V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 20, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #10,846 of 23,366
Haha, Parcel Force... Not happy with them AT ALL.

I paid the duty yesterday over the phone (I got the letter today, but its already done).
It said on the site that usually, they are dispatched the next working day after payment.

Was really excited last night about getting them today. I kept refreshing the tracking this morning, and I have Firefox automatically refreshing every minute.

It hasn't moved from 'Delivery scheduled'

I rang them up and the lady on the phone said "There are still some vans that haven't left yet. I will leave a note to say that if its not put on one of these, to send them out tomorrow".

That isn't the point!!! I have today off. I don't have tomorrow off to listen to them :frowning2:

I'm tempted to go to pick them up myself. It would mean a 40 or so minute drive there and back, but I'm willing to do it to get them finally in my hands!

This comes to mind (1.20 in, haha) Be cafeful of language:

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #10,847 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok I am really happy with my M100, beside the comfort which Im hoping my ears will get use to. One issue that im having though is that when I connect them to the computers at work and my external sound card on my computer the sound quality becomes so bad, and there is no bass. However on my iphone and my laptop they sound normal (good sound quality). Is the reason for this because the computers at work and my external sound card dont have enough power to power them? I found it weird because I thought the M100 was ment to be easy to drive, is anyone else having this problem?

One of my work computers was the same.  I think it was an older Dell.

Dec 20, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #10,848 of 23,366
40 minutes seems worth the drive! Makes me glad I'm going to hold out for Amazon UK to finally get stock, cant be doing with battling all these customs delays lol

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #10,849 of 23,366
Quote:
40 minutes seems worth the drive! Makes me glad I'm going to hold out for Amazon UK to finally get stock, cant be doing with battling all these customs delays lol

I'm going to a girls instead. Haha, I was given the choice of, in her words.
"I'd understand if you want to play with your...package... but fancy coming round for a DVD?".

These headphones are important to me and all, but who can turn down that?

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #10,850 of 23,366
Quote:

I used the LP2s (nearly identical to the LPs) for about six months before I got my M80s to game with on my Astro Mixamp and even with the included in line microphone it seemed to work really well.  Especially when they went to the split mic/controls with the new speak easy cables.  And the same holds true with the M100s I'm using now...just awesome gaming headphones when combined with the Mixamp.  

Add to that the boom mic and it'll be even better, but from what I've read, there doesn't seem to be much noise cancelation on the boom mic so apparently it picks up some breathing.  But that was only mentioned by one or two people and I sure as heck can find those posts in this monster of a thread.  

I'm certainly looking forward to being able to order the boom mic when it's available but Val has been eerily silent on that front even with all of the inquiries in this thread.  Something tells me it has either been cancelled or they are really re-working it.  Who knows unless he can let us in on the info.

So would you suggest the LPs, LP2s, M80s, or M100s as another gaming/music headphone. I'm also thinking about getting the new 2013 astro mixamp although it isn't wireless. The astro mixamp 5.8 doesn't allow you to listen to external music while playing games (like listening to iphone). Not to mention the new one has eq's. And I haven't tested the LPs on BO2 with footsteps, but if you have played it you will know with any headset (at least the ones i have tried: PC360 and Turtle Beaches) that it is extremely hard to hear footsteps without awareness. Hoping these will do a lot better. And seeing how it seems like you've tried them all, which one do you think is the most well-rounded, or should I wait for the next edition of Crossfades to come out?

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #10,851 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm going to a girls instead. Haha, I was given the choice of, in her words.
"I'd understand if you want to play with your...package... but fancy coming round for a DVD?".

These headphones are important to me and all, but who can turn down that?

I wonder if she meant make a dvd :wink: and I mean these headphones are probably better than the LPs, and the LPs are basically sex for one's ears, so...........

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:39 AM Post #10,852 of 23,366
Quote:

Yeah, chances are the computers at work have basic soundcards so not much power and your external being USB powered most likely will be the same.
I reckon you should invest in an amp.

Parcelforce since I paid duty went to 'delivery scheduled'. Still hasn't moved today... I want them today dammit!!

Quote:
Your best bet will be the AudioQuest DragonFly. I know it is expensive, but it sounds good and you will never have to worry about sound quality from any computer.

Thanks for the info. I have had a look at the AudioQuest DragonFly before, looks perfect for using on multiple computers seeing is so small and portable. I ended up ordering a Fiio E07K today though so that should fix my problems
smile.gif

Quote:
One of my work computers was the same. I think it was an older Dell.

