V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 5, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #901 of 23,366

Quote:
Nice to know Val! Also loving these hints you are dropping us!!!!

As to the delay on the M-100's, is there a chance of them still releasing before the end of July or is it completely up in the air now?

Good question ^^ I am in a limbo here, waiting in suspense. TBH as much as I'm going to appreciate the special features, it's ALL about the sound for me. I just can't wait to finally hear these and I'm not sure how many times I've said this or thought this lol. But that's pretty much all I can think when coming to this thread.

However...

I am patient. And will keep trying to be patient :) I'm sure it will be more than worth the wait.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #902 of 23,366
Thank You, Val!! Why does nobody ever say thank you?? D:

We do and we have. Read back about twenty posts. I did it by buying the V-80s and promising to buy the M-100. Also, thanks Val.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #904 of 23,366
Eh... if its the guessing game then I may as well throw in a few tries again!

-Angled drivers (cause i dont know if they already are or not)
-Included interchangeable parts to alter sound
-secret stash under shields lol
-different pads to choose from

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #905 of 23,366

Quote:
Eh... if its the guessing game then I may as well throw in a few tries again!

-Angled drivers (cause i dont know if they already are or not)
-Included interchangeable parts to alter sound
-secret stash under shields lol
-different pads to choose from

This I'd like very much personally, at least make them swappable as the LP2 pads didn't fit well for me.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #906 of 23,366
Me too.  I love the sound of the LP's, but they aren't truly 'over-ears' for me.  They are effectively on ears and I can't wear them long very comfortably.  My Q701's and D1100's are over ears, just as a point of reference.  Wondering if anyone here has done any mods to address this issue specifically? We of the Dumbo-eared misfits would greatly appreciate it!

Apr 6, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #908 of 23,366
...do something different but just as exciting with the packaging.  

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:03 PM Post #911 of 23,366

Quote:
Don't know if anyone's said this, but perhaps the new feature is interchangeable shields that turn the headphone from closed to open?

Really hard to fine tune the sound like that. Try placing some electrical tape over the M-80 vents and see how it sounds. 

Personally, I think it's going to be flip around cups.

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:54 AM Post #912 of 23,366
On the Head-Fi home page in the highlight reel Val is holding a pair of headphones.  Hard to tell from the pic but they look quite different.  The earcup looks attached in the center.  Doesnt look like there is a shield...maybe wood? Anyone know what model these are?  Also...just bought an Iphone 4gs 64GB in anticipation of the M100 and Vamp.  Never been an 'apple' person but Val's got me all fired up!  I got the Real Tree camo Otter box to go with it.  Bankroll is tapped now so take all the time you need to get the M100 right.  Oh yeah, THANK YOU! And Happy Birthday!

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #913 of 23,366

Quote:
On the Head-Fi home page in the highlight reel Val is holding a pair of headphones.  Hard to tell from the pic but they look quite different.  The earcup looks attached in the center.  Doesnt look like there is a shield...maybe wood? Anyone know what model these are?  Also...just bought an Iphone 4gs 64GB in anticipation of the M100 and Vamp.  Never been an 'apple' person but Val's got me all fired up!  I got the Real Tree camo Otter box to go with it.  Bankroll is tapped now so take all the time you need to get the M100 right.  Oh yeah, THANK YOU! And Happy Birthday!

Hmm, with the way the earcups are attatched I think its perhaps indicative of a swivel design so maybe peoples guesses of the swivel ear cups are right, I'm no engineer but it looks like a 'tough' design that would allow swivel?

Also if they are wood, of wood effect that looks really sweet and makes them look mch more premium which would make a lot of sense for the new flagship product, I like it.

Give me them now? :)

Much love from England

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #914 of 23,366

Actually, those look an awful lot like the gold M-100s in that video Val posted earlier. Wood grain would be awesome, but from all previous pics and videos I have yet to see evidence of them. I think the only mention of wood, carbon fiber, etc. is from that write up on sound and vision that also mentioned the Revolver. Now there's word of the Milano? Geez. I'm gonna have to sell a kidney.

Apr 7, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #915 of 23,366
Ok eventhough I'm sure this isn't the feature, Val your next model should have a solar panel running across the top of the headband, to amp music and/or charge device. That would be sick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back