V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 12, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #21,227 of 23,366
Or buy the XL pads. For me it was the lack of space that made them unbearable.

Dec 13, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #21,228 of 23,366
@samgranieri if clamping force is the source of the problem you can try to bend the headband, just a bit more than flat... be careful and grab them above the plastic v-shaped ends of the headband though. I think there was a video where Val showed how to do that, but I could not find it.

http://v-moda.com/faq#crossfades

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #21,229 of 23,366
Well, I just finished reading through almost every single one of the 1400+ pages in this thread. I'm a little bit proud, mostly ashamed but damn glad I ultimately decided to pull the trigger on the M-100's. Listening to them as I type and they've been nothing but great for the past week. Unfortunately my initial experience was somewhat dissatisfying as the pair I purchased from Best Buy initially, had a screw broken off in the shield and a nice scratch on that ear-cup to boot. The hinge also made no audible clicks on that side either. I contacted V-MODA and they sent out a replacement pair no questions asked. Must have been shot out of a cannon too since it only took 2 days to get to me in NH from CA. Overall, a great experience. Thanks to those that contributed constructively to this thread and thanks to Val for putting the customer and sound first. 

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #21,230 of 23,366
  Well, I just finished reading through almost every single one of the 1400+ pages in this thread. I'm a little bit proud, mostly ashamed but damn glad I ultimately decided to pull the trigger on the M-100's. Listening to them as I type and they've been nothing but great for the past week. Unfortunately my initial experience was somewhat dissatisfying as the pair I purchased from Best Buy initially, had a screw broken off in the shield and a nice scratch on that ear-cup to boot. The hinge also made no audible clicks on that side either. I contacted V-MODA and they sent out a replacement pair no questions asked. Must have been shot out of a cannon too since it only took 2 days to get to me in NH from CA. Overall, a great experience. Thanks to those that contributed constructively to this thread and thanks to Val for putting the customer and sound first. 

Wow, there's someone else who reads as much as me?

Dec 14, 2014 at 4:40 PM Post #21,232 of 23,366
  Wow, there's someone else who reads as much as me?

I've red most of this thread too, but I don't usually post. I'm also glad to find strong readers!

Is there some kind of medal we can get from Headfi for this?
L3000.gif
 Especially with as much drivel as we had to sort through to find the useful bits! 

Dec 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #21,233 of 23,366
The crack in the ear cups where the screws attach the metal plate is a major issue that needs to be addressed accordingly, I just received two damaged white and silver V-Moda M-100's in which I ordered from amazon.com.I really do love these headphones but cannot accept a product especially when you spend close to 300.00 for, so now I will contact V-moda to see if they can send me one from them!

Dec 21, 2014 at 5:40 PM Post #21,235 of 23,366
  Shame for this too... , I think I can replace this part by myself but the distributor in my country said they can't import only this part. So I have to wear this in public. God damn.

I'd contact V-Moda directly and see if they can arrange something.

Dec 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #21,236 of 23,366
I have contact v-moda support team already and they try to help me but I have to send my m-100 to them. If I do so I will don't have a headphone to use and that's nightmare. So I just give up for this and hope next crossfade will be more durable and production team be more careful about this issues. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #21,237 of 23,366
  I have contact v-moda support team already and they try to help me but I have to send my m-100 to them. If I do so I will don't have a headphone to use and that's nightmare. So I just give up for this and hope next crossfade will be more durable and production team be more careful about this issues. 

I'm in much the same position as you. I'm not paying to send  them all the way back to the USA for repair of a fault that should never have happened in the first place. Unlike you though I hope for nothing from V-Moda in future because they won't be getting any of my money again. There's no excuse for bad materials at this price.

Dec 22, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #21,239 of 23,366
I'm now looking for another closed portable but whatever I choose will be much cheaper this time. I simply can't afford to take another hit on my wallet like I did with the M-100.

Dec 22, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #21,240 of 23,366
@Zorrofox If you're after a cheaper durable headphone with a rather neutral signature, take a look at the German Maestro GMP 8.35D. I bought the JFB branded version to have a robust option at hand if my 2-year old son wants to play with headphones :wink: So far it worked out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back