V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 15, 2012 at 7:28 PM Post #7,951 of 23,366
I tried to do some casual burn in to see if it made any difference, I ran the Bink Audio Test CD a few times and went through most of my normal music library.  Only thing I can say is that I feel like I can have my volume lower than before to hear everything perfectly.

Also, I've gotten the itch to get new music from this year but have only found Django Django to be really good, any albums you guys feel go well with the M100's?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #7,952 of 23,366
Quote:
I see that you are having challenges with headphones now that I dealt with until recently, and you said D600 are best for you, but are still selling them.  Have you found headphones that are "keepers" for you or are you still searching?  Would the M-100 be a keeper if not for the comfort?  For me, I have determined the M-100 are more than capable to serve as the reference audiophile headphone I have been extensively searching for.  I agree with the comfort concern related to pad size pressing on the ear and am optomistic there will be a pad upgrade option in the future.  The UE6000 will fill the role of basshead/workout headphone nicely as it has fuller bass and extreme comfort. 

I'm not selling D600, they sound great for me, I just looking for headphones with better passive isolation so that I can listen with lower volume level since I use them at the subway every day. If comfort wouldn't be an issue I would burn M-100 more before making final decision

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:06 PM Post #7,953 of 23,366
Goddamit man, this is my 3rd post after almost 2 years of being lurking around head fi.

I just can't wait to try them out.

Thanks Val for creating the perfect portable headphones it's just like you took everything we complain about and everything we love about this hobby and you just avoid it and resume it into a set of ******* sexyness.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #7,954 of 23,366
Code:
[size=13px][font=Consolas] // statements_m100goto_you_holiday.cs public class M100GoToWorld[/font][/size]

Code:
[size=13px][font=Consolas] { public static void Main() { // Initialize the product:[/font][/size]
Who?
YOU

What?
"V the people" via M-100 release

When?
~60 days (hopefully less but I need to give us a "customs" buffer!).

PREORDERS SHOULD BE LIVE THIS WEDNESDAY, PHOTO-PERMITTING.

Where?
Worldwide, this is why I am in UK today, Germany Wednesday, Paris, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Russia over the next FEW days!  We are aiming for a synchronized global launch to meet Holidays. And yes, Dorothy, there is a V-MODA Claus in Canada. 

Why?

Code:
[size=13px][font=Consolas] goto Who?;[size=13px] [/size][/font][/size]
Code:
[size=13px][font=Consolas] Console.WriteLine("VICI."); } }[/font][/size]

EDIT: No time to debug this program, I'm laser focused on LAUNCH!

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #7,955 of 23,366
I love everything about the M-100 except for one thing: The pads. The material is great but they are horribly sized. They're too big to be on-ear but too small to be over-ear, at least for me.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #7,957 of 23,366
Quote:
Code:
[size=13px][font=Consolas] // statements_m100goto_you_holiday.cs public class M100GoToWorld[/font][/size]

Code:
[size=13px][font=Consolas] { public static void Main() { // Initialize the product:[/font][/size]
Who?
YOU

What?

When?

Where?
Worldwide, this is why I am in UK today, Germany Wednesday, Paris, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Russia over the next FEW days!  We are aiming for a synchronized global launch to meet Holidays. And yes, Dorothy, there is a V-MODA Claus in Canada. 

Why?

Code:
Code:

This madness..... I think my brain exploded

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #7,958 of 23,366
[size=0.93em] Order Date: August 28th 2012[/size]

[size=0.93em] This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment[/size]

I live in Canada and the wait is killing me. I am currently using the amperior for portable use, I can't wait to compare the two and share my thoughts to you guys!

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #7,961 of 23,366
Quote:

Code:

Code:
Who?
YOU

What?

When?

Where?

Why?

Code:
Code:

public class M100LaunchCountdown {
    public static void main (String[] args) {
        int count = 0;
        int launch_date = 60 //change this if the launch date is less than 60 days
        boolean v_moda = false;
        while (v_moda == false) {
            System.out.println("Must pre-order M-100's...");
            count++;
            if (count == launch_date) {
                v_moda = true;
            }
        }
        System.out.println("Veni. Vidi. Vici!");
    }
}

I think my Java programming skills are too rusty. XD

Quote:
At least it's not as bad as the Beats Pros in that regard!

Those "cushions" were the most uncomfortable things I have ever worn. I'm surprised they added them to the Mixr headphone.

Oct 15, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #7,963 of 23,366
Quote:
I love everything about the M-100 except for one thing: The pads. The material is great but they are horribly sized. They're too big to be on-ear but too small to be over-ear, at least for me.

While I can't call them ideal, the pad size becomes less problematic by adjusting the fit via the metal headband. (see: judicious bending)

If you desire a truly helix-grating experience, however, try an L-cushed Grado.

Oct 15, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #7,965 of 23,366
Quote:

Beats Mixrs: Foam Edition

Heh... the Mixr does indeed deserve its own circle of Hell: torturous clamping, rigid pads, and a metal frame that compounds said rigidity.  And that isn't to speak of the sound "quality."

Back on topic ~ I'm still searching for my optimal M-100 comfort positioning, but am now on my 3rd straight hour of listening without removing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back