V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 23, 2014 at 12:18 PM Post #20,281 of 23,366
Man V-Moda is still waiting to get the XL pads in, i ordered a week and a half ago, I'm canceling my order.

They were backordered for 3-4 weeks a while ago. V-MODA must make the XLs in small batches, since I imagine the only people buying them are the very small population of head-fiers seeking them out.

Apr 23, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #20,283 of 23,366
Hi there. If a bit of spam is tolerated, I'm selling my V-Moda M100 with a few extras (brushed steel shields, extra v moda cable, xl pads) in Ebay. Ending in 16 hours! Shipping to UK.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/V-Moda-M-100-Headphones-Matte-black-extras-XL-pads-brushed-shields-cable-/261452646707?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item3cdfcac933

I also made some 3D printed adapters for different pads a while ago, I can throw them in if you're interested.

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #20,288 of 23,366
  I also made some 3D printed adapters for different pads a while ago, I can throw them in if you're interested.

Used for what?? and printed on which machine? I have access to a makerbot and some zcorps at work, but I was also debating on trying to print some shields out of resin/SLA, but I worried about torqueing or cracking... do you happen to have any models of the m-100s? Thanks!!

Apr 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #20,289 of 23,366
Used for what?? and printed on which machine? I have access to a makerbot and some zcorps at work, but I was also debating on trying to print some shields out of resin/SLA, but I worried about torqueing or cracking... do you happen to have any models of the m-100s? Thanks!!

I replicated the plastic piece that is holding the ear pads and snaps on the cups, but I made it so outside the cup the piece has a bigger circular shape to fit another pad. I tried some circular velour pads... but it wasn't that successful. The piece worked,though.

Did it with a Solidoodle 3. I'm afraid that's all I did, I didn't model anything else. Would be nice to have a full model to play with.

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #20,290 of 23,366
Well things just got complicated.... XD

Now i have the chance of getting a pair of shadow m100's for 150 too....

at first i wanted the shadow but last week since i only had the chance of getting the matte blacks i was starting to like them a bit more.... XD

Now i dont know.... XD

I still think the shadows are more beautifull with the red accents though.... i think i am all in for the shadows,,,, hope i dont regret....

the headband on the shadows seems more durable. at least it seems to handle wear a tear better.....

one question.... am i wrong?

another questions the glossy black paint job around the metal plates gets scratched or looses paint easily? are the matte black better in that regard because of the not "glossy black"? XD

another question.... but now about the sound.... hows the resolution on the m100s? I have to admit that i got a bit spoilled by the momentums because the resolution was the best i have ever heard so far..... i know that both have completely different signatures of course but still i am asking.... :)

Cheers....

Apr 24, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #20,291 of 23,366
one question.... am i wrong?

You're wrong, matte black all the way.

Just kidding! I got the mattes and have no complaints, I like the smart sculpt of the shape on the M-100 while there are no extraneous colors, and I also think the black goes better with my alternate orange shields when I feel like being flashy, but color choice is clearly personal, and red and black go very nicely together. The most important thing about color choice is which one do you like better, which one do you love. You're not gonna go wrong either way, my friend. I've had mine a year, granted I don't exercise while wearing them and generally I baby them, but I have zero cosmetic damage on my pair despite them being my portable headphone choice.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #20,293 of 23,366
  do you think theyre gonna release a new over ear headphone soon? should i wait for it or buy the m100s now.?

All we know about their new headphone at the moment is that it will be over ear, its codename is "Revolver", and Val is trying to make it his magnum opus. (In terms of sound and design.)

Nothing else has been announced. (Though I can't wait to hear more about it.)

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:33 PM Post #20,295 of 23,366
  so i should wait for it?

If you don't want a pair of V-MODA headphones for a few years, then yes. Other than the name and a few sentences about them from Val, there is no information about them other then conceptually. Just enjoy the now, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back