V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 22, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #19,516 of 23,366
So you're telling me that you have also racked up 800+ posts on message boards for jeans, shirts, glasses, shoes, watches, phones, cars, laptops, wallets, and televisions? Come on, dude. This is a particular interest for us here. We're not superior to others and it's complete and total BS to look down at people and  claim that "Joe Consumer" only cares about having the same thing as everyone else with his favorite colors.

It just baffles me that people can say nonsense like that and not realize how god-awful it makes this whole hobby look. 

I understand where you're coming from and mostly agree ... But this is human nature we're talking about. Fact is most people want to be better, know more and have greater than others. That happens to manifest itself in our hobby.

You can rest easy in knowing that the same people we belittle and frown upon probably think we're idiots for spending/wasting this much time on headphones. To each his or her own.

Back to the topic

Mar 22, 2014 at 2:15 AM Post #19,517 of 23,366
So you're telling me that you have also racked up 800+ posts on message boards for jeans, shirts, glasses, shoes, watches, phones, cars, laptops, wallets, and televisions? Come on, dude. This is a particular interest for us here. We're not superior to others and it's complete and total BS to look down at people and  claim that "Joe Consumer" only cares about having the same thing as everyone else with his favorite colors.

It just baffles me that people can say nonsense like that and not realize how god-awful it makes this whole hobby look. 

I specifically said I do not research clothes on the Internet. When I was wee I used to hate getting clothes for birthdays and Christmas. Nowadays I love it. You buy it and I'll wear it. I cannot stress too much just how little I care about clothing.

I've worn the same watch now for nearly 20 years. Glasses? Of course I research them. Wouldn't you? I value my eyesight at least as much as my hearing. Laptops? Seriously? That's so last century. Cars? I love my car. I researched it, located it & bought it 12 years ago. It's still running like new. Why? Because I use the Internet and fix it myself. Phones? Come on, I own a Galaxy Note 3. Take a guess. Televisions? I researched that too. Wallets? I think you know what I'm going to say but just in case - I'm skint because I spend ludicrous amounts of money on headphones.

I'm not looking down at Joe Consumer but he does exist. If he didn't then you'd be right. We would all be walking around with SOTA Stax or Audeze or whatever.

I resent being classed as a snob but think about it. I currently own 8 pairs of headphones. There are people on this forum who could fill whole rooms with headphones and amps and cables. We are not Joe Consumer, clearly. That does not make us de facto snobs either though.

If I had the money to buy a brand new reasonably priced car I'd buy a Golf. It's the superior car in its grouping (internet research). Yet most people I see on the roads with that money are driving Peugeot's and Renault's. Why? They're called Joe.

It's the guy wearing Beats or Skullcrushers or whatever they're called who's the snob. Because they've made that decision entirely based on image. I'd like to think the vast majority of the contributors here have other criteria.

Don't get personal my friend. I use Bubbles as my avatar; you're using George Michael.

P. S. My 12 year old car? It's a Golf.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #19,520 of 23,366
I only formed that opinion when I let my friend listen to my M-100's from my combo. He didn't like my music (Rammstein I think it was) so he plugged into his phone to compare. I don't use an iPhone. He basically handed me back my own cans with a "wow" expression, I had a listen and nearly threw up. I went into his settings and found bass reducer and all was well. It's funny because in the mobile creche he laughingly refers to as his car he has the thinnest, nastiest sounding stereo on earth and he thinks that sounds fantastic too. Perhaps he's deaf.
^ this ^

No, I guess your friend chose that setting as its not default. If he likes it that way... thats fine. But normally it sounds... better :wink: I think actually the M-100 sounds quite good driven by an iPhone.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:22 AM Post #19,521 of 23,366
No, I guess your friend chose that setting as its not default. If he likes it that way... thats fine. But normally it sounds... better :wink: I think actually the M-100 sounds quite good driven by an iPhone.

He's never had much musical taste. They sound pretty good out of my GN3 too. No real need for an amp with the M-100's.

Mar 22, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #19,522 of 23,366
Thats my point: he seems to have different preferences. But to each his own I guess... Once did a sound system for a live band at a persian wedding (in Vienna). They insisted on what was to my ears a very shrill tuning. But thats how both artists and audience enjoyed the performance...

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #19,523 of 23,366
Thats my point: he seems to have different preferences. But to each his own I guess... Once did a sound system for a live band at a persian wedding (in Vienna). They insisted on what was to my ears a very shrill tuning. But thats how both artists and audience enjoyed the performance...

Aye, if that's what floats their boat. I only get pissed off when people tell me there's no difference at all and I'm wasting my money. Having said that life must be a lot easier for the less-discerning amongst us. Not to mention cheaper.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:13 AM Post #19,525 of 23,366
  ahh interesting pretty snake lol at least in now in canada lol

in canada in stores like futureshop, best buy, and canada computers u can't return opened headphones anymore

canada computers allows a returning opened headphones but with a 5% restocking fee soo i lose =(

however i'm considering it =) haha 

What? Are you serious about Future Shop and Best Buy,not being able to return headphones anymore? I know Canada Computer has a strict policy and always gave me a hard time before allowing a restocking fee.But I never thought BB and FS would change their policy.But they would never carry V modas anyway.

Mar 22, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #19,526 of 23,366
What? Are you serious about Future Shop and Best Buy,not being able to return headphones anymore? I know Canada Computer has a strict policy and always gave me a hard time before allowing a restocking fee.But I never thought BB and FS would change their policy.But they would never carry V modas anyway.

Yup changed it last june. On both their websites. And i even called their customer service to confirm.

Mar 22, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #19,529 of 23,366
Dang, that's absurd. I return headphones to BB down here in the states all the time. :/

Same here mate.

Yup only return if their defective and i think they check (dont quote me on this though) u can return them and say they dont fit or u dont like it. Then again if they dont check u can always say their defective

Are you sure about this? If that's a company policy and not a provincial or national law then I'm pretty sure they would be legally obliged to prominently display this information and also inform you at time of purchase and printed on your receipt/invoice. This is Canada after all, not some banana republic.

Mar 22, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #19,530 of 23,366
Same here mate.
Are you sure about this? If that's a company policy and not a provincial or national law then I'm pretty sure they would be legally obliged to prominently display this information and also inform you at time of purchase and printed on your receipt/invoice. This is Canada after all, not some banana republic.

I'm sure that Best Buy displays their policy in the store and prints it on the back of their receipt.  They would not be required to verbally inform you at the time of purchase though.  I don't know that I blame them.  Return rates on $199+ headphones are rather high.  Since they can't resell them, they are forced to return them to the manufacturer.  Obviously, there are back-end agreements that allow this, but the store does share in some loss in other ways.  

FWIW, Best Buy US allows returns on headphones, open or not, with no restocking fee.  I don't see this changing any time soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back