V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 6, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #17,686 of 23,366
  Guys my shadow version V-Moda M100s were stolen yesterday... 1 freaking day after I ordered the XL Pads and the Boom Mic for my PS4. 

I still have my AD700s for gaming, but I need to do the mic mod.

However I no longer have headphones for all the electronic music I listen to and I am stuck with a boom mic and xl pads. Should I rebuy the M100s in white or something. I'm pissed. I had a feeling these we going to last me at least 4 more years.

Man that sucks, maybe you should see if you can get a deal from the private sale website of vmoda.
They have sales from dented boxes and stuff.

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #17,687 of 23,366
Guys my shadow version V-Moda M100s were stolen yesterday... 1 freaking day after I ordered the XL Pads and the Boom Mic for my PS4. 

However I no longer have headphones for all the electronic music I listen to and I am stuck with a boom mic and xl pads. Should I rebuy the M100s in white or something. I'm pissed. I had a feeling these we going to last me at least 4 more years.

Sorry to hear. Don't you get 50% off a second pair? If i lost mind I'd definitely get another.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 4

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #17,688 of 23,366
Sorry to hear. Don't you get 50% off a second pair? If i lost mind I'd definitely get another.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk 4

I am not sure. I am pretty sure I have to return them broken or something... Unless you really try to physically destroy the M100s, I do not really understand how someone can break them, no matter how careless. So I am out of luck I guess.

How does the headband compare on the 3 models after a yr or so of usage. I know the the shadow holds up well, but begins to look kinda dirty/dustyish, primarily because I did not keep them in the case for several months.

Dec 6, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #17,689 of 23,366

Sorry about it, and you should report the S/N to V-MODA just in case.

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #17,690 of 23,366
Still loving my M-100s, perhaps more and more as I continue listening to new (and rediscovering old) music with them. So well tuned for portable headphones and electronic music. Boosted deep bass with good punch and reach is great for public transport commuting; while not as good at isolating as my Dt1350s were, I don't need to boost bass like I did with those. I also don't need to crank them as loud, which is surprising as the Dt1350s are quite efficient. But I guess its 32ohm vs 80ohm, so that's probably why. 

I don't consider myself a 'basshead' but I like a good amount of good quality bass, and when in a noisy environment the low end gets a bit lost, so its just perfect for portable use the M100. Treble never gets harsh either.

I've been listening to a lot of DnB since getting them, a genre I hadn't been giving enough love for ages, but I'm back in love with it thanks to the M100s.
Especially deep Liquid DnB with intricate percussion and deep sub bass. Artists like Seba, Calibre, Spectrasoul, S.P.Y., Marky, LTJ Bukem, Trei, Logistics, Nu Tone etc

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #17,691 of 23,366
Hey ive had the v modas now for almost a year and they hurt my ears . I figured out that my head doesnt seem long enough so the top part of the earpads tend to rest on my upper earlobes. PLus i just feel the circumfrence is too small and its 2 cramped. I love the sound but its getting annoying with the comfort.

Does or would  the XL pads make a difference ??? 

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #17,692 of 23,366
Hey ive had the v modas now for almost a year and they hurt my ears . I figured out that my head doesnt seem long enough so the top part of the earpads tend to rest on my upper earlobes. PLus i just feel the circumfrence is too small and its 2 cramped. I love the sound but its getting annoying with the comfort.

i think they would! Because they are thicker softer and spacier. So better comfort

Dec 6, 2013 at 6:35 AM Post #17,693 of 23,366
  I am not sure. I am pretty sure I have to return them broken or something... Unless you really try to physically destroy the M100s, I do not really understand how someone can break them, no matter how careless. So I am out of luck I guess.

How does the headband compare on the 3 models after a yr or so of usage. I know the the shadow holds up well, but begins to look kinda dirty/dustyish, primarily because I did not keep them in the case for several months.

hey, I'm really sorry to hear about that. I would be willing to sell you my new shadow m100 if you're interested. I got the HE400 for $300 on black friday.

Dec 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #17,694 of 23,366

Yes it does, so get the XL pads.

Dec 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #17,695 of 23,366
These are currently my reference wow factor phones.I must endorse using them with the Fiio E12 if you have the means.Perfectly powers the M100s! And they handle rock music beautifully. And with the bass boost on.Just listened to Domino by KISS and it sounded fantastic.Electronic music does not need bass boost.Unless it's internet radio on my phone.But I probably enjoy that pounding kick bass more than others.
L3000.gif

P.S.  @HifiPenguin I also suggest you contact V-Moda with your S/N and see what they might do for you.

Dec 6, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #17,696 of 23,366
I think V-Moda might offer you 50% discount if you got your current M100 stolen or wasn't there already a promo of some sort if already owning a V-Moda product? At least I'd give it a try.

Dec 6, 2013 at 4:17 PM Post #17,699 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back