V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #17,628 of 23,366
  My understanding was that the XL pads were deeper, but did not have a larger opening.  If that's the case, they may not help in this particular situation.   

While it is true the diameter is similar, they are roomier with the added depth.  Where my ear lobes touch the stock pads, they now have room to fit comfortably inside the XL pads

Nov 29, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #17,629 of 23,366
The XL pads make the M-100 a little too dar/bassy for my tastes unfortunately :/  They are definitely more comfy though :D

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #17,631 of 23,366
hello guys, I have a question about the vmoda m100 engraving, i want my logo to be on the two shields that are already on the headphone.

so if i select your design: yes  will it come on the extra shield or on the ones standard on the headphones? thanks guys im about to order these :D

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #17,632 of 23,366
Because of the great reviews, frequency response graphs and tech specs, I've decided I want a pair of V-Moda m100s.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is the fit.  Some people say they're snug on their ears, even with the XL Memory Cushions.

My ears are 7 centimeters (2.75 inches) from the the top of the helix to the bottom of the lobe.

Can someone with a pair of these do me a huge favour and get out a measuring tape and let me know if my ears will fit comfortably in these? :)

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #17,633 of 23,366
  hello guys, I have a question about the vmoda m100 engraving, i want my logo to be on the two shields that are already on the headphone.

so if i select your design: yes  will it come on the extra shield or on the ones standard on the headphones? thanks guys im about to order these :D

I think normally, the engraved shield would be the 2nd shield that you select. Of course, I think if you e-mail V-Moda, they may be able to accommodate your request. Their customer service is usually pretty legit.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM Post #17,634 of 23,366

I think normally, the engraved shield would be the 2nd shield that you select. Of course, I think if you e-mail V-Moda, they may be able to accommodate your request. Their customer service is usually pretty legit.

alright yes, because i just want it on both the standard ones, because the extra shields are different colors now which i dont like :D

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #17,635 of 23,366
  alright yes, because i just want it on both the standard ones, because the extra shields are different colors now which i dont like :D

hey if you don't want your 2nd shield, i'll buy it off you if you're interested.

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:26 PM Post #17,637 of 23,366
  i dont think that will come out as a great deal for you :3

i live in the netherlands shipping is like 50 bucks for the headphones, not even talking duties :)

hahaha that's chill. just thought i'd offer. having xtra shields is always fun! :D

Dec 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #17,638 of 23,366
Because of the great reviews, frequency response graphs and tech specs, I've decided I want a pair of V-Moda m100s.

The only thing that I'm concerned about is the fit.  Some people say they're snug on their ears, even with the XL Memory Cushions.

My ears are 7 centimeters (2.75 inches) from the the top of the helix to the bottom of the lobe.

Can someone with a pair of these do me a huge favour and get out a measuring tape and let me know if my ears will fit comfortably in these? :)

I have 7cm long ears and they fit inside both stock and XL pads fine. Yes there's touching but not sitting on top, and the pads are soft and even better with break in. The xl pads are comfier but stock were fine for me too. It might depend on how much your ears stick out though or what shape they are in terms of touching the drivers but no problem for me.

These are some great headphones.. The xl pads definitely seemto have broken in for me and/or I'm more accustomed to the sound with them now; perfect tuning for my tastes for electronic and rock and most genres on the go.

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #17,639 of 23,366
I have 7cm long ears and they fit inside both stock and XL pads fine. Yes there's touching but not sitting on top, and the pads are soft and even better with break in. The xl pads are comfier but stock were fine for me too. It might depend on how much your ears stick out though or what shape they are in terms of touching the drivers but no problem for me.

These are some great headphones.. The xl pads definitely seemto have broken in for me and/or I'm more accustomed to the sound with them now; perfect tuning for my tastes for electronic and rock and most genres on the go.

the xl pads help the most for ppl who have part of their ear brushing up against the headphone drivers. that can get really uncomfortable quickly.

Dec 1, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #17,640 of 23,366

To be clear, you are not asking them to engrave both the standard shields & the extra set, correct?  Because they may ask for additional money for that.  If you are just asking that they engrave the stock shields and leave the extra ones blank, they may be more accommodating.  The only thing that would be awkward there is that it would require them to unseal the box and remove the sheilds to engrave them, meaning you wouldn't receive a "new-in-box" experience.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back