V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 6, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #511 of 23,366
I'm a little unsure about the form factor in the form of a Go-DAP.
Once Apple introduces the next iPhone, that means we need another version of the Go-DAP.
I'm intrigued about the idea of a VMODA amp though and I would love to see the synergy between M100 and the amp before I decide on buying.
As it stands, I'm more than happy with my M80 unamped.

From the way Val described the process of making M100, the bar is raised really high and I hope it will be met/surpassed.
Looking forward to the 1st review or preview.

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:12 AM Post #512 of 23,366
Yay, I can save money!!!
Until may....

Was looking for a semi portable dac/amp aswell, so good timing.
If it has USB and optical, then im sold.

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #513 of 23,366
What about the revolver ;O

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #514 of 23,366
Quote:
Vents for sure cause leakage from the outside world, when the wind blows it's like a loudspeaker inside the cans and I have to take them off b/c the wind is louder with the headphones on. I thought however, that part of the problem was the fact that the pads were just sitting on the ears and that fully encompassing the ears would resolve some of my sound woes...

I really hope so b/c I'm sad I feel the need to return the M80 but still have high hopes for the M100!!

Sounds like the vents alright. :< I have the similar problems sometimes with my other headphones, which the vents whistle with the wind. Or takes lower frequencies and refract them into higher pitches or something. I guess then plugging the vents will greatly alter the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by songmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, I hope that new amp/DAC is portable and can bypass an iPhone's internal DAC, like CLAS or HP-P1. It would be wonderful to be something like the VentureCraft Go-DAP, which an iPhone perfectly fits into.

I want to see the new amp/DAC too! Will it make me regret my recent e17 purchase!? maybe my brother can get this instead since he doesn't like the form factor of the e17.
But yeah, doubt it will be able to bypass that... or at least I kind of wish it doesn't. There's just so much royalty fees with that involved and would make the amp/DAC so much more expensive. If that wasn't the reason why the HP-P1 is priced as it is @_@

Mar 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #515 of 23,366
While I may not be the "majority" I do hope the amp is not just for iPhone/iPod Touch. It would be awesome if its something that can be used universally on all portables like the e11 or the e17.

If it is just for Apple Products I will probably just get a fiio. Nothing against it I just do not own any apple products and I do not plan on so anytime soon.

Mar 6, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #516 of 23,366
Yeah, I echo that sentiment, Val.  Y'all need to do a bit of a teaser post as to what's in this amp/DAC and what separates it from others in its class, whatever class that may be.  Personally, I'm in the mix of folks that has been on a waiting list for the Fiio E17 and should be in the next group shipment towards the end of this month.  I won't ALSO buy this one, but I may buy it INSTEAD if I have some inkling of what's being offered. 

Getting back on-topic, I'm thrilled to hear that the 100 has passed yet another hurdle towards production!  I'll happily pump music through the original LP's until I can trade up for them in a few months! 

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #517 of 23,366
Oh wow interesting!

Amp/DAC. Is this the one for the iPhone?
I've been waiting for the E17 to hit the US market, but if this V-MODA amp is not just the iPhone amp, then I might be very interested.

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:38 PM Post #518 of 23,366
Congrats Val. :) Glad to hear the M-100 is finally locked and loaded. Can't tell you how excited I am to finally hear them and I haven't forgotten about their reported 'colossal' soundstage.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #519 of 23,366
Val, you wanted MP input, so here's my $0.02....

Beware of factory leaks, make sure you have safeguards against fugazi!

From where I live, the # of fugazis for sale > genuine... although I'm glad i haven't seen any from your brand. I'm one of the happy few who is lucky to own a V-MODA over here.... If only I had the resources to set up a V-MODA monarchy in my place lol......

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:46 AM Post #520 of 23,366
Hey Val, how large/heavy would this M-100 be, compared to M-80 and LP2? Since M-100's over-ear I'm guessing it will be bigger and less portable than M-80, but is it going to be even bigger than the LP2?

