V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 29, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #13,381 of 23,366
Quote:
If I wasn't using a DAC, it wouldn't project out from usb for audio out right?
But if I was to have no DAC, wouldn't it send audio out anyway to headphones? 

saw this on the right side, would this work to bypass internal dac?

MBA 3.5mm jack = internal DAC; USB DAC / AMP to 3.5mm = external DAC.  However, not all USB to 3.5mm has a DAC inside the device, and the one you pictured doesn't.
Quote:
So... Monoprice it is... (I'm just worried about the plug fitment.)

Yes it will work, but this one looks a bit short.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #13,382 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes it will work, but this one looks a bit short.

Unless you actually go to the store and measure, I wouldn't be so sure. I bought 2 different cheapo cables online (to have as spares) that looked like they would fit and they don't. Now I have to "shave" the plug down to make them fit.

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #13,383 of 23,366
Quote:

Unless you actually go to the store and measure, I wouldn't be so sure. I bought 2 different cheapo cables online (to have as spares) that looked like they would fit and they don't. Now I have to "shave" the plug down to make them fit.

Of course, but the plug doesn't look that big to me.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #13,385 of 23,366
Can anyone chime into why the shields for the m80 have more color options than the m100? I really like the midnight blue...

also if i was to order the mic, it comes with the cables right? and what about when the xl pads come out? my m100's were shippd friday but i didn't have spare cash for the mic so i want it still can i get the mic+xl pads when both are ready?

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #13,386 of 23,366
Quote:
Can anyone chime into why the shields for the m80 have more color options than the m100? I really like the midnight blue...

also if i was to order the mic, it comes with the cables right? and what about when the xl pads come out? my m100's were shippd friday but i didn't have spare cash for the mic so i want it still can i get the mic+xl pads when both are ready?

It is b/c the m80 is a different size shield and because more people are buying the m100's and their shields so they ran out. I contacted V-MODA and the guy who does the shields, he said by april he would have the blue. I would wait for to get the shields and mic since later when the pads are available you could get it free with the order. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #13,387 of 23,366
Quote:

The BoomPro Mic and the cable are all connected in one piece, so you CANNOT change out the cable from the BPM with others.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #13,388 of 23,366
Quote:
The BoomPro Mic and the cable are all connected in one piece, so you CANNOT change out the cable from the BPM with others.

Hey DrSheep what other stuff that is included with BPM? Is it just the BPM and the adapter with two ends right? I saw your pics of it. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #13,389 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey DrSheep what other stuff that is included with BPM? Is it just the BPM and the adapter with two ends right? I saw your pics of it. 

Yes, that's all of it.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM Post #13,390 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes, that's all of it.

Cool, seems like a good deal! Since headsets go around $30-50 bucks. Plus this has 50mm advanced driver. I noticed when vocals were pretty good in the headphone. I used it to listen to a podcast and it preformed really well. Also clarity I have heard was good, did it perform well with ViOP, miceblue said it did well with skype.

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #13,391 of 23,366
Quote:
Cool, seems like a good deal! Since headsets go around $30-50 bucks. Plus this has 50mm advanced driver. I noticed when vocals were pretty good in the headphone. I used it to listen to a podcast and it preformed really well. Also clarity I have heard was good, did it perform well with ViOP, miceblue said it did well with skype.

Yes, I use it for Skype and TeamSpeak everyday.  I actually tried it with my Ferrari Cavallino T150i (yes I konw, bad example) and it works too.  So I imagine the BPM will likely works with other headphones with deteachable 3.5mm cables (e.g., UE9000).

Mar 30, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #13,393 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes, I use it for Skype and TeamSpeak everyday.  I actually tried it with my Ferrari Cavallino T150i (yes I konw, bad example) and it works too.  So I imagine the BPM will likely works with other headphones with deteachable 3.5mm cables (e.g., UE9000).

I realized everything V-MODA makes is such a good value. Seriously Val could have made the m100 a $400 headphones since this destroys every consumer headphone in the market. One day V-MODA would be really popular, more than beats and other brands. The only bad part of V-MODA becoming popular is that V-MODA wouldn't our secret anymore :) But Val said the more they sell the better products they could make. Can't wait till the Milano and the Revolver. Didn't Val said that was his golden headphone, the revolver. I wonder how the revolver looks like? The M100 was mostly a crowd demand after the m80 craze. I honestly like the sound signature of the m100, I like the emphasized bass and rolled off highs (protects from hearing damage, also I do not like piercing highs), since most of my music requires hitting bass. Also even with more acoustically centered songs, I like the warmth and the depth the m100 provides. 

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #13,394 of 23,366
Quote:
I realized everything V-MODA makes is such a good value. Seriously Val could have made the m100 a $400 headphones since this destroys every consumer headphone in the market. One day V-MODA would be really popular, more than beats and other brands. The only bad part of V-MODA becoming popular is that V-MODA wouldn't our secret anymore :) But Val said the more they sell the better products they could make. Can't wait till the Milano and the Revolver. Didn't Val said that was his golden headphone, the revolver. I wonder how the revolver looks like? The M100 was mostly a crowd demand after the m80 craze. I honestly like the sound signature of the m100, I like the emphasized bass and rolled off highs (protects from hearing damage, also I do not like piercing highs), since most of my music requires hitting bass. Also even with more acoustically centered songs, I like the warmth and the depth the m100 provides. 

Off topic: yeah seriously if V-MODA wants to make better stuff, then 1, keep cloud sourcing (e.g., Head-Fi-ers); 2, partner with the best OEMs / ODMs; 3, reinvent and improve upon the best (e.g., VentureCraft Do-DAP line to VAMP / VERZA) and not just a simple rebranding; 4, analyze social network and target the right people for marketing or research; and 5, don't EVER drop quality for the sake of lowering prices.

Mar 30, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #13,395 of 23,366
Quote:
Off topic: yeah seriously if V-MODA wants to make better stuff, then 1, keep cloud sourcing (e.g., Head-Fi-ers); 2, partner with the best OEMs / ODMs; 3, reinvent and improve upon the best (e.g., VentureCraft Do-DAP line to VAMP / VERZA) and not just a simple rebranding; 4, analyze social network and target the right people for marketing or research; and 5, don't EVER drop quality for the sake of lowering prices.

I agree, V-MODA is a gold company. If Val and V-MODA follows this they would make more awesome products. Do you think Val is going to make a more neutral sounding headphone in the next model? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back