V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 1, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #19,891 of 23,366
holy crap i just used vocal booster on my ipod touch (reducing some subbass) with the blue eq setting on my fiio e6 (to compensate for that decrease in subbass and even giving the treble more emphasis, not harsh still)

now it retains that m100 bass but the vocals aren't recessed (duh) i think i'm okay with recessed mids cause the m100s have fairly natural but clear mids. i just don't like vocals being recessed i guess! i like my female vocals =)

wow a/bing with my monster turbines another bassy gear (iems) not a fair comparison

the m100s are soo much more superior in terms of clarity, detail

but  i find switching to anything else is a big change

this bass is addicting, i just swapped to my gr07 be and the bass quality was great but was no where near the same amount of impact in the subbass and punch. the gr07 be bass decay is faster but the m100 is no slouch on its own

i just ordered the xs but now i'm really debating on swapping it out for a white m100

and i already stated how great the treble is its extended well and sparkly without fatigue especially for more electronic, house music

i dunno about others here, but the bottom of my neck is rubbing against the m100s when around my neck, kinda irritating, i have to extend my neck when wearing around my neck

i don't think my neck is particularly short but surprised this is happening

getting my xs in a few days gonna need some extensive head time with both, will post my impressions 

both are basically new (m100 had maybe no more than 30-50 hours of listening) xs is obviously new

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #19,892 of 23,366
  getting my xs in a few days gonna need some extensive head time with both, will post my impressions 

both are basically new (m100 had maybe no more than 30-50 hours of listening) xs is obviously new

Looking forward to those impressions.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #19,893 of 23,366
Yes :frowning2:
Maybe you're right.
One question: Which font color should I take for the 
over ear shields template that it will be engraved as
white on the matte black?
White or Black?

Don't ask me my friend. I have never knowingly been stylish. I'm actually good at being not stylish.

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #19,894 of 23,366
The M100 do feel solid in hand. I have two pairs, and recently I discover that BOTH pairs got cracks on the side of the earcup, on one of the corners of the hexagonal earcup. They happened to be almost at the same spot, pretty amazing, I always wear them in office, leaving them on desk, and putting them back in their case at the end of the day...it annoys me now knowing that there are cracks on my m100..

Apr 1, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #19,895 of 23,366
The M100 do feel solid in hand. I have two pairs, and recently I discover that BOTH pairs got cracks on the side of the earcup, on one of the corners of the hexagonal earcup. They happened to be almost at the same spot, pretty amazing, I always wear them in office, leaving them on desk, and putting them back in their case at the end of the day...it annoys me now knowing that there are cracks on my m100..

I feel your pain. I deliberately don't look at my ones too closely because I'd be gutted if I discovered a crack. It's clearly a design flaw as discussed previously. It's a shame because otherwise they are very good at their job.

Apr 1, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #19,896 of 23,366

how long have you had them?

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #19,899 of 23,366

^^^ I've heard that over-tightening the screws is a HUGE cause of cracked earcups.

how long have you owned yours, and have they cracked? I learned to untighten the screws on my Sennheiser HD558 to prevent the sides from cracking, I got a replacement pair due to that issue.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #19,900 of 23,366
  how long have you owned yours, and have they cracked? I learned to untighten the screws on my Sennheiser HD558 to prevent the sides from cracking, I got a replacement pair due to that issue.

I've had mine for about a month and a half, no cracks yet. I didn't tighten the screws on too hard when I swapped the plates out, anyway.

Apr 1, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #19,901 of 23,366
I've had mine for over a year, swapped plates a couple times, dropped on cement, wooden and tile floors, and had the ear cups spring out of the yokes. I have scuffs and scratches all over, but no cracks.

Also, regarding the Matte Blue Avicii M-100s, they actually had demo units you could find in Macy's for a little while. They aren't there anymore, but here are some shots I took of them. I wonder what happened to the units after the demos were taken down...

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #19,902 of 23,366

Welcome to the club.
frown.gif

After a couple rounds of repairs, it took me a good long while to accept the brittle plastic on these guys is just going to crack no matter how I coddle them. Now that I've made peace with it, my standards have dipped accordingly: As long as the hairline fractures don't spread, chip, or start to affect the functionality of the headphones, I'm okay using them. Does it diminish my overall opinion of the M-100s? Absolutely. But at least the poor, defective things still work -- and still sound good doing it.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #19,903 of 23,366

Welcome to the club.
frown.gif

After a couple rounds of repairs, it took me a good long while to accept the brittle plastic on these guys is just going to crack no matter how I coddle them. Now that I've made peace with it, my standards have dipped accordingly: As long as the hairline fractures don't spread, chip, or start to affect the functionality of the headphones, I'm okay using them. Does it diminish my overall opinion of the M-100s? Absolutely. But at least the poor, defective things still work -- and still sound good doing it.

What do you mean by repairs? 

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #19,904 of 23,366
  I've had mine for over a year, swapped plates a couple times, dropped on cement, wooden and tile floors, and had the ear cups spring out of the yokes. I have scuffs and scratches all over, but no cracks.

Also, regarding the Matte Blue Avicii M-100s, they actually had demo units you could find in Macy's for a little while. They aren't there anymore, but here are some shots I took of them. I wonder what happened to the units after the demos were taken down...

Good to know. Sadly I can't get mine for another 7ish months. 
confused_face.gif

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #19,905 of 23,366
My m100's have been cracked since late February and they were purchased late January. It took exactly 31 days for them to develop a pretty size-able crack. I think the plastic that is used for the earcups is much too brittle although the hardness of the plastic may have an impact on the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back