V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 4, 2014 at 3:21 PM Post #21,211 of 23,366
  So are you going to buy the XL pads? they are a lot more comfortable, and are only 20 bucks.

Not yet.  They don't irritate my ears as they just barely touch.  If my ears start getting sore I'll think about it.  I just like how they are compact and close to my head.  I don't have the Princess Leia look.

Dec 4, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #21,212 of 23,366
Yeah I know, that's how I feel when I wear my HE400i they are huge but the sound is incredible so I don't care what I look like. Anyways the M100s are an awesome headphone, I've had mine for awhile now and would never get rid of them.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #21,213 of 23,366
the M100s I ordered this week just came in, and I got the XL pads as well. I upgraded from the Crossfade LPs with the standard pads. 

The xl pads do a great job with isolating noise better than the standard ones. 
I have to expand the headphones all the way down from the band so the clamping down isn't as ridiculously hard. Maybe I just have to break these things in. 

Musicwise, these do fairly well with the trance/techno/pop stuff I listen to on itunes/spotify. I want to find some uncompressed flac/shn files to really evaluate the soundstage on these things. 

I'm trying to become a better audiophile. I'll use this thread as like a journal of my headphones

Dec 5, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #21,214 of 23,366
I just got a pair of these yesterday, and I find them horribly sibilant.  Stock pads, listening through both my Z3C and Laptop >> CMoyBB.  Specifically Ellie Goulding songs and John Mayer's "No Such Thing."

What do you guys think?  Defect?  Or am I just overly sensitive?

I found there to be no sibilance on my NVX XPT-100, DT990 Pro.  Sibilance was worse on the DT770 Pro.

Edit: I also can't seem to tell any difference in sound when I cover up the ports on the side...

Dec 5, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #21,215 of 23,366
Thats wierd! I have a DT770 and I find the M100 better because iI find myself wearing it most of the time. I prefer the sound of my M100 than the DT770. For me I find it bassier with my Fiio E09K wich is for sale BTW at the for sale thread.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/742257/fiio-e09k-desktop-headphone-amplifier-w-dac-function-and-usb

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #21,216 of 23,366
The M-100 can sound splashy on some material, in my opinion.

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #21,217 of 23,366
  I just got a pair of these yesterday, and I find them horribly sibilant.  Stock pads, listening through both my Z3C and Laptop >> CMoyBB.  Specifically Ellie Goulding songs and John Mayer's "No Such Thing."

What do you guys think?  Defect?  Or am I just overly sensitive?

I found there to be no sibilance on my NVX XPT-100, DT990 Pro.  Sibilance was worse on the DT770 Pro.

Edit: I also can't seem to tell any difference in sound when I cover up the ports on the side...

I listened to the Ellie Goulding song Burn and yeah... it's silibant. It's the song and not the headphone though. Gross mastering. Something similar with the John Mayer song. Any song off of Continuum however sounds smooth and wonderful and is a better indicator of what you expect with a good recording playing through these.

Dec 7, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #21,218 of 23,366
  I listened to the Ellie Goulding song Burn and yeah... it's silibant. It's the song and not the headphone though. Gross mastering. Something similar with the John Mayer song. Any song off of Continuum however sounds smooth and wonderful and is a better indicator of what you expect with a good recording playing through these.

Thanks, good to know I'm not going crazy.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:49 AM Post #21,220 of 23,366
  What exactly is the revolver?

Thats a question only @valkolton can answer in detail. Its a long time in making V-Moda top model in a way, not a specific product (at least not yet).

Dec 8, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #21,221 of 23,366
I've owned these for a little over a year now. A few pages back, I posted that I couldn't remove the v-cork on my right headphone port. After trying several things, I still couldn't get it. I messaged V-Moda, and they got me to send a video in, and now they sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label for me to send it back to them!
The microphone on the included cable was really static-y so I sent that back as well and just left a note since it wasn't in the original ticket issue. Hope they catch that note too and fix that up for me as well. (should I be mentioning that over my email as well?)

Thanks V-Moda (David and Vanessa helped me out)!

Dec 8, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #21,222 of 23,366
Both drivers of my m100's failed, 1 month after another. I sent mine back to vmoda for repairs a few days ago, I'm hoping this will be the last time I send them back :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back