V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 1, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #19,876 of 23,366
Weew thats pretty awesome, i actually saw the first pic before, but it hardly looked blue on the screen, it seemed to be blackish,
But the other pics are totally awesome.

I even like the material of the head band while it dont seem that durable but for sure will give any other headfone a run for the style.

Well if your logo is your account pic, i think it would look cool, but somehow close to aviciis' may be try to create some logo that go beside your name.

Anyway you got me excited to see the final product !!

Yes :D
Let's wait for the matte blue shields ;D

Apr 1, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #19,877 of 23,366
Yes :D
PS: That's my official Logo.I don't think that AVICII will be jealous ;DD
PPS: I've contacted V-MODA.I asked them if they can make my m100's
like AVICII ones.
What do you think they said? :)
"We can't make special edition for our costumers."
Man! That's so annoying!
I wrote a personal message to Val Kolton.
But he ignores me :DDDDD
I would like to get my personal text printed
on the headband (like the m100's of Erick Morillo)

Are you, like, famous dude?

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #19,879 of 23,366
Hi Zorrofox ;D

What exactly do you mean?

Well you seem to be asking for quite special service and it's generally famous people who want that kind of thing. I mean, the V-Moda's are already fairly unique in that they allow the owner a fair degree of customisation but that doesn't seem to be enough. They'll still sound the same. Subtlety can be a virtue.

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #19,880 of 23,366
Well you seem to be asking for quite special service and it's generally famous people who want that kind of thing. I mean, the V-Moda's are already fairly unique in that they allow the owner a fair degree of customisation but that doesn't seem to be enough. They'll still sound the same. Subtlety can be a virtue.

Yes :frowning2:
Maybe you're right.
One question: Which font color should I take for the 
over ear shields template that it will be engraved as
white on the matte black?
White or Black?

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #19,881 of 23,366
  In that other thread about Vmoda being overrated headphones, a guy said he would bring DT770's out for a walk or on the subway. LOL. That's like saying I'm going to bring my Q701's for a walk.

I can't believe they actually made a thread "non fanboys" for dissing the M100s.Jealousy will get them nowhere.

Apr 1, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #19,883 of 23,366

I can't believe they actually made a thread "non fanboys" for dissing the M100s.Jealousy will get them nowhere.

Yeah I eloquently posted on that BS thread. :D
Gotta love his evaluation on the OP...total flame bait bs :)

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #19,884 of 23,366
To be fair when that thread was created the hype train in this one was pretty extreme.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #19,885 of 23,366
  Yeah I eloquently posted on that BS thread. :D
Gotta love his evaluation on the OP...total flame bait bs :)

The OP created the thread before the M100s were released.Which clearly shows his intentions.Even though it's evident in the title.But still poor taste in anyway you look at it.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:11 PM Post #19,886 of 23,366
No, there was a new one that got started a week ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711461/are-the-v-modas-overrated-by-people-who-dont-have-enough-experience-with-headphones

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #19,887 of 23,366
  No, there was a new one that got started a week ago: http://www.head-fi.org/t/711461/are-the-v-modas-overrated-by-people-who-dont-have-enough-experience-with-headphones

Oh please.A new low for Head-Fi.I won't even bother giving it one view.Are there not rules about flaming thread titles.Or just utter lack of class.

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #19,888 of 23,366
  Oh please.A new low for Head-Fi.I won't even bother giving it one view.Are there not rules about flaming thread titles.Or just utter lack of class.

Looks like there are not such rules but after the last two posts looks like it calmed down lol

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:40 PM Post #19,889 of 23,366
Since the Audio-Technica M-50's white box models made their sound signature more friendly (as a part of the progressive revision to that headphone's sound), the community needs a new bass heavy headphone to dump on. Because M-100's tend to be pretty rigid in their pricing, unlike a lot of models that are routinely heavily discounted, it makes them an easy target for people who take up the mantle of "price to performance" critics. 

Frankly, the M-100's are good headphones. Their build quality is to some degree overstated - wingplate cracks and cup cracks abound but they still keep running regardless. Their sound signature is YMMV, and if you don't enjoy a mid recessed, bass heavy headphone then these definitely aren't for you. However, until the current sequence of HP50/FSP/FSC came out, there really was a dearth of excellent portable headphones in the $150-400 price point. Most of the contenders (K550's, Momentums, etc.) had real fit issues and to a large degree even the current batch of excellent, more neutral sounding portables still do. (I traded my FSP off because of clamping force issues and uncomfortable earpads). 

The M-100's have a very competent but bass heavy sound with good detail retrieval. Their treble is well extended and not harsh, glaring, or sibilant and that is reasonably hard to do in a closed back dynamic headphone. They have the best fit and ergonomics of any cirumaural headphone I've ever wore with the XL pads. They are very attractive and impeccably designed with a great accessory and feature set. Moreover, it has been my experience that V-Moda has great customer service. These things certainly say $250-300 price point to me. 

Apr 1, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #19,890 of 23,366
Agreed on all points. And because they ARE stylish and have a "cool kids" ad campaign, it helps the head-fi hipster brigade feel like they're better than people to say "I don't care about looks, these are just stylish pieces of junk". 

I don't like deferring to reviewers wholly on matters of subjectivity, but considering Tyll has said the LCD3's are his favorite headphones overall and put the M100s on his wall of fame, it's a safe bet that anyone who's looking at them fairly will agree that $300 is a fine price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back