Yeah thats exactly it, an old Dell. They must have all had terrible sound card in them, I'm glad I'm not the only one getting this problem.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #10,853 of 23,366
Do these have a recessed mids as people have said? How are the vocal on these since these are more bass-emphazised cans?

If we were to compare the vocals of these with the other current "Big 3"s : Momentums and the Sony Mdr-1r , I'm guessing the Sony's would sound better?

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:00 PM Post #10,854 of 23,366
Quote:
Do these have a recessed mids as people have said? How are the vocal on these since these are more bass-emphazised cans?

If we were to compare the vocals of these with the other current "Big 3"s : Momentums and the Sony Mdr-1r , I'm guessing the Sony's would sound better?

Have you read this...a comparrison between the "Big 3" 
http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-mdr-1r/reviews/7687

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #10,855 of 23,366
If any UK potential buyers are interested, I can let my ones go for £250 shipped.  Matte black pair, mint condition obviously, used yesterday only.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #10,856 of 23,366
Quote:
So would you suggest the LPs, LP2s, M80s, or M100s as another gaming/music headphone. I'm also thinking about getting the new 2013 astro mixamp although it isn't wireless. The astro mixamp 5.8 doesn't allow you to listen to external music while playing games (like listening to iphone). Not to mention the new one has eq's. And I haven't tested the LPs on BO2 with footsteps, but if you have played it you will know with any headset (at least the ones i have tried: PC360 and Turtle Beaches) that it is extremely hard to hear footsteps without awareness. Hoping these will do a lot better. And seeing how it seems like you've tried them all, which one do you think is the most well-rounded, or should I wait for the next edition of Crossfades to come out?

If you're going to do a mostly gaming on them, the LP2s would probably be a bit better since they are a bit more bass oriented and half the price of the M100s.  But if music is really important too, then the M100s win.  As you know, when gaming, you want pads that go around your ears so you can hear and notice the directional stuff like gun shots better, so it's between the LP2 and M100.  If only gaming, go LP2, if music is more important, M100.  

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #10,857 of 23,366
Quote:

While I would not describe M-100 mids as forward, I do not feel they are recessed at all.  I would say their vocals are in the top 10% of basshead cans.  I haven't heard the MDR-1R, but the M-100 outperforms Momentum to my ears regarding vocals, more because I find Momentum's upper mids/highs harsh rather than a lacking midrange.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #10,858 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

While I would not describe M-100 mids as forward, I do not feel they are recessed at all.  I would say their vocals are in the top 10% of basshead cans.  I haven't heard the MDR-1R, but the M-100 outperforms Momentum to my ears regarding vocals, more because I find Momentum's upper mids/highs harsh rather than a lacking midrange.

How is the Momentum's midrange timbre compared to the M-100? You mention a harsh upper-mid/highs for the Momentum and I can't help but shudder at the thought of it being like the Amperior, which I thought had a metallic-sounding midrange. Some people are looking at the Momentum as another option to the M-100 so I'm just kind of curious as to what your thoughts are for the midrange.

The M-100's midrange sounds pretty good tonally, as I mentioned in my initial impressions the tonality of female voices sound more accurate compared to the SRH940 probably in-part because of the added warmth, but I do find it to be too laid-back for my preferences [unmodded] as I listen to a lot of midrange-centric music genres.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #10,859 of 23,366
Quote:
How is the Momentum's midrange timbre compared to the M-100? You mention a harsh upper-mid/highs for the Momentum and I can't help but shudder at the thought of it being like the Amperior, which I thought had a metallic-sounding midrange. Some people are looking at the Momentum as another option to the M-100 so I'm just kind of curious as to what your thoughts are for the midrange.

The M-100's midrange sounds pretty good tonally, as I mentioned in my initial impressions the tonality of female voices sound more accurate compared to the SRH940 probably in-part because of the added warmth, but I do find it to be too laid-back for my preferences [unmodded] as I listen to a lot of midrange-centric music genres.

I found Momentum to be beefier on the low end compared to Amperior.  However, I found Momentum harsh (almost offensively so) toward the high end.  I enjoyed the treble on Amperior, but felt they lack detail in the mids and highs.

It's really a shame because they are beautiful, light, well-made headphones and I really wanted to like them.

Dec 20, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #10,860 of 23,366
Does anyone know if I will be able to refuse delivery and the £57.99 customs charge as I did not expect customs to be this much...the headphones are coming to £290 which I cant really afford and I could order from the US for £240 (just checked) 

Would I need to pay for the return delivery/would they deffinatly be sent back to V-Moda so I could get a refund?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back