V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:26 PM Post #17,614 of 23,366
My $25 [now discontinued] shallow insert Sennheiser CX-300 earphones (using the V-MODA BLISS 1.0(?) tips), which are far far away from being considered an in-ear monitor, provide more noise isolation than the M-100.

M-100 not great at noise isolation. All the IEMs I have isolate better.

That's because the M100s don't have proper noise isolation or sound blocking.
Of course an IEM will have more isolation than a headphone like the M100s, it covers your whole ear 'hole' with its tip.

M100s are very good at noise isolation. I'd rather buy V-MODA just for the isolation it provides.
Reason being is that you can hear cars and people talking directly to you.

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #17,615 of 23,366
That's because the M100s don't have proper noise isolation or sound blocking.
Of course an IEM will have more isolation than a headphone like the M100s, it covers your whole ear 'hole' with its tip.

M100s are very good at noise isolation. I'd rather buy V-MODA just for the isolation it provides.
Reason being is that you can hear cars and people talking directly to you.
Yea and if i wear this for like travelling, in the airplane etc. Is the airplane noise too much and will muddle the music?
And is listening to the m100s at 50 - 70 percent volume very bad to ears? I use google play music
Tks

Nov 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #17,618 of 23,366
so can anyone answer my original 2 questions?

They don't isolate particularly well, IMO.  That said, flying with them is not really that bad.  NC headphones do a better job cancelling out the noise(obviously), but the SQ on M-100 is still better, even with the plane noise.  Also, the enhanced bass in the M-100 helps cover the engine noise.  Regarding the volume percentage, that would depend on which device you are using.  In an iPhone, you could probably go up to 75% just fine.  Pay attention though, if it's uncomfortable or your ears ring after listening you have it too loud.  

Nov 28, 2013 at 12:09 PM Post #17,619 of 23,366
I think almost all closed headphones are "Okay" at lowering ambient noise volume (isolation) and are best in situations where you don't want YOUR music leaking out and disturbing others in a quiet environment. If you really need isolation from noise, NOTHING beats out In-Ear-Monitors (IEMs) like Etymotic or Shure. IEMs are like earplugs with speakers inside. Closed headphones are just mufflers. Sometimes mufflers are perfect for the situation though, and I like how the M-100 is easier to take off if I need to hear the world real quick. They're in-between IEMs and Open headphones, there's reasons to choose each of those but all-around passive closed headphones like the M-100 are the most practical. I would skip noise-canceling models, if you really want noise isolation badly you're better off with IEMs, and without the SQ trade-offs of noise cancelling.

[Video]http://youtu.be/53t_8UrB9xg[/Video]

Nov 29, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #17,622 of 23,366
Oh , yea and they do not FULLY enclose my ears, sort of like the ear lobe part(the part where u do piercings) it is like no inside it. Is that normal?

mmm... don't think that's normal... how big are your ears?

i could fit my whole ear within the earpad. maybe you could try the XL pads for better comfort.

Nov 29, 2013 at 4:56 AM Post #17,625 of 23,366
I can see this happening with the standard pads and it is likely the XL pads would solve your problem unless your ears are unusually large.
Oh. I see, tks! So the xl pads are larger?

Well you probably have big ears and need to replace the stock pads with the XL just to fit your whole ear(s) inside them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back