V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 28, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #796 of 23,366
Quote:
Would anybody else buy an amp that doubles as a case for an iPod? I would.

No but i would buy one that kills Steve J.... Oh wait

Jokes people jokes

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #798 of 23,366
Quote:
It's not cool to talk ill of the dead, just saying... 

I never liked the guy, but if it bothers you at all, ill delete my comment no problem

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #799 of 23,366
Mar 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #800 of 23,366
Quote:
  1. Kamehameha button :p

I just tried looking up Kamehameha and came up with the first king of Hawaii? 
confused_face_2.gif

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #802 of 23,366
Remember people, Val can only add so much to a product and can please the market so much. If we add too many features (or redundant features such as the iPod dock idea which is why there is an inline iPod cable in the first place) the product would lose sight on its creation which was to please the audiophile market. Not trying to remake "Homer Simpson's car of the future" here. While some prioritizing features will be added others will probably not. I am perfectly fine with that but I am sure there will be those out there that will be sad that it was not their dream spec device. Remember what these are, Headphones. Really, really good headphones.

Also while I am not a big apple fan ( I am impressed with them in the business sense, well until recently..) I can understand why someone would want to work with them for the chance to greatly expand their market by integrating with the majority. That said I am sure the M-100 along with all other V-Moda headsets work on any device with a regular headphone jack. Amps are another game but we will cross that bridge when we come up on it.

So far I have been greatly impressed on how Val has responded to the market and has done as much as he can to please the market while also trying to compete in an economy so fragile right now. Also especially with the M-80 reviews when he gave out models to some just so they could be reviewed, it cannot be easy to let go stock in hopes to increase profit, I would imagine it would be walking the razor's edge of a company that could either stand on its own because the ideas worked or be harmed because the ideas did not work. Its not easy doing all of this, especially at the times we live in where the only popular headsets are the ones that are popular by brand and not by quality. Val (and us) want to change that by making the market know that quality should matter over branding. Its not at all an easy task but given time the numbers will turn in our favor.

Again, I greatly respect Val for his marketing decisions and trying to do his best to please the market going so far to actually talk to them. Its no easy task to do this as a CEO to an up and coming company! I would imagine the stress it might have on someone to do so much and try to please as many people as possible. I hope all goes for the best for him and his company for taking such risks and actually talking to consumers about what they want and connecting with them.

Keep up the great work Val. We will keep dreaming of the day of the release, you keep dreaming of new and innovative ways to wow the audio community!

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #803 of 23,366
I just tried looking up Kamehameha and came up with the first king of Hawaii? :confused_face_2:   

Try searching with "dragon ball z" as additional keywords :p

Remember people, Val can only add so much to a product and can please the market so much. If we add too many features (or redundant features such as the iPod dock idea which is why there is an inline iPod cable in the first place) the product would lose sight on its creation which was to please the audiophile market. Not trying to remake "Homer Simpson's car of the future" here. While some prioritizing features will be added others will probably not. I am perfectly fine with that but I am sure there will be those out there that will be sad that it was not their dream spec device. Remember what these are, Headphones. Really, really good headphones.

Also while I am not a big apple fan ( I am impressed with them in the business sense, well until recently..) I can understand why someone would want to work with them for the chance to greatly expand their market by integrating with the majority. That said I am sure the M-100 along with all other V-Moda headsets work on any device with a regular headphone jack. Amps are another game but we will cross that bridge when we come up on it.

You do know i was joking with that second list features? If you didnt see my previous post, i dont like apple. :) android all the way

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #806 of 23,366
Did I hear reward for the right guesses?
popcorn.gif

Please allow me to refine my guesses for M-100s' secret features:

1) All major mechanical pieces of M-100's cable and Y junction assembly are removable and interchangeable.
2) The piece at the Y junction can accept wireless signal
3)  Interchangeable decorative cable below the Y junction and a "super mic" above the Y junction
4) A one-piece TRS plug that has a removable top 1/8 TRS male portion, which can be detached from a second 1/4 TRS male portion.

Quote:
Is there an award for guessing it right
wink_face.gif

I would guess 2 things related to cable and plug:
1) A inter-changeable Y cable junction that can accept different cables and connections;
2) A TRS plug that can be used for both 1/8 and 1/4 jacks.  

Quote:

OKAY - back to topic on M-100!  yes, virginia I'll monitor this thread and reward the right guesses.  

-v

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #808 of 23,366

Quote:
Would anybody else buy an amp that doubles as a case for an iPod? I would.

I would not want something that just does that even though I have an iPod Touch because I would want to use it with other devices as well.  However, it would be cool if there was a way to attach it that was removeable  such an included basic rubber case you could just slip them into that surrounds both of them or something..idk

Oh and I have a feature guess for the M-100...  Sounds freaking amazing.  lol :)

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #809 of 23,366
Very excited about these M-100's. They are definitely on the top of my list for home use headphones.

On a side note, has there been any discussion on when V Moda might release more colors of the M-80's? I have been wanting to get my wife a pair of white M-80's for her birthday in May. Now it's cutting it really close!

Mar 28, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #810 of 23,366

Quote:
Very excited about these M-100's. They are definitely on the top of my list for home use headphones.

On a side note, has there been any discussion on when V Moda might release more colors of the M-80's? I have been wanting to get my wife a pair of white M-80's for her birthday in May. Now it's cutting it really close!

Yeah Val just said something on the M-80 thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/578207/v-moda-crossfade-m-80-reviews/1335
I'm assuming that means it's really soon but not positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back