V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 24, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #21,991 of 23,366
  But there are definitely other, cheaper closed backs that do gaming just as well and better.

But can't do music within the same stratosphere...soooo?  For a lot of people a do-it all REALLY well headphone is better than having a few specialized ones.  Like me.  :)  M100 w/ the boom mic and it's a damn fine gaming headset.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #21,992 of 23,366

But there are definitely other, cheaper closed backs that do gaming just as well and better.

But can't do music within the same stratosphere...soooo?  For a lot of people a do-it all REALLY well headphone is better than having a few specialized ones.  Like me.  :)  M100 w/ the boom mic and it's a damn fine gaming headset.

Eh. The UE6000 sounds just as good, if not better than the M100 imo. That plus the Modmic is a better combination. Plus, a huge amount of bass isn't always good in games. The sound engineers already put so much in to begin with.
Also, there's a little bit of a logic gap in thinking that headphones that are the best for gaming aren't the best for music. They both need the headphone to be good. I'm pretty sure most of us could agree the SR-009 is the best for gaming if we could all test it.
Also, that IGN article was crap. They featured the Turtle Beach X12, a headphone definitely worse than the Beats Solo.
Again, the M100 should really only be an option for portable bassheads, so basically the Beats crowd who don't like Beats headphones and would like a durable headphone to function as a 'beater' can. It definitely doesn't have a sound advantage over the competition, unless you prefer the way it's tuned.

Sep 24, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #21,993 of 23,366
Eh. The UE6000 sounds just as good, if not better than the M100 imo. That plus the Modmic is a better combination. Plus, a huge amount of bass isn't always good in games. The sound engineers already put so much in to begin with.
Also, there's a little bit of a logic gap in thinking that headphones that are the best for gaming aren't the best for music. They both need the headphone to be good. I'm pretty sure most of us could agree the SR-009 is the best for gaming if we could all test it.
Also, that IGN article was crap. They featured the Turtle Beach X12, a headphone definitely worse than the Beats Solo.
Again, the M100 should really only be an option for portable bassheads, so basically the Beats crowd who don't like Beats headphones and would like a durable headphone to function as a 'beater' can. It definitely doesn't have a sound advantage over the competition, unless you prefer the way it's tuned.

My opinion is better than yours xDDDDDD

Sep 24, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #21,994 of 23,366

Exactly, now that games have decent soundtracks or can stream from Spotify, you need good headphones for music while gaming.

Why do you need close at home?  Semi-closed are superior in that environment for 3D.

Also, Binaural can do 3D... you cannot have multiple drivers and crossovers and have consistent sound.

I think I thought of everything, let me know if I am wrong!!!  Plus you can use it with iPad, XBOX, PS4, iPhone and Android with ZERO latency.

This is why Bungee/Microsoft team uses M-100 even!

Have you heard BoomPro mic in noisy environments?

Check it out!

-V

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #21,995 of 23,366
Can we hope for a m200 with 60mm driver to offer even more subwoofer air pushing effect + Dedicated medium/high driver (2-way drivers) and more isolation ? (Noise cancelling or new technology from earpads that permit to isolate even more) ? Or am i dreaming and have to think as the vmoda wireless has just come out there won't be anything new before at least 1 year ?!!

Sep 25, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #21,996 of 23,366
Still waiting for their next release so the M-100 would get another price decrease 
L3000.gif

Sep 25, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #21,998 of 23,366
Is there any type of news on the Revolvers?

I'm currently using the Audio Technicha MSR7 which I absolutely LOVE. I've already made up my mind that I'm not even going to try another V-Moda headphone until the Revolvers release. I've already owned the LP2's and The M100's which were my first venture into high end audiophile headphones.

Sep 27, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #21,999 of 23,366

Why do you need close at home?  Semi-closed are superior in that environment for 3D.

Also, Binaural can do 3D... you cannot have multiple drivers and crossovers and have consistent sound.

I think I thought of everything, let me know if I am wrong!!!  Plus you can use it with iPad, XBOX, PS4, iPhone and Android with ZERO latency.

This is why Bungee/Microsoft team uses M-100 even!

Have you heard BoomPro mic in noisy environments?

Eww.  5.1.  I'm not talking about the gimmicky gaming headphones.  I'm saying that lots of cheaper closed backs are better for gaming, and imo sound better for music.  Things like the DT770, UE6000, and other things.  Though, as far as bassy headphones go, the M100s work.  They are decent bassy portables.
And BoomPro, from what I've heard, is pretty good, though I'm not sure what that has to do with the M100.

Sep 27, 2015 at 7:50 PM Post #22,001 of 23,366
  Eww.  5.1.  I'm not talking about the gimmicky gaming headphones.  I'm saying that lots of cheaper closed backs are better for gaming, and imo sound better for music.  Things like the DT770, UE6000, and other things.  Though, as far as bassy headphones go, the M100s work.  They are decent bassy portables.
And BoomPro, from what I've heard, is pretty good, though I'm not sure what that has to do with the M100.

Ummm...the Boom Pro is a microphone that attaches to the M100 for use as a gaming headset.  So if you don't even know THAT, then how do you know how good of a gaming headset the M100 is?  The UE6000, lol.  Laughable.

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

Sep 27, 2015 at 10:57 PM Post #22,002 of 23,366

Ummm...the Boom Pro is a microphone that attaches to the M100 for use as a gaming headset.  So if you don't even know THAT, then how do you know how good of a gaming headset the M100 is?  The UE6000, lol.  Laughable.

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

The M100 isn't the only headphone with a removeable AUX cable (any will work with the BoomPro.  You can technically just run it through the mic slot, and bring it close to your face, and it will work just fine), and the UE6000 can be found for around $115 online.  Sounds better than the M100 with the ANC off, though that just may be my bias toward a more natural sound signature and a more coherent headphone altogether :p
I'm talking about the sonic capability of the M100.  As much as everyone raves about the soundstage, it's not really that good.  That imaging isn't too great either, and micro detail isn't good.  Though, people talk about the "immersion" of bassy cans (Tbh, the game designers put in too much bass for me to like it), and that's when you could use this for that, though comfort will never be very good on this headphone.  I truly don't see what makes this a good gaming headphone.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #22,003 of 23,366
Crossfade M-100 Matte Black is finally shipping again soon in 1-2 weeks, its been a long time!

$249 retailers or $270 custom on V-MODA.com

-V

Sep 30, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #22,004 of 23,366
  The M100 isn't the only headphone with a removeable AUX cable (any will work with the BoomPro.  You can technically just run it through the mic slot, and bring it close to your face, and it will work just fine), and the UE6000 can be found for around $115 online.  Sounds better than the M100 with the ANC off, though that just may be my bias toward a more natural sound signature and a more coherent headphone altogether :p
I'm talking about the sonic capability of the M100.  As much as everyone raves about the soundstage, it's not really that good.  That imaging isn't too great either, and micro detail isn't good.  Though, people talk about the "immersion" of bassy cans (Tbh, the game designers put in too much bass for me to like it), and that's when you could use this for that, though comfort will never be very good on this headphone.  I truly don't see what makes this a good gaming headphone.

It's not the greatest gaming headphone, but considering how easy it is to drive (in my case from my PS4 controller), the BoomPro add-on, and it's portability, I think it has some merit depending on your use case. I've quite enjoyed mine this past week, but I was specifically in the market for a bassy headphone. 

Sep 30, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #22,005 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back