V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 2, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #19,936 of 23,366
No :DD
You didn't understand what I wanted actually to know.

I mean: Which color(white or black) do you have to take in the psd-file
that the text will be engraved in white on the shields by V-MODA?

OK, sorry mate. I understand what you're asking now but I still don't know the answer. Maybe someone who's had it done previously could chip in here.

Good luck.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #19,937 of 23,366
I have it but I did not notice the volume difference between the Auvio and the stock cable like the tests I have seen between the Audio Only cable vs Stock ones so I am returning it. Not only due to that but that I really need it to be at least 4' long to work in my setup better. I wanted to make that Pipeline one from RS work but I didnt dare cutting the plug a little to make it fit lol

Volume differences are simply due to differing impedance. More impedance = less volume; less impedance = more volume. It's not a problem or flaw, merely basic electronics. Simply adjust the volume appropriately.

Can't do anything about the length, though. The AUVIO cables are 3' and they probably won't stretch to 4' without something breaking.

If you're going the route of cutting a plug to fit then you might as well just cut it off entirely and solder on a new plug that does fit.

Apr 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #19,938 of 23,366

No :DD
You didn't understand what I wanted actually to know.

I mean: Which color(white or black) do you have to take in the psd-file
that the text will be engraved in white on the shields by V-MODA?

OK, sorry mate. I understand what you're asking now but I still don't know the answer. Maybe someone who's had it done previously could chip in here.

Good luck.

Black will be engraved, white will not be engraved, greys will be a lighter engraving.

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #19,939 of 23,366

Black will be engraved, white will not be engraved, greys will be a lighter engraving.

Hey :wink:
Thank you very much, you helped me a lot! ;D
Look....in a few days, I'll order my m100's
and I'll let engrave my logo in the shields.
It should have the size of avicii's logo and
it should be engraved in white.
Here is the psd file:

Please give a feedback ;D

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #19,940 of 23,366
Here is the psd file:

Oh, cool: DJ AVETH.
wink.gif

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #19,941 of 23,366
Here is the psd file:

Want a wee tip mate? Stop referring to Avicii all the time.

You're the man!

Apr 2, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #19,944 of 23,366
Want a wee tip mate? Stop referring to Avicii all the time.

You're the man!

True !!

(Glad I'm not the only one who keeps reading it that way.)

Ahaahahahahahaha, so you got a feedback that its not very readable unless u become very fokin famous..

Its DJ Neth dude !!

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #19,945 of 23,366
Guess I won't be getting the M-100's after all. I tried the Momentums again today along with the M-100's and basically; the bass does cover the mids. The treble is barely audible. Momentums offer as much bass imo, while offering clearer mids and highs. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #19,946 of 23,366
  Guess I won't be getting the M-100's after all. I tried the Momentums again today along with the M-100's and basically; the bass does cover the mids. The treble is barely audible. Momentums offer as much bass imo, while offering clearer mids and highs. 

Goes to show how different we can be. I do not see the bass covering the mids really and the momentums are nowhere near as bassy or poses the same full, meaty/balanced sound  to my years as the M-100 under my source and amp. This is why there are so many choices in the market :)

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #19,947 of 23,366

Chalky would disagree...

0370aef30316fc81d721a789a9426b2e_zpsc43d8d9d.jpg

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #19,948 of 23,366

I can understand not being a fan of them, but saying the treble is "barely audible" means either you have some horrible high-frequency hearing loss or you were listening to a pair that had fallen into a swimming pool. Yeah the treble is rolled off but it's so far from "barely audible" it's silly. Also, no, the bass doesn't cover the mids. The mids are recessed, the bass doesn't cover them up. There is a HUGE difference between the two. 

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #19,949 of 23,366
I can understand not being a fan of them, but saying the treble is "barely audible" means either you have some horrible high-frequency hearing loss or you were listening to a pair that had fallen into a swimming pool. Yeah the treble is rolled off but it's so far from "barely audible" it's silly. Also, no, the bass doesn't cover the mids. The mids are recessed, the bass doesn't cover them up. There is a HUGE difference between the two. 

^ this ^

That sparkly treble you think you're hearing in the Senn's might come back to haunt you.

Apr 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM Post #19,950 of 23,366

So true! I have both still and yes the less bassy sound  on the Momentums make the mids a big more pronounced but the difference is so small that it really does not match his description of the two.
^ this ^

That sparkly treble you think you're hearing in the Senn's might come back to haunt you.

hahah so true. I am so happy I listened to my dad about not listening to loud levels. I get bothered by harsh bright speakers because my ears are still in great shape :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back