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #521 of 23,366

Quote:
Everybody - it's hard to add countries and too many retailers at once, especially with the current evolving retail environment.  It creates a huge risk for a family owned and customer focused business that is unique.  I cannot think of another business model in the world that holds true to its core values as V-MODA, and this is why I feel we are special in not becoming a profit focused corporation.  I may in fact care more about hearing loss than our headphones, I think that speaks VOLUMES about our motivation and care for the craft. 

I'd love to announce the following with overbearing emotions... M-100 is now locked and so is our new AMPLIFIER/DAC!!!!!!!!!   They are ABSOLUTE VOODOO and took many years of R&D incorporating every voice I have ever heard and read.  It's a tribute to the "people's team", founded upon the spirit of my open-source software development and BBS days.  

To finalize MP dates, we are now in our destructive tests, EV and DV stage validations...If it weren't for M-100's TOP SECRET feature that could delay the project, I have a feeling we'll pass with flying colors and hit a May 7th production deadline and ship by May 15th for both.

Onwards!  Please pour in, every comment counts for MP (mass production)...

Congrats Val I'm looking forward to listening to the M100 and comparing it to my M80. I'm happy you're also going the portable amp\dac route. Any plans in the near future for a high end IEM?

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #522 of 23,366

Quote:
Hey Val, how large/heavy would this M-100 be, compared to M-80 and LP2? Since M-100's over-ear I'm guessing it will be bigger and less portable than M-80, but is it going to be even bigger than the LP2?

Seconding this post, also very curious - it will probably be the biggest factor in deciding what pair of cans I get as i'm being fussy as I can only afford 1 pair of high quality phones  and I need to use them for everything (on the go on the way to work, studying in the library.. at home on my desktop for 5+ hours at a time, movies, gaming etc) and the LP2's seemed to fit the bill however when I heard about the M-100 and heard some audiophiles describing the bass of the LP2's as muddy and lacking in the mids I decided to wait for the M-100's, if they remain a similar size to the LP2's and remain somewhat portable then they will be the ultimate headphones for what I want, I understand my requirements arent exactly ideal as i'd buy multiple phones but I cant afford that at the moment, being a student is lame sometimes.

Anyway, congrats V-moda for making such an awesome pair of headphones they look simply amazing and cant wait to get a hold of a pair -
Any info on the size of these beauties would be much appreciated.

JB

Mar 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #523 of 23,366

Quote:

Seconding this post, also very curious - it will probably be the biggest factor in deciding what pair of cans I get as i'm being fussy as I can only afford 1 pair of high quality phones  and I need to use them for everything (on the go on the way to work, studying in the library.. at home on my desktop for 5+ hours at a time, movies, gaming etc) and the LP2's seemed to fit the bill however when I heard about the M-100 and heard some audiophiles describing the bass of the LP2's as muddy and lacking in the mids I decided to wait for the M-100's, if they remain a similar size to the LP2's and remain somewhat portable then they will be the ultimate headphones for what I want, I understand my requirements arent exactly ideal as i'd buy multiple phones but I cant afford that at the moment, being a student is lame sometimes.

Anyway, congrats V-moda for making such an awesome pair of headphones they look simply amazing and cant wait to get a hold of a pair -
Any info on the size of these beauties would be much appreciated.

JB

M-100 is about same size as LP2 when worn - we can't keep great ergos down.   I am trying different ear cushion diameters, but so far I am not thrilled. There is something else about M-100 that is different, overall however.

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #524 of 23,366

Quote:
M-100 is about same size as LP2 when worn - we can't keep great ergos down.   I am trying different ear cushion diameters, but so far I am not thrilled. There is something else about M-100 that is different, overall however.

Such a tease, Val!! I know what's different, though. They're made out of Unobtainium, right? So they weigh like 2oz.? And they're completely flexible like a piece of rope, but when you plug them in to a source an electro charge makes them turn rigid and indestructible. Right, right?

Seriously though, I've been following this thread since before it was started, and I can't wait to slip on a pair of M-100s 
beyersmile.png

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #525 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back