V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
May 16, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #20,476 of 23,366
  The M-100 could benefit by scaling down in size but keeping the sound as-is.

Actually its quite a feat to get a 50mm driver into such a small package... I don't know any more low-profile fullsize headphone.
I tried the XS yesterday, still not for me: the cups just don't sit correct for me and they would hurt me in the same way the m-80 did. Plus isolation is problematic as they tended to loose contact when moving my head. But when I kept still it was quite impressive what they put out given their minuscule size.

May 16, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #20,477 of 23,366

Actually its quite a feat to get a 50mm driver into such a small package... I don't know any more low-profile fullsize headphone.

Sorry that the XS didn't work for you. They really are lovely sounding cans. I would adore having them for my classical pieces. But for my everyday listening, I've got to have a bass presence that I can hear and feel (It's an emotional attachment). As to big sound in small spaces, we know that it can be done (IEMs are proof of that). All it takes is for one major company to make the move away from gargantuan cans and all the rest will follow. Truth be told, I really prefer NOT looking like Princess Leia on a regular basis. 

May 16, 2014 at 5:20 PM Post #20,478 of 23,366
It will definitely give you the Leila-look, but try the Pandora Hope IV or VI -- fun bass by the pound :wink:
Out of the basshead-cans (which is not my category, with the M-100 being the only exception) I consider the M-100 done with taste. It is colored, of course. But in a fun way.
The XS... well, nice, but not fun enough and not neutral+comfortable enough for me. I have a lot of cans on the other hand, so I'm not too sad to pass one :wink:

May 16, 2014 at 11:58 PM Post #20,479 of 23,366
I haven't been around this thread in quite sometime, but still enjoying my M-100's on a daily basis. I love the M-100's and have really been enjoying them this past year. Now I am intrigued by the XS. This may have been asked already, and if so I apologize, but I'd rather not have to back several hundred pages that I have missed. My question is; how many of you M-100 owners have purchased the XS and how do they compare? My understanding, from reviews, is that the XS has very good mids and this interests me. If this is so, this might be a nice compliment to the slightly recessed mids of the M-100's. Thanks.

May 19, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #20,480 of 23,366
I haven't been around this thread in quite sometime, but still enjoying my M-100's on a daily basis. I love the M-100's and have really been enjoying them this past year. Now I am intrigued by the XS. This may have been asked already, and if so I apologize, but I'd rather not have to back several hundred pages that I have missed. My question is; how many of you M-100 owners have purchased the XS and how do they compare? My understanding, from reviews, is that the XS has very good mids and this interests me. If this is so, this might be a nice compliment to the slightly recessed mids of the M-100's. Thanks.

Hi there, I've purchased both the m-100 and the xs and I have to agree with the crowd here that the mids on the xs is pretty amazing. The bass however is a bit recessed and the treble didn't improve much from the m-80. I constantly finds self wanting more with the xs. As for my m-100 I never had any problem beside the bass being too much sometime, but with a little EQ tweak that problem was easily fix. Hope this helps.

May 19, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #20,481 of 23,366
Tyll's review.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/practically-perfect-every-way-v-moda-xs

May 19, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #20,482 of 23,366
Thanks for the link, I'll be getting the XS for my son's birthday. But shouldn't this be posted in the VMODA XS thread, NOT the M-100 thread?

May 19, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #20,483 of 23,366
Oops. I blame mobile.

May 21, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #20,485 of 23,366
Hi there, I've purchased both the m-100 and the xs and I have to agree with the crowd here that the mids on the xs is pretty amazing. The bass however is a bit recessed and the treble didn't improve much from the m-80. I constantly finds self wanting more with the xs. As for my m-100 I never had any problem beside the bass being too much sometime, but with a little EQ tweak that problem was easily fix. Hope this helps.

Find an amp with a lower output impedance and the M-100 bass will become more natural and well controlled.

May 21, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #20,486 of 23,366
I'm trying to get a pair of custom shields and another pair of XL pads (one of the one they sent me via envelope was pre-squished) but they no longer ship to Malaysia, anyone have any ideas?

I could help you out with that. PM me.

May 22, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #20,488 of 23,366
amazon doesn't do custom shields. they also don't sell the XL pads... there are services that act as drop locations for your shipping and then foward it on, but I've never tried anything like it.
Best thing I can suggest is send them to a friend/family member located someplace they do ship to

May 23, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #20,490 of 23,366

red croc design wif matte black m100.

My portable can combo completed .

Just got the JDS Labs C5d dac+amp. sounds awesome . there's no recessed mids with this combo and with d bass boost , the sub bass and mid bass could be overpowering for some songs. It's nice tough. Thanks to  dbdynsty25 , DrSheep & MiceBlue for recommending the JDS C5D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back