V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 7, 2013 at 7:03 PM Post #17,716 of 23,366
Alrght, so where does everybody hang the headphones case that came with the headphones? Do any of you actually use it?

Dec 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM Post #17,717 of 23,366
  Alrght, so where does everybody hang the headphones case that came with the headphones? Do any of you actually use it?

I use mine, and it either hangs on a pegboard in my apartment (aka my Wall o' Headphones) or is tucked in my bag.

Dec 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #17,718 of 23,366

You're crazy not to use the case provided with the headphones. It's the main form of protection when travelling.
'oh yeah just chuck 'em in mah bag'
Yeah no, they get scratched easily and are prone to bending which is annoying but possible to fix.

I've only used the carabiner on the case once. I don't see the attraction of hanging a $400+ (I have custom pads, shields, cable) outside my bag.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #17,719 of 23,366
I've been throwing the M-100 in my backpack for the past school year. The zipper of my case busted 2 weeks into the quarter last year and I haven't been using it for protection since then.

The M-100 itself still looks pretty good with only a small niche in the pleather headband (and earcup cracking not as a result of me putting it in my bag and even by doing so, they have not become a problem at all).

Welp, scratch that, literally. It looks like the metal barrel of the FiiO cable I'm using with the M-100 has scratched the plastic earcup. -_-

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #17,720 of 23,366
I generally have them on my head or around my neck.. or on the table at work when not wearing them.
If I need to put them into my bag, its a soft padded Billingham camera bag (with removable/movable dividers). So they fit snuggly with nothing to scratch them.
If I was using a different bag with other loose items around, I'd definitely use the case. Or if I was traveling rather than just commuting.

Dec 7, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #17,721 of 23,366
I've just been tossing my M-100 into my backpack. Taking it in and out of the case is annoying in this New York pedestrian life. I have a few tears in my headband that I fixed with liquid leather and scratches on my earcups, wingplates, and shields from dropping them while doing parkour. The case, on the other hand, looks pristine.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #17,723 of 23,366
So I pulled out my FiiO E17 that I haven't used in ages.
It opened up my M100s.

I'm using CamOpener on iPod touch with a custom EQ, 4 treble and 2 bass on E17.

Is the E12 mont blanc considered as an upgrade from the E17? I'm looking into selling my E17, but I had the E12 previously and didn't like the lack of control you had over it, especially in the volume section.

Dec 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #17,724 of 23,366
I generally have them on my head or around my neck.. or on the table at work when not wearing them.
If I need to put them into my bag, its a soft padded Billingham camera bag (with removable/movable dividers). So they fit snuggly with nothing to scratch them.
If I was using a different bag with other loose items around, I'd definitely use the case. Or if I was traveling rather than just commuting.
I went out into the city and forgot my case, noticed my Kata DSLR bag fitted my m100s perfectly when folded. I'm impressed.
Also the case can still make the m100s break. It's not a tank.

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:20 AM Post #17,725 of 23,366
Hey guys, 
I'm new to the forum and am in the market for headphones and a dac +amp for my PC.
I am really struggling to find headphones that I like with a Dac amp combo.
I'm 53 years old and mainly listen to pop music. 
I like loud music with lots of bass.
When I was younger i used to own a discotheque and we had an amazing JBL speaker set up with lot's of bass.
So far I have tried the Studio beats by dre, and kind of like them, although I found the treble and mids were lacking.
I have also tried the Audio Technica ATHM50RD Pro DJ Headphones
They were not bad. Nothing to get super excited about.
I have returned the HiFiman 400 headphones. Hated them.
I have also returned a Nuforce ICON-UDAC2-BLACK Headphone Amplifier and USB DAC 
And a Schiit Magni.
I believe i can find better.

I have just purchased the M-100, and wanted to know: do they have more bass than the other V moda mentioned in this forum? LP2 i think?
What Dac pre amps do you guys have?
 I have just bought a Topping TP D2 TP-D2 Headphone Amplifier & USB DAC
And shall be trying the M-100 with that.

If all else fails in the DAC + AMP department, I will probably move up to A Schiit Vahalla or Lyr, for amplifiers, and choose a Schiit DAC (Loki or Bifrost).

thanks

Dec 9, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #17,729 of 23,366

Hey do you guys know anyone that has done a comparison of the vmoda m100's and the ath m50's?

i think there is a review about comparing m100 and ath m50 on youtube. Just watched it a few days ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmYcZ6aToPE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNV5v610-ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Back