V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 3, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #20,012 of 23,366
  It looks just like that artist logo avicii 

Yes,maybe, but only the A and V.

By the way: It doesn't look exactly like avicii one.
My logo is like "soft" and aviciis like without soft.

I think that I won't change the logo, I think it looks
OK.

Is anyone interested in the new matte blue shields?

Let's do a comparison between the matte black and the
matte blue.

And let's do a comparison between m100 matte black
and shadow.

Apr 3, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #20,014 of 23,366
Sooooo I've had my M100's for a just over a year now. Still love them. All the talk about cracks made me check and I havent had one yet. They still look fantastic. 

I got the white and changed the shields to red. I wear mine while lifting weights working out so they actually get banged around a little but they appear to have held up pretty well. I have a few scratches on the shields but no cracks as of now.

And the sound ?? Love it ! 

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #20,015 of 23,366
  Sooooo I've had my M100's for a just over a year now. Still love them. All the talk about cracks made me check and I havent had one yet. They still look fantastic. 

I got the white and changed the shields to red. I wear mine while lifting weights working out so they actually get banged around a little but they appear to have held up pretty well. I have a few scratches on the shields but no cracks as of now.

And the sound ?? Love it ! 

Same here, I got one of the prototype ones that got tested on and no cracks at all so that'd be a year and a half now. I drop them frequently too (I forget they're on the table and attached to the phone in my pocket. oops). 

Apr 3, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #20,016 of 23,366
I think the cracking issue affects a very a small amount of people, but since everyone talks about it here it seems like a lot. The M-100 has 524 reviews on Amazon and of the 524 only 37 are 3 stars or below. Most of the 2 and 1 star reviews are based on people having comfort issues, or not digging the sound signature. Some of the 3 star reviews were people not liking the sound for the price. Nothing about build or defects. If I only count the complaints about cracking issues or whatnot, only 4 out of the 524 negative reviews are about build issues (and one is about the SpeakEasy cable unraveling after a year. My cable did the same, btw). That's a .76% defect rate. It's lower if you discount the cable complaint.

Sure, 524 Amazon reviews isn't a large sample size and very few people take the time to review a product anyway. However, those who have issues, such as cracks, are more likely to complain than those who are satisfied. Since people with defects are more likely to speak up about them it could mean that the defect percentage is even lower than .76%. I've had my M-100 for over a year and it's been abused to a small degree (dropped onto cement on the sidewalk while doing parkour) and they have no cracks.

I have 3 friends who own them as well and one of them has the cracking issue on his Shadow M-100. If all I counted were the 4 of us, our defect percentage would be 25%. Much higher than the larger Amazon population. Head-Fi is somewhere in the middle of that. Out of the hundred or so people who post on this thread, maybe a dozen have had the cracks? What's that? 12%? And that's not counting all the people who read this thing without ever posting, but bought an M-100 because of our discussions. 12% is still high, but it's not representative of M-100 build quality as a whole. Couple that with the 2-year warranty and the cracks almost become a non-issue.

Apr 3, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #20,017 of 23,366
I think the cracking issue affects a very a small amount of people, but since everyone talks about it here it seems like a lot. The M-100 has 524 reviews on Amazon and of the 524 only 37 are 3 stars or below. Most of the 2 and 1 star reviews are based on people having comfort issues, or not digging the sound signature. Some of the 3 star reviews were people not liking the sound for the price. Nothing about build or defects. If I only count the complaints about cracking issues or whatnot, only 4 out of the 524 negative reviews are about build issues (and one is about the SpeakEasy cable unraveling after a year. My cable did the same, btw). That's a .76% defect rate. It's lower if you discount the cable complaint.

Sure, 524 Amazon reviews isn't a large sample size and very few people take the time to review a product anyway. However, those who have issues, such as cracks, are more likely to complain than those who are satisfied. Since people with defects are more likely to speak up about them it could mean that the defect percentage is even lower than .76%. I've had my M-100 for over a year and it's been abused to a small degree (dropped onto cement on the sidewalk while doing parkour) and they have no cracks.

I have 3 friends who own them as well and one of them has the cracking issue on his Shadow M-100. If all I counted were the 4 of us, our defect percentage would be 25%. Much higher than the larger Amazon population. Head-Fi is somewhere in the middle of that. Out of the hundred or so people who post on this thread, maybe a dozen have had the cracks? What's that? 12%? And that's not counting all the people who read this thing without ever posting, but bought an M-100 because of our discussions. 12% is still high, but it's not representative of M-100 build quality as a whole. Couple that with the 2-year warranty and the cracks almost become a non-issue.

Excellent post which rather puts things into perspective.

Apr 3, 2014 at 5:43 PM Post #20,019 of 23,366
Even though they are described as having military grade materials they are still headphones. And personally I treat them like any other headphone I have,which is delicately. I do feel for those who have cracks and hope V Moda properly takes care of your investment.

Apr 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #20,020 of 23,366

Great logical perspective..

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:55 PM Post #20,021 of 23,366
Trying to swap my Shadow M100 for a Matte Black M100. Currently in talks with support, but if anyone on head-fi wants to swap, that'd be great.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #20,022 of 23,366
Trying to swap my Shadow M100 for a Matte Black M100. Currently in talks with support, but if anyone on head-fi wants to swap, that'd be great.

Anyone know if the Matte shields will look goofy on the Shadow model? That's a concern for me.

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:19 PM Post #20,023 of 23,366
I'm wearing the M's right now. It's the first I've really used them with the ODAC & O2. It's good having these as well as the Q701's as it opens up other areas of my library. I'll link to some tracks but I'm not controlling the quality. YouTube is way too slow where I'm living so I'm listening to my own FLAC files. YMMV. Check these out...

Space Shanty by Leftfield (should sound punchy, punchy, punchy).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjDYPovQblM

No More Tears by The KLF (watch out for the bass on this one, seriously).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0c1rEr61z0

Heat Miser by Massive Attack (I find this damn creepy)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D94dqOpjkpw&rdm=128kgl65i&layout=tablet&client=mv-google

Enjoy.

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #20,024 of 23,366
I'm wearing the M's right now. It's the first I've really used them with the ODAC & O2. It's good having these as well as the Q701's as it opens up other areas of my library. I'll link to some tracks but I'm not controlling the quality. YouTube is way too slow where I'm living so I'm listening to my own FLAC files. YMMV. Check these out...

Did you hear a difference? I don't think I was able to hear much switching between Sony Walkman and ODAC/O2

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #20,025 of 23,366

Space Shanty by Leftfield (should sound punchy, punchy, punchy).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LjDYPovQblM

No More Tears by The KLF (watch out for the bass on this one, seriously).

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0c1rEr61z0

Heat Miser by Massive Attack (I find this damn creepy)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D94dqOpjkpw&rdm=128kgl65i&layout=tablet&client=mv-google

Enjoy.

So you have the ODAC and O2 as separates? And how do they sound with the M100s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back