( Only enough money to get one, might as well get the upgraded version) Plus I have a big head with big ears, I cannot help but think the M-80's would look awkward on me. The M-100's being full size would be the better option.

Plus latest word is that the M-100's are foldable. Portability is there, but to me it does not matter as long as the product comes out with great sound and are built with durability in mind. Thats what got my attention to V-Moda in the first place. I do not make much cash and I can safely say I can rarely cash out anything that would be considered a hobby of mine since I am saving up for an apartment with my fiancee. Music is very important to me and I have always wanted some true cans. However due to the majority of them not holding up well for long (whether it be cable issues or the construction) I have not been able to find anything with durability and wonderful sound quality in mind.

That is, until I found out about V-Moda..

To be honest I was in the same boat as you are, don't have enough money to buy both plus didn't have the patience to wait more especially people are saying that they will be full size. I prefer on-ear over over-ear due to more portability.
Yes fold-able cans are great but I can't work-out in the gym with full size cans, to me looks a little silly. If M100's will be something between LP's and 80's in size than I guess I will hit my head hard into the wall for not waiting, God it's hard to make money these days and "Rent is too damn high
angry_face.gif
". Well now since I order a pair ... Nothing I can do other than to wait for them.

I hope VAL will soon reveal some significant about the M100's.

Apr 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #945 of 23,366
I'm personally very interested in seeing the frequency response graph. Wonder how long we will have to wait for all the beans to be spilled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back